ROM Hack RELEASE EmuTool - Move partition Emu on another SD, Switch Emu type on SXOS and more

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
ok thanks, Im a bit confused on how to get the whole thing copied over correctly. Instructions are a bit confusing.

whats the deal with the EmuTools sofware? is it copying over all files except games? The bulk of the files look like they are in the nintendo folder. ie the size of the nintendo folder is very much all of the data

Emutool as stated on the OP is a software for backup and conver raw partitions of emuNANADs

The other partition is normal data you can backup easy as copying files

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jebus thanks I should have really invested in a bigger memory card from the offset that looks really complicated but I will give it a go at least.
Post automatically merged:

if I can get this to work, does it mean I need to make a new backup within atmosphere of all of my new partitions?

Last edited by Psd99,

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok so im trying but I cant get MiniTool Partition Wizard to work

the version I got is basically asking me to pay for a sub

is there a good alternative partition software that is free?

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you installed the full version of MiniTool, install the home version, it do not ask for payment.
it is difficult now to get the home version
im guessing i installed it before and now it doesnt let me do anything

im looking for other programs but nothing is as good so far

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so im trying but I cant get MiniTool Partition Wizard to work

the version I got is basically asking me to pay for a sub

is there a good alternative partition software that is free?

I used the full version of Aomei to partition the SD card, then used the free version of Minitool to reformat the parition. Have to torrent the Full version of Aomei

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the guide is not very great tbh a few screen shots would have helped, ok I found something else called ease US partition

after struggling a bit is this how the new partition on the Bigger SD card should look?

Im currently using Emu Tools to copy my partition over, but I noticed already that the fat32 partition with the bulk of space is actually not visible to windows yet.

Attachments

• 1668616062937.png
    1668616062937.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 32

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the guide is not very great tbh a few screen shots would have helped, ok I found something else called ease US partition

after struggling a bit is this how the new partition on the Bigger SD card should look?

Im currently using Emu Tools to copy my partition over, but I noticed already that the fat32 partition with the bulk of space is actually not visible to windows yet.

If that FAT32 parititon doesn't read later, reformat it.

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think I understand the story for the 29.2 GB partition

but as for my original memory card's fat 32 partition - is it just a case of actually copy and pasting directly from the old card to the new card? is that the best way to do it

I saw something pop up regarding a nintendo folder just wondered

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I understand the story for the 29.2 GB partition

but as for my original memory card's fat 32 partition - is it just a case of actually copy and pasting directly from the old card to the new card? is that the best way to do it

I saw something pop up regarding a nintendo folder just wondered

Yes just copy and paste.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh and that fat 32 partition, does it need to be a primary or logical partition?

Primary, but first see if your SD card can see it or not, if it doesn't see it that why you need to format it again, Im not sure if you need to do it, but I need to do that when I did 2x emunand.

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Primary, but first see if your SD card can see it or not, if it doesn't see it that why you need to format it again, Im not sure if you need to do it, but I need to do that when I did 2x emunand.
ok I formatted it and now windows sees the drive

bit nervous about this but we'll see if it works

If you are converted your EmuNAND from SXOS to Atmosphere and you didn't shrink your EmuNAND you need to copy the files in the EMUTENDO folder contents from SXOS to the Atmosphere NINTENDO folder (emuMMC/XXXX/Nintendo, XXXX is a Alpha Numeric 4 digit ID) this should make everything compatible work.
(Remember games installed with the built in SXOS installer will probably need to be reinstalled.)

Does the above apply to me?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I formatted it and now windows sees the drive

bit nervous about this but we'll see if it works

If you are converted your EmuNAND from SXOS to Atmosphere and you didn't shrink your EmuNAND you need to copy the files in the EMUTENDO folder contents from SXOS to the Atmosphere NINTENDO folder (emuMMC/XXXX/Nintendo, XXXX is a Alpha Numeric 4 digit ID) this should make everything compatible work.
(Remember games installed with the built in SXOS installer will probably need to be reinstalled.)

Does the above apply to me?

No it doesn't apply to you, since you have no SX OS emunand.

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok thanks, it's saying nearly 2 hours till the files are copied locally to my drive
shame i didnt have 2 card readers oh well.

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well first you should try to see if the emunand work or not, you need to use hekate to fix it

You mean this:

Make EmuNAND visible to Atmosphere.
  1. Unzip Hekate files to the ROOT of your SD.
  2. Insert SD in to the Switch
  3. Boot Hekate using the hekate payload and your favorite payload launching method.
  4. Select EmuMMC
  5. Select Migrate EmuMMC
  6. Select Fix Raw
  7. Select OK

In my example I just need to unzip hekate to the root of the fat 32 drive and follow instructions?

is that like being done to save me time?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean this:

Make EmuNAND visible to Atmosphere.
  1. Unzip Hekate files to the ROOT of your SD.
  2. Insert SD in to the Switch
  3. Boot Hekate using the hekate payload and your favorite payload launching method.
  4. Select EmuMMC
  5. Select Migrate EmuMMC
  6. Select Fix Raw
  7. Select OK

In my example I just need to unzip hekate to the root of the fat 32 drive and follow instructions?

is that like being done to save me time?

yes, cause if you can't access the hekate then you have to format the 441.99GB again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Having every channel is fun lol
  • D @ diamondsofmayhem:
    Actually, finally found someone who was looking for the same thing. https://gbatemp.net/threads/lost-hyrule-warriors-legends-v1-6-0-ntr-plugin.628141/ to no avail.
  • D @ diamondsofmayhem:
    well, sorry for bugging yall with this.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sup nerds
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sup dawg, watching old rap vids so feel like I gotta talk...Real
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not really just funny. I'm definitely a nerd!
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    Hi there, it's any way to recover original LFCS if I don't have a NAND backup?
    Bought second hand 3DS, it seems it was "unbanned" but that was before I bought it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got these in today for $20 stink buds they aren't that bad https://a.co/d/fOMSn8g
    +1
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Crazy, the rich get away with this shit, and I can't shit without the poop police checking my asshole every time I shit, or have my toilet seatbelt on.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Crazy, the rich get away with this shit, and I can't shit without the poop police checking my...