Gaming Easy way to unbrick PSP?

macgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine bricked their PSP and I was wondering if anyone knew of any easy/cheap ways to unbrick it.

thanks in advance.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
joe_gamer said:
Or you could get someone locally to do it for you.
Just don't let yourself get ripped off
lecture.gif

A pandora's battery is clearly the better investion...

macgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I found a place to buy a Pandora's Battery, but I can't quite figure out the memory stick. I have a Mac, will I be able to make the "magic memory stick" on a Mac? Is there someplace I can just download the files and dump them onto the MS?

There's no MS only way of doing this, right?

macgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He has a Mac too and isn't exactly the most computer savvy person in the world. Though I could use his if it were a PC. Good thought.

I can probably track down a PC, but it would be a hassle.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, one thing about hacking PSPs is, YOU NEED A HACKED PSP TO HACK ANOTHER PSP.
macgamer's solution is the only way for a non-hackee to hack a PSP, as the battery is all that's necessary to jigkick what's on the memory stick. And YES you can use a Mac, so long as the memory stick is properly partitioned to be run by Pandora. That requires a PC obviously.

mikagami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That unbricker won't work without a Pandora's Battery. Also, I don't think it's legal to post those files.

macgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MystikEkoez said:
Okay, one thing about hacking PSPs is, YOU NEED A HACKED PSP TO HACK ANOTHER PSP.
macgamer's solution is the only way for a non-hackee to hack a PSP, as the battery is all that's necessary to jigkick what's on the memory stick. And YES you can use a Mac, so long as the memory stick is properly partitioned to be run by Pandora. That requires a PC obviously.

So do I need a second PSP? I don't think he has any need for hacked firmware.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikagami said:
That unbricker won't work without a Pandora's Battery. Also, I don't think it's legal to post those files.
No, hacking PSP files are perfectly legal. They do not contain any copyright code in any way. You think Dark_Alex wouldn't think of that?

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
macgamer said:
MystikEkoez said:

So do I need a second PSP? I don't think he has any need for hacked firmware.
Actually, no, I was wrong.
You DO need a second hacked PSP unless the memory stick has been created already using another hacked PSP. There is a homebrew App that turns the battery into a Jigkick battery (Pandora) and another homebrew App which generates the correct files using the files you uploaded onto another memory stick. So unless you buy both the Battery and memory stick online, you're out of luck.

Think about it in the sense of purchasing games. A Battery and Memory stick are

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
macgamer said:
Cool, anyone have a good place to buy the memory stick?
What website better than eBay? Well, eBay is most likely the ONLY site, and they're all created by users, thus massive expensive batteries+memory sticks for something it's not really worth. Find someone in your local area with a hacked PSP and do it yourself is my suggestion.

macgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually don't really know anyone in the area with a PSP. Perhaps I'll try to track down a PC.

-Jon (the aforementioned friend)

EDIT: Better yet, would anyone be so kind as to make me a memory stick? It would be greatly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.