"Epic Mickey" Wii game in next Game Informer

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently there's a new Disney game being made given the tentative title "Epic Mickey". I'm posting this mostly because, despite all the subpar movie games Disney tends to crank out, they HAVE been known to make some truly good games. Mostly older ones, but Mickey himself has had some great ones. Not least of which is the "Illusion" series on Genesis and Master System, Magical Quest trilogy on SNES/GBA, and even Mickey Mania. I'm holding out hopes for the mouse. Maybe we'll get a good game lol!

Anyways, like I said, the game is entitled (for now) Epic Mickey. It's said to be for Wii, and being described as a "Mario killer". Now I'm seriously doubting it will come close to killing something like Mario Galaxy or anything, but I suppose this means it will be a platformer, and in that area, Mickey has been proven to be successful in. Here's hoping they'll make something decent!

24q2vpt.jpg

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=96577

Also, some concept art that was shown back in July-

thin_wallhires.jpg

sea_transport.jpg

castle_dwn_view.jpg

castle_side02.jpg

goofy_zombie.jpg

bwx01.jpg

447.jpg

446.jpg

445.jpg

444.jpg

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175362
http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=220427
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369603

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I remember a Mickey game i used to play on the old GBC. it was really fun.
The concept art for this looks nice so lets hope it turns out good.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking at the concept art again and again, those pictures don't look like anything from a Mickey/Disney game. What the hell are they thinking?
wtf.gif

Personally I'm not against this 100%, to me this game looks like some kind of aftermath of what Disney used to be about or something along the lines of a pseudo 'Fallout' genre.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt it'll get anymore epic than The Magical Quest starring Mickey.

THAT was an epic Mickey game.

But I'll be rooting for this one too.

Also curious about the genre. Better not be minigames.

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never say epic but i must say this is EPIC!! It looks like some post apoctaliptic thingy. I didnt even know disney was capable of pulling off something like this but evidently they're trying.

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Canonbeat234 said:
I'm looking at the concept art again and again, those pictures don't look like anything from a Mickey/Disney game. What the hell are they thinking?
wtf.gif

Personally I'm not against this 100%, to me this game looks like some kind of aftermath of what Disney used to be about or something along the lines of a pseudo 'Fallout' genre.

Well... I've seen some Disney clothes and there where some crazy/bloody ones so i don't doubt Disney can do something like that... Personally this looks rather interesting..

Anyways i think the art looks awesome, That Goofy pic is pretty neat... Also something awesome might come from this... Just look at Kingdom Hearts
rolleyes.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Canonbeat234 said:
wtf.gif

Exactly my thoughts, it does look epic to me though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Depends on my mood