Japanese N3DS crashing on select US/ENG games when loading

Nickeleye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a Japanese N3DS that I just recently installed CFW in the original Japanese language. I installed several of my US/ENG 3DS cia's (ripped from my own carts) and discovered 3 of them crash when I load them. Then I learned about the Luma region/language changing app. So I changed the region to US and language to ENG. That said, some of them are still crashing (i.e. Metriod, Majora's Mask, NES Remix).

I've also tried obtaining the latest seed database file and did the process to create the fbi seed folder on the SD root directory. I could import the Metroid seed successfully, but the other two games wouldn't import due to an error (something related to internet connection). For the two that failed, I also attempted turning on the 3DS wifi, but it made no difference.

I attempted to run Metroid after the "successful" seed patch, but it still crashed. I should also note I had already turned on game patching in Luma previously, so that's not the issue. I also know the CIAs work fine, because the same files work without doing anything whatsoever on a USA New 3DS XL I also have.

Any ideas what could be going on here?

Oh, and two bonus questions:
1. A couple of my games are set to US/ENG (original ENG/US region games) and for some reason, the 3ds still plays the game in Japanese. One specific example is Resident Evil Revelations.
2. Is there any way to have the 3DS menu display the English game logo artwork instead of the Japanese version on a title-by-title basis? Example: If I want to have both a Japanese and ENG version of Zelda OoT installed, it's faster to be able to identify which title is which visually.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 11.01.30 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 11.01.30 PM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 11.01.45 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 11.01.45 PM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 70

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- You might need to verify the hash of your game dumps with a known good dump online, to make sure they're not corrupted.
- Do your carts work? The ones you dumped?
- You can try downloading/installing the EU versions instead of the NA ones. Worth a try..
- Your other games work fine, the ones you have installed on the sdcard?
- About the seed, they should be placed inside the sd:fbi/seed folder, if importing seed in fbi does not generate a seed file even if you are connected to WiFi, you might need to download it from the internet and place it in the corresponding folder.

domekeeper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem with NES Remix and several other games, using LumaLocaleSwitcher to change all regions to US and language to EN resolved all issues. You also have to enable game patching in Luma. My guess is you may not have game patching enabled in Luma, because you mentioned the games you have set to US/EN are still coming in Japanese.

Last edited by domekeeper,
Reactions: AkikoKumagara

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1