ROM Hack Dumping Shadows of Valentia NTSC-U to CIA yields..... Japanese language?

AtomSmasherMazionga

GBATemp Resident Atom Smasher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Tempers, I tried dumping my NTSC-U Shadows of Valentia to a cia, which worked great, even installed with out any problems. however, when i tried to actually play the game.... it's in Japanese. anyone else have this happen? I had previously been running the Japanese version with SciresM's English menu patch.... so why is my Legitimate copy of the eglish version in Japanese? Running it from the game cart is still in English, but running it from the CIA I dumped from the ENGLISH cart is ALWAYS in Japanese. any advise or thoughts on this?

AtomSmasherMazionga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the western release only English French and Spanish are selectable. no Japanese option. but I dumped the western release, So i don't understand why it's in Japanese.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
in the western release only English French and Spanish are selectable. no Japanese option. but I dumped the western release, So i don't understand why it's in Japanese.
I know, but check the settings to be 100% sure that you are running the usa version

AtomSmasherMazionga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running the western release from a PHYSICAL CART. how much clearer you want me to get? I dumped the PHYSICAL CART to a CIA. I installed the CIA. it is in Japanese after I install it.

Reactions: Zidapi

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running the western release from a PHYSICAL CART. how much clearer you want me to get? I dumped the PHYSICAL CART to a CIA. I installed the CIA. it is in Japanese after I install it.
No need to get hostile for people trying to help. Some people wanna know everything to try and help/ figure out the issue.

As for my suggestion. Do you use luma locale emulator. If so it could be telling the game the system is japanese. Some games use the system locale yo choose language even though through normal means a re not region free

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Tempers, I tried dumping my NTSC-U Shadows of Valentia to a cia, which worked great, even installed with out any problems. however, when i tried to actually play the game.... it's in Japanese. anyone else have this happen? I had previously been running the Japanese version with SciresM's English menu patch.... so why is my Legitimate copy of the eglish version in Japanese? Running it from the game cart is still in English, but running it from the CIA I dumped from the ENGLISH cart is ALWAYS in Japanese. any advise or thoughts on this?

Hmm I know people have already said try Luma Locale Emulator but check that if that isn't the problem I say check extract the files and see

AtomSmasherMazionga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to get hostile for people trying to help. Some people wanna know everything to try and help/ figure out the issue.

As for my suggestion. Do you use luma locale emulator. If so it could be telling the game the system is japanese. Some games use the system locale yo choose language even though through normal means a re not region free
pretty sure I'm not. will have to check. I deleted the English patch from the Saltysd folder, and I'm redumping/ installing now, So I'll see if this fixes it or if it's something to do with Luma. it just seems pretty strange to me that an english version of the game somehow magically transformed into a japanese version, ya know? My 3DS doesn't like carts. at all. it's a miracle if It'll read a game cart for 10 minutes, much less an hour. sometimes it won't read carts whatsoever, but theat may have something to do with the console being washed in a washing machine a few.... dozen times, or so. roughly.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
language is based on your in game language settings, it won't magically becomes Japanese when there isn't even any Japanese language in the usa version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1