Hacking DS-X Downgrader

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How depressing...
Guess my DS will just be hella slow till the team actually releases a new firmware...
Sad...
If I actually had money, I'd just buy an R4.
But I spent it all on my DS-X!
Sad day..

Yeah a lot of DSX users are coming up with this realization. I bought the DSX when it was the only real slot1 solution, as soon as I have funds and it is back in stock for US resellers, the CycloEvo is replacing that cart.

ghibli99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I registered here specifically to thank you for creating and releasing this downgrader.
bow.gif
1.1.2 made me hate the DS-X with a passion. Take care, and keep up the great work.

LostyJai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shuny you're my hero! =D
Love the work you're doing for the community...

Just one question. If the ds-x team releases say 1.2.0 fw... would I still be able to upgrade to 1.2.0 after downgrading to 1.1.0?

Huntress

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wooow - so glad my upgrade failed when I tried it a couple of weeks ago (because my stupid laptop doesn't have usb 2.0) I'll stick with the firmware I have now. Thanks!

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What is the chance of anything happening? I read the "USE AT YOUR OWN RISK" part, and now Im scared. CAN YOU GUARANTEE IT WILL WORK?
I can guarantee it will work. Also, I have a part of the moon I'm not using anymore, so I'll sell it to you real cheap.

Seriously, what's the worst that can happen? Bricked DS-X? Isn't it half-unusable as it is, since you're considering a downgrade?

afifiscoolkhara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the chance of anything happening? I read the "USE AT YOUR OWN RISK" part, and now Im scared. CAN YOU GUARANTEE IT WILL WORK?
I can guarantee it will work. Also, I have a part of the moon I'm not using anymore, so I'll sell it to you real cheap.

Seriously, what's the worst that can happen? Bricked DS-X? Isn't it half-unusable as it is, since you're considering a downgrade?

Whats a "part of the moon?"
wtf.gif

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
OP
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
Yes it will work.

The worst that could happen could be a corrupted firmware, which is fully reflashable with an official or the unofficial DS-X updater
smile.gif

Maybe it can corrupt your data, so backup it before.

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Whats a "part of the moon?"
wtf.gif
Nothin. Whats a part of the moon wit you?

Cliffius

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Been having a problem with my DSX where it's been freezing and one reboot, it would show up with a blank space on the DS's slot1 boot menu. I would have to plug the card into my computer, and then back into my DS for it to work again. (only to freeze later) A guy on the forum gave me some help, but it didn't work and he hasn't replied back to me. I've decided to get an R4, but will give the downgrader a shot to see if it fixes the problem.

Iean

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had the same problem. Simple solution: go the official DS-X forums, open a topic (or just directly PM thegame07) and he will provide a solution for you. Be very specific with your problem-- if it's the same as mine, then he will be able to fix it.

Virusak

Trophies
XP
Country
well, it is just a crappy card, white screen and freezing on start up happens to me and to other people o know who have ds-x like every other week, we have to reisert the card a few times and then it works

Cliffius

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iean, did that already. Got a reply with a solution. Solution didn't work and no reply back. But I am happy to say that I've been putting the DS through full use today with the downgrade and no freezing! Will see how the week plays out. I hope it's a 1.1.2 problem and not something physically wrong the card.

Iean

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting...no problems?
I tried the downgrade myself once, and my 16 Gb DS-X booted afterwards, very fast...everything SEEMED to be working fine...
But only 1/2 of my apps would show up, no matter what I did...
I got tired of that and just re-updated.

You're a lucky fellow sir.

Cliffius

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guessing it didn't work because the first page says "THIS DOWNGRADER USES A FIRMWARE THAT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 2GB UNITS. DO NOT TRY IT IF YOU HAVE A 2GB UNIT"

;-)

Cliffius

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bah, my DS-X is back to not wanting to be found. Sometimes it'll work fine, other times it won't, very random.

However, when it does work, it no longer freezes. I attribute this to the down grader. Also, I hadn't realized how SLOW 1.1.2 was!

Will be getting an R4 this Christmas.

reveng

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hey I'd like to by your half the moon, just PM your private bank details, home address, birth date, full name, drivers lisence, and Social Security number and i'll transfer the money into your bank Acc.

R...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah been there had that no fun