Hacking dvd vs hdd

bob_742

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi i was playing a backup on neogamma v7 and it was loading a little slow so what i wanted to know is would it load faster if i ran it off a hdd

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
USB Loading is massively superior. If you already have a decent-sized USB hard drive, I recommend you make the switch. No need to burn discs, no need to swap discs. Games loaded from USB run faster (up to four times the speed of disc loaders and even faster than retail discs). When playing Metroid Prime 3 from the hard drive, every door opens almost immediately with no downtime. USB loaders typically offer more options for game loading and fixing, and a cleaner interface.

bob_742

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks guy, and i do 320gigs
smile.gif

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have to go with HDD but I do like DVD's too! Here is my pros & cons

DVD Pros:
With cIOSCORP Metroid Prime NPC,Metroid Prime 2 Dark Echoes NPC,Metroid Prime Trilogy can be played without alt dol files! and you get to chose the difficulty!

DVD Cons:
It's sometimes slow,videos can be clip at times, discs can be scratched when not taken care of properly but I don't have a problem with that. Burning games over and over and sometimes it can be a hassle to buy blank discs.

HDD Pros:
Incredibly fast loading times,Videos are perfect,More Space than an actual disc so you can put as many games you want in the HDD until it's full & USB Loaders can create Channels for games to load them without an USB Loading Application but you can use a USB Loader Applications!

HDD Cons:
Metroid Prime NPC,Metroid Prime 2 Dark Echoes NPC,Metroid Prime Trilogy you can't chose the difficulty it's always on Veteran Difficulty.

but I favor more of HDD than DVD but I do play Metroid Prime NPC,Metroid Prime 2 Dark Echoes NPC,Metroid Prime Trilogy on disc the only way I play Metroid Games on HDD is that I have to play them on veteran mode!

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrapperKeeperX said:
HDD Cons:
Metroid Prime NPC,Metroid Prime 2 Dark Echoes NPC,Metroid Prime Trilogy you can't chose the difficulty it's always on Veteran Difficulty.

if you get the games individually they work and you get to pick the difficulty
smile.gif
so you can take that off the cons
wink.gif

Dispel

Trophies
XP
Country
about metroid - what do you mean individually ? as far as I know in EU and NA Wii versions of MP1 & 2 are only availabale as part of MPTrilogy, which needs alt-dol, which screws with the trilogy menu

NPC - new play control ? MP1 & 2 for that (individually) only came out in Japan afaik, I have no idea where to get japanese Wii retails, and it probably is full of kanji
smile.gif

anyway, I prefer HDD, but for MPTrilogy I use a disc backup, yeah (to be completely honest, I love Metroid so much that I bought the trilogy, put it on a shelf, never opening and dl'ed trilogy ISO via torrent
wink.gif
.. just this one time) .. and hoping it'll become available on USB soon w/o alt-dol .. for MP3, which is available separate - i use HDD ofc

Dispel

Trophies
XP
Country
eh, never seen em on sale &

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid_prime
QUOTE said:
In 2009, an enhanced version was released for Wii as a standalone game in Japan and as part of Metroid Prime: Trilogy internationally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid_Prime_2:_Echoes
QUOTE said:
In 2009, an enhanced version was released for Wii as a standalone game in Japan and as part of Metroid Prime: Trilogy internationally.

& the release dates

MP1:
QUOTE said:
Release date(s)
Wii
JP February 19, 2009
NA August 24, 2009
EU September 4, 2009
AUS October 15, 2009

MP2:QUOTE
Release date(s)
Wii
JP June 11, 2009
NA August 24, 2009
EU September 4, 2009
AUS October 15, 2009

in EU/NA/AUS they're the same - that's MPT date .. in Japan - those're NPC separate dates

if you mean by themselves in the future ..
1) link ?
2) I can't wait that long
wink.gif

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Think about the enviorment! Piracy save tons of Co2 and by using a HDD, its no need to make DVDs! Also its cheaper for you if the game, yeah.. just suck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission