Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We can install as many as we like.
Will they all boot the same game, though, then? Eg if I have SM64DS and Pokemon Black 2, would they individually boot?

Also, Do I run the homebrew through YSMenu.nds? If so, I get UNKNOWN_DLDI_TYPE. I'm running R4 Wood on my flashcart as its main firmware.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will they all boot the same game, though, then? Eg if I have SM64DS and Pokemon Black 2, would they individually boot?
Yes. Check 0xD1A0 on every NDS file.
Also, Do I run the homebrew through YSMenu.nds? If so, I get UNKNOWN_DLDI_TYPE. I'm running R4 Wood on my flashcart as its main firmware.
For the CIAs, it will launch (for example) SM64DS.dat on the flashcard.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Download this pack.

Extract what in "for TTDS microSD" to the flashcard microSD card.
For the case of Super Mario 64 DS, rename abpathsetter.nds to SM64DS.dat (as located on the launcher (NDS) at 0xD1A0). The homebrew I created (already DLDI patched) will set the autoboot rom path in YSMenu.ini on the microSD root, and boot YSMenu.nds also on the root, so rename/backup any existing YSMenu.ini file that's anywhere on the card.

Using a hex-editor, fill 0x22DE7 through 0x22EE8 with 00s, and set the full ROM path at 0x22DE7 (like "Games/SM64DS.nds"), use "Paste write" if path is copied.

Finally, install the CIA and launch it.
Does this also work for R4i SHDH?

Enviado desde mi BLU LIFE XL mediante Tapatalk

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, yes it does.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The one with www.r4i-sdhc.com.
Ok, SM64's forwarder doesn't run SM64 but boots YSMenu, I have ysmenu.ini as "SM64DS.ini" on the root of my flashcard's SD (setted "games/SM64DS.nds" as autoboot).
Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it working :P be sure to edit the .dat in the hexedit part.

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a fair warning to all, it does not and probably will not ever work with an r4ids.cn cart, sadly.

Why is this? I can see that my cart came from there, it has that address printed on the card and in the flashcard's menu. It's this card:

r4i-rts1.jpg

Supposedly its an R4i Gold, but none of the flashcard launches work (it will boot normally of course). Is it because it's a stage 1 card and not a stage 2 card? Are stage 1 cards just completely unable to be handled this way?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is this? I can see that my cart came from there, it has that address printed on the card and in the flashcard's menu. It's this card:

r4i-rts1.jpg

Supposedly its an R4i Gold, but none of the flashcard launches work (it will boot normally of course). Is it because it's a stage 1 card and not a stage 2 card? Are stage 1 cards just completely unable to be handled this way?
If your card has r4ids.cn on it, it can't be used. There are so many different "R4 Gold" cards that the best way to tell is by their site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F