Hacking emuNAND Tool - Release and Support thread

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
was also wondering if i could transfer my save files. Copied everything from my other card to my computer in a folder and was wondering if my savegames from cia's where stored somewhere in those maps.

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
  • You updated your emuNAND to a version which is not supported by the Gateway (or clone) and want to go back to an old version.
=> Extract the emuNAND each time you update it. You can then switch the emuNAND version by injecting the backup.

If this is done, will I still be able to use my save from CIA games? (given that I have all my MicroSD files just before update are intact)

V3NUS_M1NER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep on getting this error, and it's driving me NUTS!

Read failed error = 23(Data error (cyclic redundancy check))

If it helps, it's at 21% when it does this

Toneck92

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey , if I were to get a new SD card , make a backup of emunand , reformat emunand with new SD , then inject back again will the sysnand and emunand be linked ? as I dont want that risk of data management tab , cheers.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey , if I were to get a new SD card , make a backup of emunand , reformat emunand with new SD , then inject back again will the sysnand and emunand be linked ? as I dont want that risk of data management tab , cheers.
Once you inject the old emunand into the partition it will not be linked. I never liked the term "inject" in this case, it makes it sound like a merge when it is really a replace.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Once you inject the old emunand into the partition it will not be linked. I never liked the term "inject" in this case, it makes it sound like a merge when it is really a replace.
no, injecting the old emunand (the emunand that was dumped before any formatting was done) will undo the format (and unlink) done to emunand.
or, maybe i am missing something to this, i only saw that one post :)

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, injecting the old emunand (the emunand that was dumped before any formatting was done) will undo the format (and unlink) done to emunand.
or, maybe i am missing something to this, i only saw that one post :)
What I was trying to say was if the old emunand (backup) was unlinked and injected into a freshly formatted emunand (even if the fresh one is linked). The result will be an unlinked emunand. It will have its own folder structure on the SD.

It has been a few months since I have done this, so please correct me if I am mistaken. :)

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
What I was trying to say was if the old emunand (backup) was unlinked and injected into a freshly formatted emunand (even if the fresh one is linked). The result will be an unlinked emunand. It will have its own folder structure on the SD.

It has been a few months since I have done this, so please correct me if I am mistaken. :)
yes sure are right there, but the earlier post did not seem correct to me :) maybe i misread it, i'm not sure!
but yes, the part that says what folder is used on the sd card is stored in the nand itself

Ainsley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm brand new to hacking and I'm trying to slightly update my browser {it's a 12U right now} so that I can hack animal crossing new leaf. I know it needs to be below 23, but I think the 12 is too low because it's not working and my firmware is a 9.5 which should be compatible with hacking it. Can anyone explain to me how to update my browser to a higher version using emuNAND?

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm brand new to hacking and I'm trying to slightly update my browser {it's a 12U right now} so that I can hack animal crossing new leaf. I know it needs to be below 23, but I think the 12 is too low because it's not working and my firmware is a 9.5 which should be compatible with hacking it. Can anyone explain to me how to update my browser to a higher version using emuNAND?
You cannot, since you are above 9.2

jasjeet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to transfer my emuNAND from my 4GB card to my new 16GB card with this tool?

Edit

I used this tool here to just flash my NAND backup to my 16GB emuNAND partition. This worked perfectly, everything is detected as is on my 4GB card. I had to reinstall FBI, that was all.

Exact steps
1) Install new SD Card. Boot the Gateway launcher. Install emuNAND.

2) Use the emuNANDtool to overwrite the emuNAND on the new SD Card with your NAND backup. This will essentially give you the same emuNAND as the old SD Card, and will be unlinked as your system was formatted the first time since the NAND backup was taken.

3) Update the emuNAND as normal.

4) Install FBI installer as normal through H&S app injection.

5) Enjoy =D

Last edited by jasjeet,

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Short problem, my SD Card is acting up and I tried to dump the emuNAND of it while I don't buy a new 32gb SD/microSD, but I get CRC check errors, there is any way to fix the unallocated 1GB portion or force copy it's content ignoring the CRC error?
I'll try to copy the entire SD using win32diskimg but I think that when I copy it to a new SD the CRC error will be carried over.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Short problem, my SD Card is acting up and I tried to dump the emuNAND of it while I don't buy a new 32gb SD/microSD, but I get CRC check errors, there is any way to fix the unallocated 1GB portion or force copy it's content ignoring the CRC error?
I'll try to copy the entire SD using win32diskimg but I think that when I copy it to a new SD the CRC error will be carried over.

You can try following this thread:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/

It will grab an entire image of your SD card, not just emuNAND. But it will work in place of this tool if you're running into trouble. You can then place the image on your new SD card, use this tool to grab just emuNAND, reformat and re-flash emuNAND as needed to regain space on the card. Or just use the tool in that thread, but I would recommend my steps so you don't mess the card formatting up by extending the partition.

Reactions: Tomy Sakazaki

giorgoc89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is the tool supposed to give a "Done" notification when the backup is done? Or do I just close the tool once it reaches 100%?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16