Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I have something to ask (someway it's stupid I think, but I don't see why not to ask it).
Does it make any diference to use TWLoader or DS HB Menu? I've being using the second one, since it takes lees time to install (no side cia that needs updates and all) because I asumed it wouldn't make any diference, but now I'm thinking of it and I had to ask.

Reactions: FlappyFalco

SeanStar555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I have something to ask (someway it's stupid I think, but I don't see why not to ask it).
Does it make any diference to use TWLoader or DS HB Menu? I've being using the second one, since it takes lees time to install (no side cia that needs updates and all) because I asumed it wouldn't make any diference, but now I'm thinking of it and I had to ask.
It shouldn't make any difference.

ahezard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I recommend to use TWLoader, this is the official GUI. I use it when I test on HW. I will not maintain nds-hbmenu anymore. It works for now but if I need to add more option or change the structure of the .ini of nds-bootstrap it will break.

ahezard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i have tested Metroid Prime First Hunt Demo (Retail Rom) and i got as far as the first logo, then it booted into the cinematic and was running incredibly slow then froze on the pulse images. using build 38b4eb1
Good to know, thanks.

For the ones that are willing to compile and test, feel free to do so. Just mention the commit number when you report the results like he did. The latest commit is currently broken. I recommend the
6c39a52 or 38b4eb1 one for now. The read card patch should be stable on this ones but very slow. We are working on the optimization of this patch.

ahezard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
there are new instruction for this on twl loader?because all the 4 retail roms who working white screen for me
There is no guarantee that it works at all for now. The optimization we are trying to implements introduce bugs that we need to fix. Due to some limitation of no$gba we are forced to test on HW. If you are willing to test, go ahead but no take account that it should work. Just report the differences between the different build and in particular the regressions. Please recover the log also when you test that is located into sd:/NDSBTSRP.LOG. Do not attach it here or send it to me unless I ask for it.

So it seems the commit 6c39a52 introduced a bug in respect to 38b4eb1, that is good to know.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I recommend to use TWLoader, this is the official GUI. I use it when I test on HW. I will not maintain nds-hbmenu anymore. It works for now but if I need to add more option or change the structure of the .ini of nds-bootstrap it will break.
I don't like TWLoader too much. I don't know why it requires the installation of 2 CIAs plus it wants the nds files in a dumb specific folder.
hbmenu works great.

Reactions: raphamotta

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol