Easiest way to mod a game on the Wii U itself?

GuyWithAWiiUQuestion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm attempting to mod Wind Waker HD. I edited a texture and repacked it using Switch Tools, and now I just need a way to replace the pack file on my actual Wii U. The game is installed on an external hard drive. I have the otp.bin and seeprom.bin files from my Wii U, which I've used with DumpsterU, if that helps. It'd be great if I could just plug in my hard drive to my computer and overwrite the file that way, if there's some software that could allow me to do that, but if I have to use something like FTP, I don't know the current best way to go about that.

Edit: I ended up using FTPiiU Everywhere and FileZilla, but if there was an easier way to do it, go ahead and post it.

Last edited by GuyWithAWiiUQuestion,

GuyWithAWiiUQuestion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried Aroma. I don't have Tiramisu permanently installed, either; I just pop in my SD card with some homebrew and run the exploit when I need it, like for modding games with FTPiiU Everywhere.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then use sdcafiine as it will patch on the fly from sd card without the need to perma write mods to a title. This can be dangerous as people like to throw a lot or a big mod in and it may not work at all on console due to one incompatible or broken mod within so sdcafiine os your safest and easiest option.

Reactions: Ettino

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto