Hacking DSTwo (Plus) port of AKAIO possible? (Sorry if I sound a bit stupid here)

Cratty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a DSTwo Plus and am liking it overall, but there are things I can't get over, like cheat scrolling being non-existant, no cheat tooltip, or not having the full start menu including cheats, a seperate page for system options and ROM properties. I don't like the plugin menu (I know I can change that) and I don't know how to get the AKAIO default UI because I think it's better than the one Supercard Team put together. If you have any advice for me, thanks!

Last edited by Cratty,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a DSTwo Plus and am liking it overall, but there are things I can't get over, like cheat scrolling being non-existant, no cheat tooltip, or not having the full start menu. I don't like the plugin menu (I know I can change that) and I don't know how to get the AKAIO default UI because I think it's better than the one Supercard Team put together. If you have any advice for me, thanks!
LOL not possible

Cratty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL not possible
Well, I think it might be possible, but there's not a very high chance of it being possible or happening though, but since both are based off of the same source, only both are tailored towards different hardware, I thought it would be.

Last edited by Cratty,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I think it might be possible, but there's not a very high chance of it being possible or happening though, but since both are based off of the same source, only both are tailored towards different hardware, I thought it would be.
No

Cratty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But now I know the closest I'll probably be is just a theme (Still don't know what to do about the icons though), but thank you for your help.

Cratty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm SOL there because I have no microSDs >=2GB, but if I knew anything about the hardware and the coding for it, I would try to port it, just because it's about 50% better than the EOS I have to use. I also like the options that AKAIO has, I think AKAIO has all the ones EOS has and more, only some are renamed.

Also, I'm having trouble running the original DS firmware or the PictoChat application on the DS itself when I'm running it on a 3DS, you probably know what happens with the DS firmware, but Pictochat just says "Communication error" and quits.

Last edited by Cratty,

Cratty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I don't like the plugin menu (I know I can change that)" not trying to be rude though, it's just I hadn't set it up, but I do know about them. Also, I'd like to use pictochat on my 3DS but can't use it because it is just "Communication Error. The DS will now shut down". In fact, it's the same with any application that uses the WiFi, and I also don't like the fact that some software only works when the screen is stretched on 3DS.

Last edited by Cratty,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that has everything to do with the OS the DSTWO uses, I honestly don't know on this topic. Doubt cheat scrolling will be a thing anytime soon for now lol.

Cratty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that has everything to do with the OS the DSTWO uses, I honestly don't know on this topic. Doubt cheat scrolling will be a thing anytime soon for now lol.
From what I understand, all potential for a future update to the card is dead.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand, all potential for a future update to the card is dead.
It isn't dead as people say it is, it's just the SuperCard team have been quiet for a while now. Besides if we had coders who could help us it wouldn't be dead. Look at all the R4 firmware updates out in this world currently. Not all of those firmware updates were made by the R4 team, some of those were actually made by random individuals. So in my book, if people can manage to do that, then it isn't impossible to do the same process for other various flashcarts, especially the DSTWO/DSTWO+. It is just a matter of finding the right people willing to help code something new and improved for us. The problem is with how new technology influences people, they tend to think everything before it is obsolete so they don't put any effort in it anymore. Little tip though, stuff like this may be old, but they are not obsolete ;).

Cratty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It isn't dead as people say it is, it's just the SuperCard team have been quiet for a while now. Besides if we had coders who could help us it wouldn't be dead. Look at all the R4 firmware updates out in this world currently. Not all of those firmware updates were made by the R4 team, some of those were actually made by random individuals. So in my book, if people can manage to do that, then it isn't impossible to do the same process for other various flashcarts, especially the DSTWO/DSTWO+. It is just a matter of finding the right people willing to help code something new and improved for us. The problem is with how new technology influences people, they tend to think everything before it is obsolete so they don't put any effort in it anymore. Little tip though, stuff like this may be old, but they are not obsolete ;).
I mean they (SuperCard team) haven't updated the card (firmware or EOS) since 2015. It's kind of dead on their end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg