Elon Musk buys out Twitter for $44 billion, plans to take company private

asdasddsadadas.png

We've long become used to gaming industry buyouts; between Microsoft and Sony's recent acquisitions, and future rumors, it's of little surprise to see a smaller studio scooped up by an infinitely larger one. But over in the tech world, there's been a buyout a little weirder than usual; on Monday, Twitter was bought by the ever-eccentric world's richest man, Elon Musk. The cost of the deal totals a staggering $44 billion--$54.20 per share of stock. Following this, Musk plans to make Twitter a privately-owned company, and the full acquisition is set to take place later in 2022.

In regards to the buyout, Elon Musk stressed that he wants to improve Twitter by adding new features, making the site's algorithms open source, and focusing on "free speech", claiming that the company has a lot of potential. Employees of Twitter expressed frustration at the lack of transparency from the higher-ups within the company about the buyout, and nervousness as they were unsure what would happen to their jobs, as Musk plans to make drastic changes in the future.

"Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated," said Mr. Musk. "I also want to make Twitter better than ever by enhancing the product with new features, making the algorithms open source to increase trust, defeating the spam bots, and authenticating all humans. Twitter has tremendous potential – I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it."

:arrow: Source

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People actually thought this goober was gonna do anything positive LMFAO

Elon Musk has literally never done a single good or valuable thing in his entire life.
Edit: Though, he'll do one when he eventually breaks down and kills himself when this purchase becomes a money sink for him and makes him a laughing stock.

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

Elon Musk has literally never done a single good or valuable thing in his entire life.
Edit: Though, he'll do one when he eventually breaks down and kills himself when this purchase becomes a money sink for him and makes him a laughing stock.
saving this to look at it next month im sure this time for sure

Reactions: sombrerosonic

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

Can't imagine thinking someone killing themselves is good. I've seen some dumb shit come from you, but this is low.

Reactions: sombrerosonic

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but because it puts the whole Electronic Auto industry at risk. as the lost of Tesla would jeopardize the future of EV Contracts and production .
Most other dedicated electric car companies have been revealed as scams, what is one more with an overpumped stock price beyond its market share/potential market share and sales? Most of the big car companies have lines with them in (if not moving lines over to them wholesale).
The demonstrated principle is there and tech kind of there to match (dubious in prior years), just leaving the lack of lithium in the world (nickel maybe as well if the state of things there is anything to go by), lack of recyclability, lack of long term battery resiliency (better get those battery swap options sorted rather than proprietary wound into the core nonsense) and tendency for such cars to burn to the ground after a little bump.

Reactions: SylverReZ

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most other dedicated electric car companies have been revealed as scams, what is one more with an overpumped stock price beyond its market share/potential market share and sales? Most of the big car companies have lines with them in (if not moving lines over to them wholesale).
The demonstrated principle is there and tech kind of there to match (dubious in prior years), just leaving the lack of lithium in the world (nickel maybe as well if the state of things there is anything to go by), lack of recyclability, lack of long term battery resiliency (better get those battery swap options sorted rather than proprietary wound into the core nonsense) and tendency for such cars to burn to the ground after a little bump.
yes, problems in the current state but look how fast the Battery and mileage has advanced in the last 10 year. Image if we are able to pump the same amount of cash as in fossil fuels? We can be able to create, with start of Fusion Energy and cleaner batteries, EV will be standard in less than 20 years.

having the 'TOP" Company default not because of the product but the EGO of the CEO is a shame. and Best believe that BIG Oil will use it as claim that EV don't work

Claiming that we should not Pursue EV because of the current faults, is like stating we should of never invest in TV tech because the screens were small, picture was gray and fuzzy, the inner tubes kept popping every couple of months and needs to be replaced

Last edited by djpannda,

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What the fuck Laina........ I have no words for this.....

But i do have this. Suicide isn't good. period. anyone saying that it's a good and justifying it should change themselves and leave the internet. Nobody likes people like that.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

But i do have this. Suicide isn't good. period. anyone saying that it's a good and justifying it should change themselves and leave the internet. Nobody likes people like that.
Even worse is to equate it to some sort of "value" as a person. Good lord.... That's just pathetic.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I actually reported that comment yesterday because wishing anyone's death shouldn't be encouraged
And please don't tell stuff like "back then you wouldn't have wished hitler's death?" Because those two persons are far from having done the same thing...

• Love
Reactions: SylverReZ and Kioku

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't imagine thinking someone killing themselves is good. I've seen some dumb shit come from you, but this is low.
Meh, you'll get over it. Elon's a useless hack lmfao. Him painting his ceiling is the best thing he could do right now.
Post automatically merged:

1671678106166.png

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Meh, you'll get over it. Elon's a useless hack lmfao. Him painting his ceiling is the best thing he could do right now.
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 343826
No really, it happened to me for my whole high school, that a lot of people were telling me (in real life by the way, like face to face) "go kill yourself" "you should hang yourself"
Lot of students wished me death
Just saying, even an adult, a bus driver, told me she wished me dead.
That's why i say wishing anyone's death shouldn't have its place here

• Love
Reactions: SylverReZ and Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I actually reported that comment yesterday because wishing anyone's death shouldn't be encouraged
And please don't tell stuff like "back then you wouldn't have wished hitler's death?" Because those two persons are far from having done the same thing...
Telling someone, over the internet, to harm themselves (to a great end or otherwise) is viewed as cyberbullying. Even behind their backs (indirectly) is awful. If it were a member here, would that comment slide?

Last edited by Kioku,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps