Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes. TWLoader looks for .nds files in the "nds" folder.

i really wish people had agreed on a homebrew folder to throw all of these folders into. its just blowing up the root directory so hard.

on a different note, i installed the twloader cia, added both of those folders and threw in the nitrografx.nds in the nds folder.
when i try to start that, i get a black screen and a message to turn everything off, so i suppose i'm lacking some files or something?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really wish people had agreed on a homebrew folder to throw all of these folders into. its just blowing up the root directory so hard.

on a different note, i installed the twloader cia, added both of those folders and threw in the nitrografx.nds in the nds folder.
when i try to start that, i get a black screen and a message to turn everything off, so i suppose i'm lacking some files or something?
Install the CIA that's in "sdmc:/_nds/twloader/cia" to SysNAND.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

brentblend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what does this accomplish in noob. please?

I know what the end-goal is. But, what exactly is it capable of at the current time?

brentblend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running old DS homebrews with 3DS SD card support.
Overclocking DS games.

Is there a list of DS homebrew and their functions somewhere for easy viewing?

I can't wait to be able to play DS games without a flashcart btw.

Well, Super Mario 64. I don't really know of any others I'd like.

Very awesome project.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: brentblend

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States

I just had an idea for slot-1 launcher side of the CTR front-end GUI you are working on. As we know TWL carts are not supported by NTR Launcher which is currently how TWLoader launches NTR carts.

You could add an extra optional feature where it launches my TWL Slot-1 Launcher instead. The downside is there won't be a boot animation but then you could use it to launch your TWL carts this way. Would be cool if it could auto detect if it's a TWL cart or not. But most likely you can just have it as an option in the launcher. You can add options to the INI file that the bootstra/ntr launcher don't use. It won't mess them up. So the INI file can contain settings used only by your CTR front end app if you want. ;)

You may not need to actually have my TWL Slot-1 Launcher installed to do this. Because it's the TID that determines whether or not TWL_FIRM boots Slot-1 instead of DSiWare, you may get away with just passing the TID to NS and then when TWL_FIRM launches it will boot slot-1 regardless if the SRL for that TID is actually on NAND or not. Part of the TID sets category and DSiWare normally have 04 set (where as system app DSiWare have 05 or 15. DSi System Menu uses 17, but you get the idea). If it's set to 00 however that means it's a cartridge and it will boot slot-1. I've found that TWL_FIRM completely ignores the entire SRL for the most part in this case. I haven't attempted this though so you'll have to test this to be sure.

As for grabbing banner data from slot-1. Check out the source to FBI. That app has long had proper handling of that and you may be able to adapt it to this program as well. Hopefully you can even have animated banner support and also allow TWLoader to launch DSiWare. Appearently there's a 40 or so limit to the amount of DSiWare you can have installed before Home Menu stops listing them. So eventually it would be cool if you can have TWLoader also be able to launch them. You'd have to find some way to list them separately perhaps and if you do, you may want to allow grid view/folders like 3DS home menu.

But that's more of a long term goal I guess. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online