OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this isn't front page news, but i thought some of you edge users would want to know. team edge is phasing out the edge and they are only going to continue to make the iedge. as we all suspect, although we don't have proof, team edge is really team cyclops. this move to phase out the older card in favor of the newer is the exact same thing which has happened with the evo in favor of the ievo.

i was given this information from a wholesale distributer, one that stocks most of the web sites with flash kits. what they also told me was that the price of the edge is going to drop for 500 and 1,000 unit orders. so it is possible that the remaining stock will sell for cheap when it hits shops.

there was no mention about support. cyclops told me that they would continue to support the evo just as they would the ievo. their actual support is a topic of a much longer debate, lol. Anyways, i have no idea of "team edge" will continue to support the edge or just the iedge. they are basically the same thing so its highly possible both will be supported.

now you all know what i know =)

-another world

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dang, I was hoping for some iEVO info/news/update

edit:
I thought the edge was phased out a long time ago..guess I was wrong

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Team EDGE stopped the production of EDGE DS cards on 19th September 2009

The iEdge production started on 1st October 2010 and the first batch ready on 9 January 2010.

Team Edge supports updates for Edge card and will continue to do so until people stop buying the iEdge.

The Wholesalers are reducing the cards to clear.

Distributors can pick the cards up as low as $2.80 including shipping for orders of 1000.

New retail price should be around $6 from china sites. £8/€10/$10 for rest of the world.

The build quality of the Edge is very high these cards last forever.

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
$ 2.80... Good to know...

rMuyr.jpg

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's sad, I loved the EDGE by the time it was supported, especially the build quality (it has gotten worse and worse with IEDGE and IEvo).

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Cartmanuk said:
The build quality of the Edge is very high these cards last forever.
THIS. Regardless if this is just a bastard child from fathers who won't own them, they last forever. so even though they stop making them, i hope they still trickle in the support updates. i wanna be able to play my EDGE and DSphat sometime around 2020, when i got kids, if and when we get past 2012.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I've done lotsa reviews and own lotsa flashkits from that

I myself preffer the higher end cards (ievolution/sc dx2), but the EDGE/iEDGE always had a good spot on my list from all other cards
Loved the simplicity of the menu and the very good compatibility, my kids find it the most easy to use card and preffer it still over any other card.

I know for sure EDGE = Team CYCLOPS, cause when the send me a review sample of the replacement Evolution sample, the also sended me a EDGE sample to review.
(The also make PS2 modchips
smile.gif
, cause 1 time the sended me by accident a few PS2 modchips instead of a DS flashkit)

It's a pitty the phase out the EDGE, but i can understand, the iEDGE works as flawless as the EDGE
smile.gif

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
DjoeN said:
I know for sure EDGE = Team CYCLOPS, cause when they send me a review sample of the replacement Evolution sample, they also sent me a EDGE sample to review.
(The also make PS2 mod chips
smile.gif
, cause 1 time they sent me by accident a few PS2 mod chips instead of a DS flash kit)

This is not true. The samples are sent by CD the distribution company not Team Edge.

Team Edge don't make PS2 Chips but they could.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about EDGE be phased-out for the EDGE users, that's gotta suck for anyone with that cart, unless some of the homebrew FW makers can support it.

But it's somewhat relieving to hear that there are plans to continue supporting the EVO/iEVO. That's something a lot of people at TC forums have been wondering about since EVO/iEVO's last update was in April and there's been no word from TC since that time.

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
Sorry to hear about EDGE be phased-out for the EDGE users, that's gotta suck for anyone with that cart, unless some of the homebrew FW makers can support it.

But it's somewhat relieving to hear that there are plans to continue supporting the EVO/iEVO. That's something a lot of people at TC forums have been wondering about since EVO/iEVO's last update was in April and there's been no word from TC since that time.

The EDGE card will still be supported.

EVO/iEVO. Firmware update is being worked on and should be out around end of September.

v5 of the iEDGE Bootstrap & Firmware 2.4 update is being worked on and should be out around end of September with various game compatibility fixes.

The Release of these updates will depend on future DSi updates.

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
Cartmanuk said:
Team Edge don't make PS2 Chips but they could.

It'd be nicer if they'd take more care of their existing products, you know.

Make a back-to-firmware file for Moonshell, for example. Please. Can't be that difficult.

AP Hacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cartmanuk said:
EVO/iEVO. Firmware update is being worked on and should be out around end of September.

v5 of the iEDGE Bootstrap & Firmware 2.4 update is being worked on and should be out around end of September with various game compatibility fixes.

You sound quite sure of yourself.. How do you know this?

Offtopic, why so damn long? That better be some amazing update.. But I've long retired my CycloDS and my DS Lite, so this "drought", so to speak, doesn't effect me anymore.

However, I do hope support becomes a little more.. reliable for those who do still use their carts.

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
AP Hacker said:
However, I do hope support becomes a little more.. reliable for those who do still use their carts.

Actually they are trying to tell us that we should sell 100'000 new cards for them to continue support.

Well, we don't do that.

Better stop support entirely of Edge and Cyclops. They are no goods cards anymore.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Nathanaël said:
AP Hacker said:

Actually they are trying to tell us that we should sell 100'000 new cards for them to continue support.

Well, we don't do that.

Better stop support entirely of Edge and Cyclops. They are no goods cards anymore.
All my cards are still working perfectly with my old DSlite so far from the expensive Acekard RPG ( Yeah thanks Yellow Goblin for the support... ) to the budget Edge card I've got for a decent price and of course my old 2007 Cevos are still running fine too.

I am sure lot of people are still using them ;-)

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
GH0ST said:
All my cards are still working perfectly with my old DSlite

Yeah. You're outdated.

After DS lite, DSi came. Then DSi XL. Then 3DS.

Neither iEdge nor iEvo run on any of these systems. And for your DS lite you could use any card for $2. As you know.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Nathanaël said:
Yeah. You're outdated.

After DS lite, DSi came. Then DSi XL. Then 3DS.
My 3DS dies and I am not outdated I just like the good old things you know old school games and so ;-)

AP Hacker said:
QUOTE(Cartmanuk @ Aug 15 2011, 01:08 PM) EVO/iEVO. Firmware update is being worked on and should be out around end of September.

You sound quite sure of yourself.. How do you know this?
+1 ...

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a good working relationship with this team.

Any questions directed at Edge will receive this standard message.

QUOTE said:
The R&D team have been informed concerning the new DSi firmware 1.4.3 , They are working on it and a release should be available in our download section soon. Please visit our web page for more information.

Thank you for your support and patience.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you are saying a lot without any proof to back it up. quoting an e-mail you received is hardly proof that you have obtained "insider" information. i'm not trying to be the jerk here, but its one thing to say it and another to be able to back it up with proof.

-another world

dayjay

Trophies
XP
Country
I can wait. To be honest, how many of us actually go on to the dsiware shop that often?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly