Emulation Dumping Skeletal Meshes from Emulator Memory?

JohnSpoop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hello! I would like to ask, mainly data miners here, if it's possible to hook a program onto an emulator and dump the skeletal mesh(es) currently being stored in the memory. I'm working with the game League of Legends: Wild Rift. It is currently very hard to obtain the models in a normal fashion due to the files being heavily obfuscated. So my question stands if I can hook some program onto an emulator (like Nox, or Bluestacks for example) and dump the unencrypted rigged models with the relative textures into a format at least Noesis could open. I do know it is possible, but so far my research has gone to a dead end, so I am turning my face to this forum.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"data mining" is not a particularly useful term here, even if you were to use the silly game news site meaning of the term. ROM hackers are probably where you want to go.

Files are obfuscated? This is rare to see in console games compared to PC games. Do you have any further info on this?

Skeletal meshes require the thing to be done in meshes -- some things might be done in bones but the principle still stands.

Anyway yeah people dump textures and models from emulators often enough. Usually either for fan games, texture replacement or model posing there rather than using them for further hacks.
There are two approaches.
1) Some emulators will convert to opengl. You can then use various graphics rippers aimed at PC games to grab things.
2) As you suspect the emulators will keep things in fairly plain text for their internal uses, which themselves will be similar to the internal hardware. Find then where the models are stored in the emulated device's memory and you can rip things from it.

JohnSpoop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
"data mining" is not a particularly useful term here, even if you were to use the silly game news site meaning of the term. ROM hackers are probably where you want to go.

Files are obfuscated? This is rare to see in console games compared to PC games. Do you have any further info on this?

Skeletal meshes require the thing to be done in meshes -- some things might be done in bones but the principle still stands.

Anyway yeah people dump textures and models from emulators often enough. Usually either for fan games, texture replacement or model posing there rather than using them for further hacks.
There are two approaches.
1) Some emulators will convert to opengl. You can then use various graphics rippers aimed at PC games to grab things.
2) As you suspect the emulators will keep things in fairly plain text for their internal uses, which themselves will be similar to the internal hardware. Find then where the models are stored in the emulated device's memory and you can rip things from it.
Riot has obfuscated the game files in order to protect from NSFW stuff, from what I've researched, the headers are encrypted, it uses a normal AES encryption and 3 other encryptions layered on top of each other, it's easier to dump the models from memory rather than figuring out this mess that patches each update, plus for a mobile game, this is impressive.

One person managed to do it and gave us a dump earlier but quit later on, from what I've researched, it's two methods, using OpenGL and dumping the models from memory with bones and shape keys with a custom script or API Calls (which I have no idea how to operate with both of 'em).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock