Gaming Ebay Vita

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@chavosaur You're either gonna be loved if this turn out to be true or hated for the rest of your life. Keep in mind that the second alternative is the more probable one :P

Reactions: Sicklyboy

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@chavosaur You're either gonna be loved if this turn out to be true or hated for the rest of your life. Keep in mind that the second alternative is the more probable one :P

haha I wont even hate him if its fake. I would hope any one of us would report on something like this if we came across it, and obviously we all have doubt. But that doubt wasn't enough to keep me back from giving it a shot.

Reactions: chavosaur

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've thought of 4 situations where this could be real, many not realistic, but nonetheless possible.

1. They were straight up stolen, perhaps a freight truck full of them was hijacked, and those that jacked it wanted to sell the shipment back quickly for profit, what better way to ensure you sell your entire load then to sell it all ridiculously cheap. As it stands at this point they'll make 3200 quick dollars minus shipping and counting.

2. A robin hood situation, where someone is out to stick it Sony and/or FoxxCon (possibly an employee), which again is a stolen situation, where they're taking from the rich/assholes that overwork them for terrible wages and give (practically give, if you think about it we're really just paying for shipping) to the poor.

3. A very bizarre Sony promotion that they'd never admit to. One in which they notice how horribly the Vita is selling and in a way to increase the consumer base and spread word of the handheld they're practically giving the thing away. Heck, I know I never would have bought a Vita even if they were being sold at the same price as the 3DS, and if this is legit I'll certainly tell my friends about the Vita, probably tell them what games I really enjoy and whatnot. It really could be a very random boost in the consumer base for the Vita. Sure it comes at a high cost, but it could work. If nothing more its an experiment. And regardless if it works or not if it were the case, Sony would never admit it.

4. Finally, an eccentric billionaire who loves video games just wants to spread his happiness to those willing to shell out a few bucks. (He'd obviously be taking a loss, but to him its nothing.)

Who knows, of course it could be a load of bull, but it can't hurt to find out. And maybe somehow I missed another possible situation I didn't think of that could also be legit that could account for all of this. Regardless, I'm excited and curious. Even if I end up disappointed, its fun to feel what I feel right now.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scam. There was a similar 'sale' going on a couple days ago for $20, with similar circumstances. I believe the account was closed and hopefully the buyers were refunded (500+ last I looked at it), but now I can't seem to find it or the CheapAssGamer threads about it in my history.

In addition, eBay Buyer Protection is 45 days from date of purchase. They claim shipping can take as long as 35 business days, which would be seven weeks or up to 42 days, plus handling time; it'd be near impossible to open a case within the proper timeframe as they could simply claim shipping delays. All they have to do is create a valid shipping number, which would cost a lot less than $16. If it's clearly a scam after hundreds of cases are opened you'll likely get a refund, but it's not 100% certain and you're an idiot for relying on it.

Also, these are coming from China, a region these likely aren't sold in, so it'd be pretty hard to get a truckload of stolen consoles from there.

Reactions: Costello

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
He's sold a lot of good stuff on the cheap. (3TB HDD for $15) Sadly, I think it's a clone. Ether way, you'll end up getting something for cheap. It's a good deal regardless. Gonna go buy one right now.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember years ago a similar thing happened with GBA SPs when they were new for 25 dollars each. And I was too young to have an ebay account, but my friend had one, bought one and it turned out to be legit. I was so jealous when he was showing his off to all our friends and whatnot.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
ebay-is-cheaper-for-a-reason.jpg

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scam. There was a similar 'sale' going on a couple days ago for $20, with similar circumstances. I believe the account was closed and hopefully the buyers were refunded (500+ last I looked at it), but now I can't seem to find it or the CheapAssGamer threads about it in my history.

In addition, eBay Buyer Protection is 45 days from date of purchase. They claim shipping can take as long as 35 business days, which would be seven weeks or up to 42 days, plus handling time; it'd be near impossible to open a case within the proper timeframe as they could simply claim shipping delays. All they have to do is create a valid shipping number, which would cost a lot less than $16. If it's clearly a scam after hundreds of cases are opened you'll likely get a refund, but it's not 100% certain and you're an idiot for relying on it.

Also, these are coming from China, a region these likely aren't sold in, so it'd be pretty hard to get a truckload of stolen consoles from there.

I'm not relying on it at all. Worst case scenario, I'm out 16 dollars. Big fucking deal. Craziest scenario, its actually legit, I'd feel like an idiot to pass up the chance, even if it is indeed a load of bull. No one here believes 100% at all that this is real, we're all taking a gamble and we know it. but 16 dollars is seriously nothing, as I said before, I've thrown away more money before.

Thing is, look at some of the stuff he has sold and got feedback for, some of it is ridiculously cheap including a $20 car dvd player, and $15 3TB external hard drive. both received positive feedback by people who were clearly real. I don't know the guy's deal, but I'm inclined to think he's real. With 99.4% positive feedback, its interesting he'd risk sooo much negative feedback suddenly. Again though, if its fake, oh well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy