Not open for further replies.

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
This is for documentation only. They will delete this on Team Cyclops' forums, since it breaks some of their fancy rules.

83Gi7.png

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
It's not allowed to mention the word "Edge" on Team Cyclops' forums.

Maybe you haven't read Mr Another World's brilliant posting entirely?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, let's be honest, TC forums is basically running on automatic now anyway. Until TC releases an update or makes some sort of official announcement regarding their carts, what do they really expect the community to do besides speculate, whine, complain and grasp at any tiny hope that we may still get some support?

The mods there do their best to keep the place civil, but even THEY are getting anxious to know ANYTHING about what TC is up to at the moment. Even if the tidbit of info in this thread turns out to be fud, it gives Cyclo fans something to hope for after spending so much money on a flashcart. That's why I posted it there. The iEVO and even the regular EVO still have potential to be very viable carts if they get the support back on track.

I've ranted occasionally on the lack of updates too, but I've come to the conclusion that it's not constructive to do that. It's better to whine a little than to rant and bitch. I think the greater percentage of EVO/iEVO owners actually like the carts, I know I love my EVO, but the lack of updates is disheartening. So if I spot a bit of positive info that might dissuade the anger a bit at TC forums, even if there isn't much proof behind the statement, I'm going to post it there in the hopes that TC might see that there are people out there who still care about their carts and possibly give them some incentive to continue supporting them.

How many times have we seen in the past where people ranted and complained and caused a project to end because of their anger pissing off the project leaders and they just said, "Screw this!"? The anger and bitching about TC gets us nowhere, and it might cause them to rage-quit. But if we show honest concern without all the anger, maybe they will be more likely to feel like they should continue support.

That's my hope anyway.

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
Rayder, you missunderstand something. This is not about your videogames.

This is about cash.

Cash Team Cyclops made with their cards (Evo, iEvo, Edge, iEdge).

Cash some resellers want - to get rid of their useless cards finally.

They all earn cash with your hopes. Millions.

iEdge is almost the same as iEvo, as you can see. They just deactivated almost every feature. They wanted you to buy the card another time, but not just for $20, but $50.

Team Cyclops worked several years on their "beta firmware", although it took them only five weeks to code that. They just stretched that to keep your hopes alive.

And to earn more cash.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i've heard a couple of rumors that cyclops is looking for a new programmer to update their kernel. the problem is that cyclops has stopped returning my e-mails and i can't confirm any rumors. it is possible that they are truly lacking someone talented enough to fix their problems, or it could be that they are trying to hold off on releasing the update to generate more internet publicity (as bad as that is).

the ievo works wonderful in ds-mode, with few problems. the dsi-mode side of it will always have some limitations due to the exploit which was used (no wifi). what we are lacking right now is a dsi/3ds ds-mode bootloader update, ds-mode compatibility layer updates when running in dsi-mode, homebrew compatibility updates (both modes), and some recent game fixes.

i think the community cares more about the bootloader update and game fixes than the fact that the dsi-mode and its features are inherently flawed. i wish more people complained about dsi-mode and homebrew compatibility updates than for other reasons.

i guess when it comes down to it, it is all a matter of who is doing the complaining and what they view as the problem. i personally will probably never use a flash kit in my 3ds. i will also probably never update my dsi past 1.4.1 (because on 1.4.2 you can no longer copy the sodokuhax to the NAND). to me those things are not as important as others, but its all a moot point when cyclops has disappeared from the scene.

there are rumors that the firmware update is scheduled for the end of september. i am going to update the ievo review at the start of october, or rather write an update now that i think i can publish because i am banking on the fact that no kernel update will be released and cyclops is actually done with the flash kit scene. anyways, at that point i will call them out for their faults. so they have until then to get their act together and fix the release problems of a 6 month old flash kit.

its appalling to me that i can't run simple things like scummvmds on a flash kit that should offer so much more and costs 2x-4x more than that of the competition. it really does make me laugh at times that my $6 r4 has a higher compatibility than my ievo.

-another world

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just holding out hope for an update until the TC site goes poof, then I'll believe they are gone for good.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Nathanaël said:
It's not allowed to mention the word "Edge" on Team Cyclops' forums.

Maybe you haven't read Mr Another World's brilliant posting entirely?
There is no "fancy" rules perhaps you should just read them ?

QUOTE said:
While we are prepared to allow constructive comparative discussions regarding competing products, we will not allow blatant advertising of competing products or discussions which do not in some way relate to Team Cyclops products. The purpose of these forums is to provide an arena for our customers to discuss Team Cyclops products and receive assistance as is needed. If you wish to discuss competing products there are many alternative forums where you may direct such discussions. What constitutes a violation of this rule is entirely up to our moderation team and decisions are final.

QUOTE(Another World @ Aug 17 2011, 10:23 PM)
i've heard a couple of rumors that cyclops is looking for a new programmer to update their kernel.

Another World it is not just a rumor the information was posted long ago in the staff forum by Evolution himself ( we've been pretty busy lately and this has meant I've been on the forums less and updates have been slower. The good news is, we're in the process of taking on another coder who will pick up the slack - however that wont be finalised for another few weeks... ) but there was no news since.

It was not related to the kernel specifically since the message came before the update problem...

I gave that information - shame on me - to calm down the crowd but it was long ago and I don't think we can speculate anything about TC now... Let's wait & see....

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
This picture circulated in the scene in early November. Almost ten months ago.

b4LQ5.jpg

You all knew that Team Cyclops dissapeared for months last year. You knew that they established a kingdom of lies and continue to do so.

You all knew how much cash they made in the past with their ridiculous overpriced cards. You all knew that Edge is a budget product made by Team Cyclops.

And after all these months, people still talk about Team Cyclops? Why? This cards don't work better than a $10 card. Actually, in general it works much worse than an Acekard or an R4 or even a DSTT.

Do you guys even play games on a Ninendo DS? You would have noticed it then. Or do you just talk about your $50-Elite-Card on internet forums to make this guys richer and richer and to get some firmware update every 8 months in return?

M3-Cheater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
What a shame it is to see one of the most promising flash kits we've seen to go down the pan. The DS-Xtreme, perhaps one of the most advanced carts hardware-wise has been completely let down by the team and their ignorance. We have seen just 1 or 2 decent updates to the cart around the time of its public release, but ever since the team have been quiet.

The team always stated that the cart was only ever officially designed for home brew use and all official updates made no mention of improved game compatibility even if these issues were addressed. Unfortunately for the team, the largest majority of their potential customer base are going to be interested in playing game backups. Regardless of this, the team haven't improved upon home brew support anyway. As of today the DS-Xtreme's game compatibility is quite poor, most games requiring a manual "hacking" of the internal ROM files to get them to work -- a simple fix which a few other flash carts had the same problem with until they were updated.

The teams support forum has also taken a turn for the worse, with members being banned left, right and centre for asking questions such as why there have been no updates. One of the updates the team released even ended up bricking some customers devices under certain conditions, leaving them inoperable. Even after this fiasco, the team didn't respond for over a week.

Do I go on? The DS-Xtreme cannot be recommended due to Team DS-X's lack of support. There are plenty of other flash kits out there that have accelerated past the DS-Xtreme in terms of support for both game backups and homebrew, with better GUIs and customer support (even from Chinese based teams - as opposed to Team DS-X being based in Europe).

It would be nice to see Team DS-X go out with some dignity by releasing the source code to the public, allowing for talented people out there to update the cart themselves, which would be a nice gift for all those who own a DS-Xtreme.

I end by saying, DO NOT even contemplate buying a DS-Xtreme, and please do not support any future products from Team DS-X.
Source: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=38174

@Nathanaël: Do you really think TC is rich now? I think they have to join the homeless under a bridge.

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
Good old times...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnT3obt1XTA[/youtube]

A Flashcard Engeneer. XML. RAW. R&D. And some stuff that doesn't work. Well... That was five years ago... History doesn't repeat, does it?

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm that the iEdge is no longer in production and has sold out at the distributor.

I will try to buy source code.

The same may also be true for iEvo unconfirmed

anton123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there's no more firmware updates, that would be pretty disappointing news, though not entirely surprising.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To me what is crazy is, retailers are still selling this flash card for $45 dollars! I feel sorry for chumps who buy the iEvolution card now. If you bought it in the past it's understandable why. I'm still waiting to see when I can get a $10 iEvolution. I think the time is coming sooner rather than later because some money is better than no money to retailers. Would you buy the iEvolution for $10 dollars, if you don't have it already? :unsure:

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
These cards are still going to be updated even after they release the 3Dge and EVO3 the firmware will be similar to the iEdge and iEvo.

I tried to buy source code but there happy to update cards for now.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
This is official, EDGE & iEDGE are totaly out of the market, the factory dont build it anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...