Gaming Ebay Vita

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mine is in collection but the destination country is Australia... This doesn't seem right...

EDIT: It actually says Destination_Country = AU, so it could be Austria, Australia... I'm not sure...

w0dash

noob
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
AU should be Australia.

Maybe its just coincidence, but Count Duckulas tracking number also says Australia, and he lives in Australia (atleast that is what is shown in his profile).

D

Deleted User

I've got a US PSVita and the charger/console works in the PAL region just by changing the cord for the charger (costs under $1 for those and you'll probably have a ton of them somewhere around your home if you happen to have any basic electronics (same kind of cable as the PS3 has for example)). Using the EU PSN works just like a PAL PSVita. As the PSVita is region free, you'll receive updates just like any other Sony console. In other words firmware updates don't have region specific versions AFAIK.

So you don't need the official charging cord for it? Or does it charge through a standard USB cable?

If this does turn out to be true and it arrives at my place ill make a video of me opening it.

AudibleAdvent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If any of you seriously fell for this obvious scam, I feel bad for you.

This happened to me a while back. They'll send you an empty box and post the tracking number to paypal so you can't open up a dispute. If you do end up winning the dispute, you won't get your money back since you'll waste it on paying $30 in shipping fees to ship it back to China.

Scratching my head.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So you don't need the official charging cord for it? Or does it charge through a standard USB cable?

You can charge it via USB on a computer. Depending on what you're doing with it, it may not charge the battery, but it will let you play on it. The official charger (highly recommended in this case!) uses a standard cable (like this, but with a US end) from the charging unit to the socket. The PSVita is connected via the USB cable to the charger.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States

This happened to me a while back. They'll send you an empty box and post the tracking number to paypal so you can't open up a dispute. If you do end up winning the dispute, you won't get your money back since you'll waste it on paying $30 in shipping fees to ship it back to China.

Scratching my head.
Same happened to me. I bought a DSi ($19). The guy posted a tracking number, and shipped it out. When it came in the mail, it was a small package with popcorn stuffing only. I took photos of it, opened a dispute, sent the photos to eBay, and 2wks later, it got my 19$ back. Didn't have to pay for shipping back.

D

Deleted User

Scratching my head.

Even if it were a scam I wouldn't feel bad.
People spend more to go and watch a movie.
It definitely won't break my bank account.
I just did it because there was some hope that it could be a vita.
If not I get my money back from ebay.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Even if it were a scam I wouldn't feel bad.
People spend more to go and watch a movie.
It definitely won't break my bank account.
I just did it because there was some hope that it could be a vita.
If not I get my money back from ebay.
Everyone has a opinion but I prefer to report scammers instead of throwing money at them.haha

Reactions: bowser

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hey guys,

Update you should be interested in..

I opened a dispute through eBay (not paypal like you guys) as soon as the listing was removed. That was 3 days ago. The seller replied today escalating it to eBay. Within 10 minutes, I was refunded.

So.. Yeah..

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone as a opinion but I prefer to report scammers instead of throwing money at them.haha
this

all you did was let the scammer get away with it and take your money, even if ebay does take the hit
did anyone really think they were getting a brand new vita bundle for $15?

these types of scams show up every single day on ebay (as you can see from links posted here of the same item but from different sellers) and people here should know better
they just raise their rep by selling fake cheap knock off clothes from china then they put these listing up to fool people into thinking they are legit, sell a few hundred of them and transfer the money to a different paypal account and walk away with your money

D

Deleted User

this

all you did was let the scammer get away with it and take your money, even if ebay does take the hit
did anyone really think they were getting a brand new vita bundle for $15?

these types of scams show up every single day on ebay (as you can see from links posted here of the same item but from different sellers) and people here should know better
they just raise their rep by selling fake cheap knock off clothes from china then they put these listing up to fool people into thinking they are legit, sell a few hundred of them and transfer the money to a different paypal account and walk away with your money
I guess I just don't care as much

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mine is in collection but the destination country is Australia... This doesn't seem right...

EDIT: It actually says Destination_Country = AU, so it could be Austria, Australia... I'm not sure...

Now it changed, it says the correct destination, BR :D

Now I have hope! :P

harumi23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone checked their tracking yet? Mine still says "departure from outward office of exchange". Hope i dont get an empty box.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone checked their tracking yet? Mine still says "departure from outward office of exchange". Hope i dont get an empty box.

RA634055628CN 2013 Departure from outward office of exchange 51003100 US 20130129 1217

RA634055322CN 2013 Departure from outward office of exchange 51003100 US 20130129 1217
Last I checked it was in "Collection"

Also, I got these tracking numbers without submitting a claim.

Reactions: 431unknown

robman62

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two things, one what if we are the group that actually gets the Vitas so the scam can get web notoriety and seem more legit. Secondly I had a dream last night that a bunch of us actually got vitas and one person was complaining about getting just a vita with no charger.

D

Deleted User

Two things, one what if we are the group that actually gets the Vitas so the scam can get web notoriety and seem more legit. Secondly I had a dream last night that a bunch of us actually got vitas and one person was complaining about getting just a vita with no charger.
I think the person complaining about the charger was me lol.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?
    @SylverReZ forgor to tag lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Maybe ask the EZ-Flash team.
    maybe tomorrow lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond. They have a GBAtemp account here, you know.
    oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post
    tbh
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Would've been a great idea, because they'll notice.
    +1
    im not a very bright individual, but we live and we learn
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, We do learn a lot from plenty of talented individuals.
    this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to be doing fine.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Well, from what I've heard from my parents, he had a seizure last night, perhaps an epileptic episode, fucking died, had a near death experience, my dad called the paramedics, they showed up, took him to the hospital, and he woke up covered in tubes, and started complaining.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    He couldn't eat until after his MRI, when he had a bomb pop.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What matters now is that he's doing alright.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But you still don't know what it was?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Has he had seizures before?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    apparently stress can cause seizures, my brother had one during a test once
    never had one before that, and never had one since
  • Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123:
    Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?
    @Veho for those that want to
    experience being sonic the hedgehog
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Veho for those that want to experience being sonic the hedgehog