Misc Cheats won't turn off with TOTK

Freeman93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hey guys, I'd really appreciate some help here.

I needed some arrows in the game, and when checking for a cheat in Edizon I saw there were new cheats added, but not what I wanted. I backed out of edizon when my console crashed. After blackscreening a long while and reinjecting a payload, I started the game only to see all cheats where enabled, while I didn't even check a single one.

So checking in Edizon and I saw everything was enabled.
So I disabled all the cheats, deleted the title folder in /atmosphere/contents, uninstalled edizon, deleted every edizon or breeze file from the SD but the cheats still all work... I then found a post where the mentioned to change the system_settings.ini and set the cheats enabled by default to "0", but that also did nothing. As mentioned in this thread I also did a clean install of atmosphere, with the system_settings.ini in the correct location and correct values but the cheats still won't go away. I reinstalled edizon/breeze and tried to disable the cheats there again, but still no luck...

now most cheats are off apparently, but I still have unlimited food items, when I consume one and reopen the inventory everything is back. I also tinkered and tried so much that I don't have an autosave anymore from before this happend. This is getting ridiculous and I really don't want to play like that, since it takes some of the fun out of it (I really just wanted a bunch of arrows, so I can survive the time until the next merchant) so if you know how to fix it ill appreciate it very much!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I needed some arrows in the game, and when checking for a cheat in Edizon I saw there were new cheats added, but not what I wanted. I backed out of edizon when my console crashed. After blackscreening a long while and reinjecting a payload, I started the game only to see all cheats where enabled, while I didn't even check a single one.

So I disabled all the cheats, deleted the title folder in /atmosphere/contents, uninstalled edizon, deleted every edizon or breeze file from the SD but the cheats still all work... I then found a post where the mentioned to change the system_settings.ini and set the cheats enabled by default to "0", but that also did nothing. As mentioned in this thread I also did a clean install of atmosphere, with the system_settings.ini in the correct location and correct values but the cheats still won't go away. I reinstalled edizon/breeze and tried to disable the cheats there again, but still no luck...

now most cheats are off apparently, but I still have unlimited food items, when I consume one and reopen the inventory everything is back. I also tinkered and tried so much that I don't have an autosave anymore from before this happend. This is getting ridiculous and I really don't want to play like that, since it takes some of the fun out of it (I really just wanted a bunch of arrows, so I can survive the time until the next merchant) so if you know how to fix it ill appreciate it very much!
Do you have the enable cheats by default setting enabled in atmosphere's config? It should be disabled if you use Edizon.
Edit: I see you already changed it. Nvm.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait. Tears of The Kindom cheats? A game that has a cheat at the top of the list that clearly says to enable this when you uncheck any of the cheats? Did you do that? If not, enable that one, then disable it again, and go back to the game to see if the cheat is off.

Last edited by urherenow,

Freeman93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Wait. Tears of The Kindom cheats? A game that has a cheat at the top of the list that clearly says to enable this when you uncheck any of the cheats? Did you do that? If not, enable that one, then disable it again, and go back to the game to see if the cheat is off.
Yes exactly, I tried this multiple times, but the cheats still active unfortunately. I think it has something to do with edizon crashing on me. I think this also did the trick with removing most of the cheats, but this one cheat is still active as mentioned above.

Edit: it might just be a bug with the code clean-up option in the top

Last edited by Freeman93,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

so you have checked both Edizion config and Breeze to make sure neither are enabling cheats by default, no idea why this option was ever forced in the first place because its a stupid idea to force cheats to be active before the game has even loaded up, or if you really insisted on a cheat to be auto enabled, you put it as {CHEAT NAME} rather than [CHEAT NAME].

but then again, could the code you used not done properly and set values too high, so the in game max what you'd see on screen is 999, but in memory editor thats 03E7, if its set higher than 03E7 then that item will have more than 999, but maybe the game cant display higher than 999 for that item.

so you'll likely have to keep using that item and if thats the case it will eventually start to reduce.

Freeman93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
so you have checked both Edizion config and Breeze to make sure neither are enabling cheats by default, no idea why this option was ever forced in the first place because its a stupid idea to force cheats to be active before the game has even loaded up, or if you really insisted on a cheat to be auto enabled, you put it as {CHEAT NAME} rather than [CHEAT NAME].

but then again, could the code you used not done properly and set values too high, so the in game max what you'd see on screen is 999, but in memory editor thats 03E7, if its set higher than 03E7 then that item will have more than 999, but maybe the game cant display higher than 999 for that item.

so you'll likely have to keep using that item and if thats the case it will eventually start to reduce.
Yes I've checked both and disabled the auto cheat enabling in the sys config of atmosphere.
Thats an interesting suggestion actually, maybe it will run out eventually. The food items are not stacked though/ have no number, you just use them once, so If the code forces it to not get used, it might be indefinite.

Edit: I've tried the Edizon overlay now and breeze beta, all cheats are shown as "off", tried restore code again, cheat is still working unfortunately, no idea...
Post automatically merged:

You were correct, thank you! The Items run out after a lot of uses, maybe its capped at 98 like the other cheats. If I cook new recipes it doesn't have the infinite use effect anymore as well.

Last edited by Freeman93,

samaBR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
not every release has the OFF code

DannyDarth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
change the dmnt cheat setting in system_settings.ini dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x0, the last number needs to be changed from a 1 to a 0 and then move the file to your atmosphere config folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi