Hacking emuNAND Tool - Release and Support thread

giorgoc89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Wait to reach 100%, then wait a few more seconds, maybe a minute, then you can remove/close/exit. There's no confirmation.
Oh ok then. Also, regarding backups, is the emuNAND.bin file all that's needed or are the rest of the SD files needed as well?

At this point this is what my backups look like:

kQxeRfK.jpg

I'm probably making it harder than it is but please bear with me. Lol.

Is this correct?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok then. Also, regarding backups, is the emuNAND.bin file all that's needed or are the rest of the SD files needed as well?

At this point this is what my backups look like:

kQxeRfK.jpg

I'm probably making it harder than it is but please bear with me. Lol.

Is this correct?

That's fine haha. emuNAND is in the NAND.bin that was created, and also what's restored when you need to restore it, but it's always good to have a backup of your full SD card as well. I'd also recommend renaming NAND.bin to emuNAND.bin so you don't confuse it with your real NAND.bin backup.

giorgoc89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
That's fine haha. emuNAND is in the NAND.bin that was created, and also what's restored when you need to restore it, but it's always good to have a backup of your full SD card as well. I'd also recommend renaming NAND.bin to emuNAND.bin so you don't confuse it with your real NAND.bin backup.
Um NAND.bin (aka the left window) is my sysNAND I think.

I got that file through the Gateway Launcher by selecting the "BACKUP SYSTEM NAND" option. The file I got from the EmuNAND Backup Tool is the one on the right window which is named emuNAND.bin (the tool had the file named like that)

Now I'm a bit more confused.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um NAND.bin (aka the left window) is my sysNAND I think.

I got that file through the Gateway Launcher by selecting the "BACKUP SYSTEM NAND" option. The file I got from the EmuNAND Backup Tool is the one on the right window which is named emuNAND.bin (the tool had the file named like that)

Now I'm a bit more confused.

OK, no renaming needed then. Sorry for the confusion, I haven't done this in a while so there may have been a newer revision to the tool.

giorgoc89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Once it says 100% and it starts responding to your mouse clicks again, it's done
Um I didn't know it didn't respond to mouse clicks before but I left it for around 2-3 minutes after reaching 100% then closed the program. I also noticed that the Extract and Inject buttons were greyed-out until it reached 100% (that's probably what you meant) but I still left it for a couple of minutes after the buttons were available again just to be safe.

n1ghty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
100% is 100%. :) I never found the time to finish the new version... I don't think that the planned features are urgently needed and my focus has shifted to the Wii U :)

Reactions: Maximilious

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To move emunand from a 4gb to a 32gb, all i need is this tool right?
Of course first i format emunand with the new 32gb sd card and then inject emunand.bin backup that i extracted with of the 4gb sd card.
That should work right? I have read this method fron somewhere and i wanted to be sure.

Last edited by RaMon90,
Reactions: cvskid

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That was probably a stupid question, I successfuly moved to a bigger sd card.
One thing i noticed is that 55mb files installs in 54 seconds but 2nd try it was 49 seconds. I'm not really good at math but calculating 50mb x 20 min, I can install nearly 1gb file in 20 min, is that really normal? The sd cards speed is 48mbs sandisk 32 gb. 100% real because it was big known store.
Is it because the micro sd with sd card adapter doesnt use the full potential speed? Or is it because of devmenu?
Also the emunand runs after 4 seconds.

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
So if I were to transfer an old backup of installed cia games while on rxTools CFW, how do I "legitimized" the process making the system into thinking I was using the old micro-SD Card still?

I was formerly using a 32 Gb micro-SD Card but found the capacity to be too limiting with all the games I'd like to put into it hence I had to upgrade to a higher capacity one, which is a 64 Gb micro-SD Card.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Situation: SYSNAND @ 9.2, EMUNAND from Gateway at 10.1. Unlinked. Potentially want to purchase eshop titles for use on the 9.2 SYSNAND.

Can I use this tool to backup the 10.1 Gateway EMUNAND, clone the SYSNAND temporarily onto the SDCARD as new EMUNAND, updating to 10.1 and accessing the Eshop in that EMUNAND, and then extracting the cias from the (now linked) EMUNAND and installing them into the original 9.2 SYSNAND, afterwards restoring the unlinked, original Gateway EMUNAND?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Broken condoms lead to broken hearts, won't someone think of the children!!! Lol +2