Not open for further replies.

WerWolv

EdiZon and Tesla Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I stated it before and it's in the FAQ. SX OS caues unexpected behaviour with some homebrew applications. It might work, it might corrupt your save files. It's simply unpredictable. That's why we discourage the usage of SX OS for homebrew and don't provide any support for it.

GreyFoxRTX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is using the SX dongle to launch hekate and then booting into CFW the reason the switch crashes every time I try to load my BOTW save? I'm not launching the homebrew from SXOS.

Last edited by GreyFoxRTX,

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is using the SX dongle to launch hekate and then booting into CFW the reason the switch crashes every time I try to load my BOTW save? I'm not launching the homebrew from SXOS.
SZ1w5fO.jpg
can you please hide this image

LordIgnis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So is using the SX dongle to launch hekate .and then booting into CFW the reason the switch crashes every time I try to load my BOTW save? I'm not launching the homebrew from SXOS.
Not likely, I do the same thing when I am away from my computer and have never had any issues. Could be a corrupted save file, a mod that isnt supported, trying to use layeredfs to play a pirated game really anything could cause the game to crash when doing things like this. Best case is to retrace your steps though considering this was posted in the thread of a save file editor, my bet is on corrupted save file after using the editor for botw in EdiZon. (My advice in the case of a corrupted save file) Try loading a backup of the save from before any edits were done. If you don't have a backup save file then lol, ur screwed (i read someone knows how to make multiple save backups with EdiZon, but I do not know how myself if its possible) next time use Checkpoint instead for backups and then Edizon for editting.

Last edited by LordIgnis,

WerWolv

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Not likely, I do the same thing when I am away from my computer and have never had any issues. Could be a corrupted save file, a mod that isnt supported, trying to use layeredfs to play a pirated game really anything could cause the game to crash when doing things like this. Best case is to retrace your steps though considering this was posted in the thread of a save file editor, my bet is on corrupted save file after using the editor for botw in EdiZon. (My advice in the case of a corrupted save file) Try loading a backup of the save from before any edits were done. If you don't have a backup save file then lol, ur screwed (i read someone knows how to make multiple save backups with EdiZon, but I do not know how myself if its possible) next time use Checkpoint instead for backups and then Edizon for editting.

You can make as many backups as you want by pressing X in the editor and then use Y to select the one you want to restore from a list. The crash on the image mostly occures when using a JSON with a syntax error.

GreyFoxRTX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've never edited the save because edizon crashes before I can even select my save file.

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can make as many backups as you want by pressing X in the editor and then use Y to select the one you want to restore from a list. The crash on the image mostly occures when using a JSON with a syntax error.

You know a good feature would be implementing a way to delete save, especially for cases like above. I know of a couple of time where i wanted to do that

WerWolv

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
You know a good feature would be implementing a way to delete save, especially for cases like above. I know of a couple of time where i wanted to do that

If you mean backed up saves, you can already do that by pressing X in the restore list. If you want to delete the save data from a game directly, just go into the settings of your Switch. You'll find an option there

Reactions: Type_O_Dev

GreyFoxRTX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even launching the payload from my computer doesn't work. As soon as I select my profile after selecting Zelda, the Switch crashes.

GreyFoxRTX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I keep getting the error No editor JSON file found. Editing is disabled.

I definitely have the JSON file on the SD card for BOTW.

Reactions: Supreme23

rogerramjet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue with crashing using Hekate - CFW - Edizon. I could select BoTW and then as soon as I selected the user profile for the save the switch would crash. What fixed it for me was to update SDFiles from version 5.2 to 5.21

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

WerWolv

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
why dont you take a look at the source of botw save editor, he has bare code with a nice entry system

We want to run the switch keyboard applet instead of creating a new one ^^

I know the SX os thing but does that mean it doesn't work at all or can I use Hekate to edit and sx os to play later?

You can do exactly that. Just don't run homebrew on SX OS as it either won't work at all or partially works and then destroys your save file.

Reactions: Type_O_Dev
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny