Hacking Every wii hacker should read this and try to figure this out.

dhavalg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I can't install any cIOS on my modded wii.
mad.gif

Sounds strange?????

I already have a homebrew channel installed with back up loader as well.

I am able to play the backups without any problem from the discs, but i wanted to have a usb drive to store the backups and then use it to play.

I tried installing the recommended cIOS and tried to install the wad but it didnt install.

I tried installing the cIOS using boot.dol method but no luck as well.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??????????????

Mine is a Korean wii and it was premodded (software) when i bought.

The method of moding was novel, you all might not have heard of this.

A chipped drive is used instead of the original and instead of the original zelda, a backup copy was used with the twilight hack....(may be the people who sell dont want to invest in a original zelda)

and once the moding is done the chipped drive is replaced with the original again... WASNT THAT STRANGE!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you all guide me what to do... Mine is a wii with 3.2u, and can any one tell me how to find what cIOS is installed on my wii...????

Any kind of help would be appreciated guys................

I have tried all the possible methods which my mind could think of......... could it be that the modding that is done is not complete??????

(i mean this wierd method of moding)

PLease help me.......

Thanks in advance........

Its finally done. Thank you all. Just had to delete IOS249. Special thanks to dragon master.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
i would try installing HBC again using ether twilight or bannerbomb

anytitle deleter will tell you what ios is install already
id use the modded vision you can get it here

cojiro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you can load backups, you have a cIOS which is trucha-vulnerable. Thus if you run a wad manager from the cIOS you should have no problems installing it.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, some questions. Can you install BootMii to it? Have you tried installing IOS16 to it and then running wad manager off of IOS16 to install cIOS?

As long as you have the HBC it shouldn't matter how it got there. The only potential problem is incompatibilities due to the quirks of the Korean region, if there are any. Also, I reread your post and just got more confused. So was your Wii Korean and then region changed to 3.2u?

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How about we go with this to start...?

What happens when you actually try to install a new cIOS and which cIOS are you trying to install? Typically they will give you an error message like:

ERROR! (ret = -1) or ERROR! (ret = -6)

My Wii was having difficulties installing the cIOS needed for USB Backup Loading as well and I had to reinstall DVDX first and then the cIOS installation worked. Without knowing what happens makes it more difficult to troubleshoot for you.

My shot in the dark would be to install DVDX via the HackMii installer and restart your Wii. Then install whatever cIOS you want (I personally prefer the network installations) and restart your Wii...

dhavalg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Midnightzak said:
How about we go with this to start...?

What happens when you actually try to install a new cIOS and which cIOS are you trying to install? Typically they will give you an error message like:

ERROR! (ret = -1) or ERROR! (ret = -6)

My Wii was having difficulties installing the cIOS needed for USB Backup Loading as well and I had to reinstall DVDX first and then the cIOS installation worked. Without knowing what happens makes it more difficult to troubleshoot for you.

My shot in the dark would be to install DVDX via the HackMii installer and restart your Wii. Then install whatever cIOS you want (I personally prefer the network installations) and restart your Wii...

the error i get is ret-1

what does that mean????

but as you said i would try installing hackmii and try doing it again...

dhavalg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
FenrirWolf said:
Okay, some questions. Can you install BootMii to it? Have you tried installing IOS16 to it and then running wad manager off of IOS16 to install cIOS?

As long as you have the HBC it shouldn't matter how it got there. The only potential problem is incompatibilities due to the quirks of the Korean region, if there are any. Also, I reread your post and just got more confused. So was your Wii Korean and then region changed to 3.2u?

i didnt install IOS 16

i was trying to install cIOS straight way...

I am confused too that if my model is korean how would the region be 3.2u.... and as you said i double checked it to confirm it....!!!!

may be its not korean?????

But all the wiis that we get here are korean!!!

Now i will try what you said...

Install the IOS16 first and then would install the wad manager to install cIOS 16

Thanks

would let you know if this works...

dhavalg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
cojiro said:
if you can load backups, you have a cIOS which is trucha-vulnerable. Thus if you run a wad manager from the cIOS you should have no problems installing it.

Thats why i put the heading that every hacker and modder should read this wierd case.

Yes it loads backups via gamma loader, wii gator, etc....

It installs the wad files as well, i installed usbloader gx wad file.

But the only thing i cant install is the cIOS. it gives error ret=-1

What is that and how to proceed..

as one of the friends have suggested i would try installing IOS 16 and then install cIOS 16
and also try installing DVDX first via hack mii.

Will let you know how it goes

nagnose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you play backups from the disc channel? - if so, then it is probably cioscorp and you need to get rid of that by downgrading

------->http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158324

dhavalg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
nagnose said:
do you play backups from the disc channel? - if so, then it is probably cioscorp and you need to get rid of that by downgrading

------->http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158324

No Bro...
i use back up loaders like gammloader and wii gator.

and my wii is 3.2u..

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Try gettin the installer of the cIOS from other source (maybe a corrupt .dol), cause error 1 is when the file can't be found, and/or try to reformat your SD and try again, I don't think the korean thing can be such a problem, let us know what happens..!!
smile.gif

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, now that we have a specific error it might be easier to fix.

Per the cIOS error code guide by Kitt050383

Code:
ret=-1 
WAD file Rare error describing a 404… file was not found...

1) Your SD card is not formatted as FAT16 or FAT32 properly, reformat it.
2) You deleted the file, after you selected it for install… stop doing stuff like this.
3) Appears, when there is no “WAD” folder on your device. (SD-card)

Code:
ret=-1 
DvD backup Specific cIOS Missing 
Install the required cIOS for your HomeBrew App!

Code:
ret=-6 
DvD backup/Backup loader 
The application was found however there is no way to read the disc!
Reinstall dvdX.. Note that you may have to install patchmii (IOS249).

If you want a copy of the Error Code Guide -> http://web150.serv62.wrsds-ns.de/a/wii/wii_error_codes.pdf

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Well first of all if you are wondering if your wii is korean it is but they use anyregion changer to install usa firmware when they mod it it. Second try to download any title deleter and see if they already installed an old version of the cios just search if their is ios 249 in their if an old one is installed just delete it this fixed the probem for me.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think your cIOS problem is because you have a chipped korean wii. It's my understanding that wiigator's backup launchers don't work unless you have a cIOS installed already, you may be booting backups because you're chipped but can't boot usb loader games since it's calling an IOS you don't have.

Are you sure you're not Hardmodded?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Mark McDonut said:
I think your cIOS problem is because you have a chipped korean wii. It's my understanding that wiigator's backup launchers don't work unless you have a cIOS installed already, you may be booting backups because you're chipped but can't boot usb loader games since it's calling an IOS you don't have.

Read the thread, if he has a ModChip installed, why would he use a launcher instead of the disc channel...??
wacko.gif

dhavalg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Mark McDonut said:

hi there
i already mentioned that i cant run the isos from the disc channel.

i use gamma loader, i think that means that i am not hard moded..

any ways thanks for the reply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/mKiHdEqwh80