dsi sd slot hacked to play roms (video proof)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
EmperorOfCanada said:
TrolleyDave said:
So you're trying to say that you manged to load a rom from the SD card by renaming it to a music file? That's about as likely as me getting my own living Christina Applegate by loading a picture of her into Winamp.

Speak for yourself. I have 4 Christina Applegates locked in my basement.

Damnit I want one NOOOOOOOOW!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone claiming that they managed to get their DSi to run roms through the SD clot. All it took was renaming a rom to a music file and hey presto it loaded! How stupid are Team Twiizers, going through all that unnecessary hacking when all they had to do was rename the .nds file.

zachsupercoolvid

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zachsupercoolvideos said:
ok i put more PROOF ON YOUTUBE TO SHOW THAT IT CAN PLAY ROMS !!!!!

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDc7XqqXEq0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDc7XqqXEq0[/url]

there i hope your happy

Posts merged

dice said:
I'll stick this in the EOF for now until you can post proof that is more reliable.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDc7XqqXEq0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDc7XqqXEq0[/url]
proof

facepalmr.jpg

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
All the stuff you're showing on the PC is unreadable due to NYPD Blue camerawork. You also loaded a Katie Perry song which turned out to be game?!? And finally what did you edit out at around the 1:43 mark? Am I to believe that you went from epileptic camera work to having steadicam camera work for a second or 2 and then back to having bells palsy?

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well im not a hacking pro well i am a big freaking noob at it and to computers put your first video was bad i saw a card top left corner at 3:26 but second one is mroe convincing but i cant judge this in any way because im a noob to all this sutff :/

EDIT: wow i thought i was gonna be first looking at it after second video but all of you beat me to it
frown.gif
but you guys have alot better reviews:)
Second Edit: I suck at reviews and noticing stuff but its true at 1:43 or near there it looks liek you skippedsomething

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
You really want to convince people you've done it? Explain what you did and why it works instead of posting poorly edited videos.

edit : Or howabout doing a live webcam broadcast showing the process from start to finish.

zachsupercoolvid

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
You really want to convince people you've done it? Explain what you did and why it works instead of posting poorly edited videos.

edit : Or howabout doing a live webcam broadcast showing the process from start to finish.

i only have a flip video camra and it sucks

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
zachsupercoolvideos said:
TrolleyDave said:

i only have a flip video camra and it sucks

Then explain in detail exactly what you did and why it works.

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I must say, since a programmer side, two things:

1.- the file you show, besides of being opened in notepad, it shows a couple of string of chars repeated again and again and again.

2:- when you "load" the rom, there is a major pause in the video. First the DSi is in an angle and when the rom loads, the camera is in another angle and also closer than before loading the song.

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
All you did was stop recording a vid of your bad taste in music then load it from the Acekard2i and start recording again.
And if you need it... How did it work when there was "no cart in"?

And still waiting on that guide on getting the "custom firmware" and getting it to load ROMs from the sound channel

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How'd the light go from near the bottom to the middle without us seeing it. You also said you have an Acekard 2i inside which always could mean you paused the recording and used the Acekard to boot up a rom without us seeing. Go try one of the hybrid games first then maybe just maybe we would believe you. I agree show us the whole process and how to do it. Stop saying you have a zc sd card that runs roms. That's a bunch of crap, we all can see you wrote zc and ripped of the original label.

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
How'd the light go from near the bottom to the middle without us seeing it. You also said you have an Acekard 2i inside which always could mean you paused the recording and used the Acekard to boot up a rom without us seeing. Go try one of the hybrid games first then maybe just maybe we would believe you. I agree show us the whole process and how to do it.
I've been saying that since about the start of the topic XD.

Anyone notice this got moved to a randomish forum? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: