Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues with IR after updating TwilightMenu++ and ndsbootstrap on my old 3DS. I used to trade pokémons in my Black 2 using IR, but it doesn't work anymore. As you mentioned before, Slot-1 microSD access and DS Classic Menu are disabled. Is there a fix for this?
The next version should fix this.

one-piece

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, another question. Can the widescreen patch work by booting from the flashcard or only with nds_bootstrap?.
Is the guide update so that you only need to press x + Start in TWPatch? I have seen videos in wich they press another option wich is GPU related before the creation of the TwBg.cxi. is this no longer needed?

BitterBuffalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more question, I set the TWiLight Menu++ to launch the most recent ROM on startup. But once it has launched the DS game, I can't get back to the TWiLight Menu++. I've tried L+R+DOWN+B for 2 second. The game stops, I get a black screen, then white screen, then ND_Bootstrap starts again and re-launches the game.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, another question. Can the widescreen patch work by booting from the flashcard or only with nds_bootstrap?.
Is the guide update so that you only need to press x + Start in TWPatch? I have seen videos in wich they press another option wich is GPU related before the creation of the TwBg.cxi. is this no longer needed?
Yes, you can use widescreen with flashcards, though you'll need to enable the widescreen cheat manually in the flashcard kernel menu.
One more question, I set the TWiLight Menu++ to launch the most recent ROM on startup. But once it has launched the DS game, I can't get back to the TWiLight Menu++. I've tried L+R+DOWN+B for 2 second. The game stops, I get a black screen, then white screen, then ND_Bootstrap starts again and re-launches the game.
As stated by the option description, hold B to skip the last-launched game.

Bartolomey_wong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello,

I just updated Twilight Menu yesterday as was recommended by this guide on this forums so that I could use sleep mode for my console when the lid is closed and I'm playing GBA.

But then the problem arose. When I tried to find my roms on the Twilight Menu, I saw the 'Slot 1 empty' prompt, tapped on it, and then both screens went black with the top one showing this message: 'Wrong date or firmware expired! Please check NDS machine date configuration.'

Though I didn't change date and time settings of my 3DS.

What can be the problem and how to fix it? Now every time I load Twilight menu, I just see these black screens and the message, no menu.

Thanks.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I just updated Twilight Menu yesterday as was recommended by this guide on this forums so that I could use sleep mode for my console when the lid is closed and I'm playing GBA.

But then the problem arose. When I tried to find my roms on the Twilight Menu, I saw the 'Slot 1 empty' prompt, tapped on it, and then both screens went black with the top one showing this message: 'Wrong date or firmware expired! Please check NDS machine date configuration.'

Though I didn't change date and time settings of my 3DS.

What can be the problem and how to fix it? Now every time I load Twilight menu, I just see these black screens and the message, no menu.

Thanks.
You're trying to launch your flashcard, which has hit the timebomb date.
Please update the flashcard firmware/kernel, or install TWiLight Menu++ on your flashcard.

If you're not trying to launch your flashcard, then touch the DS icon to go to TWLMenu++ Settings, and disable "DS Classic Menu".

Bartolomey_wong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You're trying to launch your flashcard, which has hit the timebomb date.
Please update the flashcard firmware/kernel, or install TWiLight Menu++ on your flashcard.

If you're not trying to launch your flashcard, then touch the DS icon to go to TWLMenu++ Settings, and disable "DS Classic Menu".

Thank you! I did that, it worked. Yes, I have an old cart but tried to access my games on my SD card in the console.

I did manage to load GBA rom, but it seems the sleep mode doesn't work for it, sadly. When I close the lid, nothing happens: the game still plays, I hear the music, etc. Is there a solution for playing GBA and putting console to sleep?

PS. And the sound, I hear crackling sound from time to time. The game is Zelda: Minish Cap

Last edited by Bartolomey_wong,
Reactions: banjo2

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! I did that, it worked. Yes, I have an old cart but tried to access my games on my SD card in the console.

I did manage to load GBA rom, but it seems the sleep mode doesn't work for it, sadly. When I close the lid, nothing happens: the game still plays, I hear the music, etc. Is there a solution for playing GBA and putting console to sleep?

PS. And the sound, I hear crackling sound from time to time. The game is Zelda: Minish Cap
There is currently no solution.
Also, since this is a GBARunner2 issue, please post such issues in that thread, for future reference.

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just did that, it showed up with "Slot1 no info", tried booting it up and the touch screen just shows red and green squares with the top screen completely white, its been sitting like that for a couple minutes now, I guess I'll have to use a sd card reader then to see if the sd cards fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The SD cards fine, do I need to update any files on here to make it work?
I was facing the same issue with my clone R4.

I managed to fix it by going into Twilightmenu++ menu -> Games and Apps Settings -> Slot-1 launch method: set it to Direct.

Optional: you can go to Misc. Settings -> Auto-start Slot-1 and set to Yes to boot it up when it is inserted as soon as you turn the console on.

Treeko

Trophies
XP
Country
I was facing the same issue with my clone R4.

I managed to fix it by going into Twilightmenu++ menu -> Games and Apps Settings -> Slot-1 launch method: set it to Direct.

Optional: you can go to Misc. Settings -> Auto-start Slot-1 and set to Yes to boot it up when it is inserted as soon as you turn the console on.
Doesn't matter the R4 card I have is the original one from all the way back in 2008/09 and the creator of Twilight menu already confirmed its not going to work.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to all. :)

Has support for running dsi roms dropped in Twilight menu?

I must install them to hiyacfw menu to make them work.

I'm using last version 18.4. And unlaunch 1.8.
Which DSiWare ROMs need hiyaCFW to work?
Most will work fine when launched straight from TWLMenu++, and then Unlaunch will boot the DSiWare ROM.

Tarmfot

Trophies
XP
Country
Montserrat
Which DSiWare ROMs need hiyaCFW to work?
Most will work fine when launched straight from TWLMenu++, and then Unlaunch will boot the DSiWare ROM.

All. Previously they worked.(Some don't)
I'm not sure... The only difference is that the SD card(2GB) was 4k cluster size and now is 8K cluster size.

I will try redownloading the roms.

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hello, this is a great replacemnt app for nds games on 3ds, no need for a nds flashcart,
um i have some questions tho:

1) when i launch into twilmenu, can i set the app to start in the folder for my nds games specifily? (as i only care for this games to use in twilght menu). Through an .ini file?

2) um, the saves should be in gamename.sav format to work? im asking as my R4 3ds flashcart didnot use the .sav fromat and needed games to be named as Gamename.nds.sav in order to work/be seen.
so for twilghtmenu i just need to rename my saves to gamename.nds.sav -> gamename.sav?

Reactions: banjo2

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
hello, this is a great replacemnt app for nds games on 3ds, no need for a nds flashcart,
um i have some questions tho:

1) when i launch into twilmenu, can i set the app to start in the folder for my nds games specifily? (as i only care for this games to use in twilght menu). Through an .ini file?
It should automatically remember the lst folder you were in, at least after you launch a game, just quitting might not save it

2) um, the saves should be in gamename.sav format to work? im asking as my R4 3ds flashcart didnot use the .sav fromat and needed games to be named as Gamename.nds.sav in order to work/be seen.
so for twilghtmenu i just need to rename my saves to gamename.nds.sav -> gamename.sav?
For DS games, they should be "gamename.sav" in a "saves" folder that's in the same folder as the game, there's a wiki page with details for all systems it supports.

(example: )
/roms/DS/Mario Kart DS.nds
/roms/DS/saves/Mario Kart DS.sav

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It should automatically remember the lst folder you were in, at least after you launch a game, just quitting might not save it

For DS games, they should be "gamename.sav" in a "saves" folder that's in the same folder as the game, there's a wiki page with details for all systems it supports.

(example: )
/roms/DS/Mario Kart DS.nds
/roms/DS/saves/Mario Kart DS.sav

nice, thanx for the tips, Pk11!
i'll rename all my savs to .sav fromat instaed of what my R4 #ds flashcart needed.

yeah, twilight menu starts in the last folder i was in, or from what game was launched,
um one more question tho:

since im using twilight menu for only ds games, can i remove the other emulaoturs and their folders in the roms folder? since im not using them.

Reactions: Pk11 and banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste