emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mario85555 said:
yeah, I believe so.
If it doesn't, then I need to do some more research.
And I'm still trying to hack the r4 update, but my computer is being stupid, so I don't think I can finish anytime soon.

well i tried the update with the 1.17 menu and i only get black screen and the 2.7 menu on dstti.cc is a acekard menu so i think that the fake dstti on that website is a acekard clone

TwistedBlizzard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MSaki said:
Why dont we just reverse engineer it? Then make updates individually for each fake version and official dstti.

If the dstt crew could do it we could too. All the updates seem to do is change the sign of the game from one to another.

The updates do more thant change the cart header. They also get past the anti piracy on the console by tricking it into thinking it is a real game.
Carts have to have extra/different code to normal games to let it run backups. The dsi can recognise this differnt code and block the card. so what we are trying to do is make it look like a real game to the dsi but still be able to run backups.
BTW what do you mean by reverse engineer it?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
knobydobs said:
MSaki said:
Why dont we just reverse engineer it? Then make updates individually for each fake version and official dstti.

If the dstt crew could do it we could too. All the updates seem to do is change the sign of the game from one to another.

The updates do more thant change the cart header. They also get past the anti piracy on the console by tricking it into thinking it is a real game.
Carts have to have extra/different code to normal games to let it run backups. The dsi can recognise this differnt code and block the card. so what we are trying to do is make it look like a real game to the dsi but still be able to run backups.
BTW what do you mean by reverse engineer it?

quote from wikipedia:
QUOTE said:
Reverse engineering is the process of discovering the technological principles of a human (or non-human) made device, object or system through analysis of its structure, function and operation. It often involves taking something (e.g., a mechanical device, electronic component, or software program) apart and analyzing its workings in detail to be used in maintenance, or to try to make a new device or program that does the same thing without using or simply duplicating (without understanding) the original.
and also from the same page:
Reasons for reverse engineering:
  • Interoperability.
  • Lost documentation: Reverse engineering often is done because the documentation of a particular device has been lost (or was never written), and the person who built it is no longer available. Integrated circuits often seem to have been designed on obsolete, proprietary systems, which means that the only way to incorporate the functionality into new technology is to reverse-engineer the existing chip and then re-design it.
  • Product analysis. To examine how a product works, what components it consists of, estimate costs, and identify potential patent infringement.
  • Digital update/correction. To update the digital version (e.g. CAD model) of an object to match an "as-built" condition.
  • Security auditing.
  • Acquiring sensitive data by disassembling and analysing the design of a system component.[3]
  • Military or commercial espionage. Learning about an enemy's or competitor's latest research by stealing or capturing a prototype and dismantling it.
  • Removal of copy protection, circumvention of access restrictions.
  • Creation of unlicensed/unapproved duplicates.
  • Materials harvesting, sorting, or scrapping.[4]
  • Academic/learning purposes.
  • Curiosity.
  • Competitive technical intelligence (understand what your competitor is actually doing, versus what they say they are doing).
  • Learning: learn from others' mistakes. Do not make the same mistakes that others have already made and subsequently corrected.
I'm not sure what he meant, but I hope this helps.
smile.gif

Oh, and Wikipedia and Google are always your friend.
tongue.gif

Mario85555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I think that the reverse engineering would work. But first, we have to find a true working copy of the update that is made for a flashcart thats sort of like the ttds, like the r4.
but we already know that the r4 update reverse engineering didn't work.
So anybody have any more ideas of flashcarts to try?
(Which actually has the update, cause I know that most don't have it, yet)

MSaki

Trophies
Website
nintendo3ds-place.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
I know i can be confusing O.O but im aware that the reverse engineering process is a pain and decompiling wold never work so whats to stop someone from trying to get the nds libs and compiling a universal flasher i did take a look at the dstt fake recovery program and that's my best guess.

also what the heck is with the flashcarts getting patched and action replay hasn't yet? it appears as game and watch which was a promotional only club nintendo game.....

could it have something to do with the list of what runs inside of the dsi nand?

the main problem is that the dstt fakes and real both have different flash chips which is a pain since you would need one for each individual chip. unless you build one that know s which chip is which.

MSaki

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Mario85555 said:
Yeah, I think that the reverse engineering would work. But first, we have to find a true working copy of the update that is made for a flashcart thats sort of like the ttds, like the r4.
but we already know that the r4 update reverse engineering didn't work.
So anybody have any more ideas of flashcarts to try?
(Which actually has the update, cause I know that most don't have it, yet)

idk sorry but most flash carts i know have an easy update system with high success....

what about the action replay isnt that upgradeable via the usb ?

Mario85555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MSaki said:
well yes except (not surprised) but dsi action replay doesnt even apear in my 3ds....no updates either...XD
Well, the Action Replay DSi is built to work ON a dsi. Not a 3ds.
I'm guessing that the makers are probably making an Action Replay DSi.
Also, have you noticed that the only updates the Action replay does is to just get more game codes and cheats? Not to update the firmware, So there is no update for the Action Replay DSi, it automatically works on the 1.4.2 update.
We're trying to FIND the pass for the TTDSi that allows it to work on the 1.4.2 update.
The TTDS team and R4 Team already made an experimental 3ds update, but there IS a product that works on the 3ds.
Like the TT3DS (Which is out) and the R4 3DS (Which, I believe, is also out.)
closedeyes.gif
yaynds.gif

Mario85555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MSaki said:
well yes except (not surprised) but dsi action replay doesnt even apear in my 3ds....no updates either...XD
Well, the Action Replay DSi is built to work ON a dsi. Not a 3ds.
I'm guessing that the makers are probably making an Action Replay DSi.
Also, have you noticed that the only updates the Action replay does is to just get more game codes and cheats? Not to update the firmware, So there is no update for the Action Replay DSi, it automatically works on the 1.4.2 update.
We're trying to FIND the pass for the TTDSi that allows it to work on the 1.4.2 update.
The TTDS team and R4 Team already made an experimental 3ds update, but there IS a product that works on the 3ds.
Like the TT3DS (Which is out) and the R4 3DS (Which, I believe, is also out.)
closedeyes.gif
yaynds.gif

Mario85555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my ttdsi was read as "Stormbreaker", a game, and it still blocked that. So, maybe the theory of changing the game screen may trick the dsi into thinking it's a real game.

MSaki

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
upgrading a dstti always seems to brick alot of people so even if we made a dstt universal up-grader there is still 2 big problems 1 Nintendo changing the nds card security check and 2 bricking thousands of dsttis if we mess up somewhere in a code since each dstti fake or real has a different flash chip

but still it could work also the picture is a simple banner i wouldn't think the dsi checks the banner just the title info and card integrity.

it would be easier if we could inject our own system into the dsi to skip the integrity check like a internal pass

iv been messing with a old broken action replay card i found and iv been seeing if i can make it into something of a pass so far it freezes at dstt launch but other cards seem to work.

since dsi mode is cracked can anyone tell me if they ever found a way to dump or flash the nand?

thank you ~MSaki

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!