Gaming Ebay Vita

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I happened to come across this (which if its advertising, I apoligize and just delete this please)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150985284862?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619
Look at dat price...
I honestly dont know if this is real or not, but I ended up paying for one.
I mean, Im protected by Ebay Buyer Protection of this is fake, and Paypal Protection. What could actually go wrong?
And look at the sellers feedback. Its near perfect, with similar low sales.
Thought Id share it for those who may wanna snag one.
And I guess ill report back in awhile to confirm if this was actually real or not...

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wager there's supposed to be another 0 there, and the sales aren't going to be honored, that said, I bought one.

Reactions: chavosaur

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
WOw, umm, I can see why you're skeptical.
I haven't bought anything from eBay in AGES but Free shipping from China and only $15 sounds sketchy to me.

On the positive side, the seller might be desperate for cash or have been given an extra one as a gift so the price might be right (it could also be originally stolen so the seller has no original cost he's trying to compensate for, who knows)

If you're gonna lean on the buyer protection and there's really nothing to loose, I'd say go for it, though.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I bought it, it is kind of a gamble really. Please, let me know of how things go as shipping to Brazil can take really long

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its real, they're stolen. Only thing I can say about that. Maybe some angry FoxConn employee put that up. having said that, I'll place a $16 gamble. i've thrown away more money before.

Also, his feedback rating is legitimately high, I don't know what to make of this, but a good deal is a good deal if it is indeed legit.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOw, umm, I can see why you're skeptical.
I haven't bought anything from eBay in AGES but Free shipping from China and only $15 sounds sketchy to me.

On the positive side, the seller might be desperate for cash or have been given an extra one as a gift so the price might be right (it could also be originally stolen so the seller has no original cost he's trying to compensate for, who knows)

If you're gonna lean on the buyer protection and there's really nothing to loose, I'd say go for it, though.

He's selling 167 of them. As of this post 10 remain. If anyone is even curious as I was, and a few others in this thread, I'd say act now. Obviously there are no guarantees here, but really what have you got to lose besides 16 dollars max if you're not protected.

Edit: scratch that, the number sold has moved up to 159, but still says only 10 remain... don't know what to make of that either.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Almost definitely a scam. If you check his feedback, none of it is for any of the too-good-to-be-true cheap items like the Vita, it's all cheap things. Hell, a few pages in, it reveals he'd been selling digital wallpapers for a few cents each. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a circle of fake accounts all buying and selling from each other just to leave positive feedback.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The remaining number has just kind of stayed there, and fluctuates every couple mins. I assume there is a large stock of them.
My biggest worry, is that theyre just packing some clone in here, like this thing: http://www.gizchina.com/2012/11/21/upgraded-5-inch-idroid-ps-vita-clone/

Heck, even if it is a clone, $16 is still a good deal. But the fact that its a package that comes with Black Ops and the memory card really make it hard for me to believe that its a clone. Could be indeed, but if thats what I end up receiving in the mail, I'm not going to complain.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost definitely a scam. If you check his feedback, none of it is for any of the too-good-to-be-true cheap items like the Vita, it's all cheap things. Hell, a few pages in, it reveals he'd been selling digital wallpapers for a few cents each. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a circle of fake accounts all buying and selling from each other just to leave positive feedback.

Well then he's an idiot, cuz eBay will just deactivate his account, and money will be sent back through paypal accounts. Scamming through eBay like this is a very foolish thing to try. My money is on they're stolen, but I'm just gonna plead ignorant if that ends up being the case.

D

Deleted User

If its real, they're stolen. Only thing I can say about that. Maybe some angry FoxConn employee put that up. having said that, I'll place a $16 gamble. i've thrown away more money before.

Also, his feedback rating is legitimately high, I don't know what to make of this, but a good deal is a good deal if it is indeed legit.

Does something happen if they are stolen? Can sony tell? Or do you just feel dirty that you bought a stolen item?
Anyways I also bought one because it looks like this guy is somewhat legit.
If it's not legit then i'll use ebay buyer protection like everybody else.

He sold a 3TB seagate HD for 15.99 and got a review back saying it was received.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh man. I thought it was a Vita console. Clicked on link and saw the price and went OMGWTFBBQ. Then saw the pic and calmed down a lil LOL XD

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing is, he could be liking his own stuff with other dupe accounts.
What if it real and they are stolen. Wouldn't they track it down?

Wouldn't we have heard of stolen vitas?

Reactions: Nxenz

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man. I thought it was a Vita console. Clicked on link and saw the price and went OMGWTFBBQ. Then saw the pic and calmed down a lil LOL XD

It is a Vita console + Call of Duty + a 4GB Memory card. (clearly one of those package deals), your initial reaction is warranted. Assuming its legit that is.

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
He's selling 167 of them. As of this post 10 remain. If anyone is even curious as I was, and a few others in this thread, I'd say act now. Obviously there are no guarantees here, but really what have you got to lose besides 16 dollars max if you're not protected.

Edit: scratch that, the number sold has moved up to 159, but still says only 10 remain... don't know what to make of that either.

I agree, + I want to try out this Paypal pay after delivery. It would be nice to see a Vita at my doorstep :) Well even if its scam I could probably get my money back no problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night