Homebrew DSi Downgrading - The Complete Guide

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No commercial DSiware have both slot-1 and sd+nand enabled (TwlNMenu does, but we're not even sure it's ever been signed for retail), and without already having CFW it's impossible to add permissions

I am kind of at a loss how the rocket launcher installer is going to generate a white list for the cart, when there is no way of homebrew reading the slot 1 card until CFW is running. Maybe that is one of the things holding up the release....

If you have sudokuhax surely you can use fwTool to dump NAND?

I can dump the nand, I can't get the cid because sudokuhax supposedly overwrote it on purpose to stop you doing this. They didn't release the generator, probably to stop you from removing that code & now it's offline. I kinda lost respect for them for pulling that.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I can dump the nand, I can't get the cid because sudokuhax supposedly overwrote it on purpose to stop you doing this. They didn't release the generator, probably to stop you from removing that code & now it's offline. I kinda lost respect for them for pulling that.
You're in Britain according to your icon; I have a copy of The Biggest Loser USA (EUR copy) with the CID exploit installed if you want to borrow it, you'll then just need some DSiWare to copy to SD to get your ConsoleID.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're in Britain according to your icon; I have a copy of The Biggest Loser USA (EUR copy) with the CID exploit installed if you want to borrow it, you'll then just need some DSiWare to copy to SD to get your ConsoleID.

Thanks. I have console id and a nand dump already, I've ordered biggest loser and it's supposedly on it's way. I'll see if I can get 5 mins with a DS. If not then I might take you up on the offer.

Reactions: Deleted User

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I got the nand, cid and means to rewrite the NAND. The only missing piece is the console id.

For example, for fieldrunners we can use:
"dsi_srl_extract.exe --basename=FIELDRUNNERS 4B464445"

For flipnote studio, what should I put here in the basename parameter?

D

Deleted User

Ok, I got the nand, cid and means to rewrite the NAND. The only missing piece is the console id.

For example, for fieldrunners we can use:
"dsi_srl_extract.exe --basename=FIELDRUNNERS 4B464445"

For flipnote studio, what should I put here in the basename parameter?
It seems to not matter - it's just "BASENAME.footer" etc.

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will there be a way to install *stuff* to NAND without CID and stuff, because I can't transfer anything to SD?
Console id: download the transfer tool app.
CID: well you will need either flipnote or the browser for the upcomming exploit.

(Anyone for my question?)

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
Console id: download the transfer tool app.
CID: well you will need either flipnote or the browser for the upcomming exploit.

(Anyone for my question?)

I have the transfer tool app on my dsi, but I cannot even transfer it to SD or delete.
I have the same problem - no option in data management, except I'm on 1.4 and don't really want to update to get the transfer tool from the eShop, unless I can easily downgrade afterwards.

ToxiKutie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's amazing to see this still alive and kicking. I want to perform a hardmod, but lack the The Biggest Loser cartridge for it right now. I do have a Raspberry Pi, however, I just have literally no idea how to go about using it. I also have the Web Browser DSiWare but I'm not sure how to get my Console ID from it command-wise. (As in I don't know what the ID for it is.) If anyone can (Wants to) help, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by ToxiKutie,

Lord_Friky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's amazing to see this still alive and kicking. I want to perform a hardmod, but lack the The Biggest Loser cartridge for it right now. I do have a Raspberry Pi, however, I just have literally no idea how to go about using it. I also have the Web Browser DSiWare but I'm not sure how to get my Console ID from it command-wise. (As in I don't know what the ID for it is.) If anyone can (Wants to) help, I'd appreciate it.
You can get your CID from your Raspberry Pi with the following command:
cat /sys/block/mmcblk0/device/cid

And for the Console ID the base name doesn't matter, you can put anything you want and the .footer will be the same. For example, if you have a USA console you can use:
dsi_srl_extract.exe --basename=EMOJIMOVIEISTHEGREATESTFILMINTHEWORLD 484E4745.bin
(USA because the bin name ends in 45)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have the transfer tool app on my dsi, but I cannot even transfer it to SD or delete.
All expected, it's a system app (00030005 instead of 00030004) which just happens to not have been released via system update

I do have a Raspberry Pi, however, I just have literally no idea how to go about using it
find, install, and run the operating system dedicated to unlocking Gateway-bricked 3DSes (which is designed to fully load in memory so then you can remove the card it loads from and connect your console instead), it includes a CID viewer

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
I still don't get it - If I don't currently have Data Management in settings, does that mean there is NO way for me to get my Console ID?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I still don't get it - If I don't currently have Data Management in settings, does that mean there is NO way for me to get my Console ID?
The alternative is running an appropriate homebrew using a DSiware exploit (present or future)
Just connecting to the DSi shop (on 1.4.5 of course) should in theory be sufficient to unlock the option

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0