Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have installed couple of .neo games but they are not showing up ? do the neogeo games need to be in different format than .neo ?
No.
Also, I never used NeoDS, so I probably can't help you there.
also any idea where i can get covers for the other emulators like snes,GameGear
nope

Reactions: satel

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I know from the compatibility list. Others can contribute to it.

spent couple of hours & no luck in getting neogeo games to boot. anyway how do i go back to the ROM list to select a different game ? or do i need to close the twilight app & restart it for that ?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spent couple of hours & no luck in getting neogeo games to boot. anyway how do i go back to the ROM list to select a different game ? or do i need to close the twilight app & restart it for that ?
You have to close it and restart it.
If you're not running homebrew, then hold L+R+DOWN+B for 2 seconds.

erimatai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
`
can i please ask how did you get NeoDS to run ? i have tried for hours but no luck getting any game to boot up !!
Simple, I put the NeoDS.nds in my folder of NDS roms (for example: SD:\ROMS\NDS) and I put the Neo Geo converted file (.neo) in the root of my 3DS root card. Then open Twilight Menu++ and search for your NDS roms. Select NeoDS.nds and wait to boot (boots really fast). Works flawless! :lol:
Optionally you can make run Neo Geo roms faster (at reasonable framerate) setting the NeoDS.nds at 133Mhz in the options rom (pressing Y when you select the NeoDS.nds file) but expect many graphical glitches.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Simple, I put the NeoDS.nds in my folder of NDS roms (for example: SD:\ROMS\NDS) and I put the Neo Geo converted file (.neo) in the root of my 3DS root card. Then open Twilight Menu++ and search for your NDS roms. Select NeoDS.nds and wait to boot (boots really fast). Works flawless! :lol:
Optionally you can make run Neo Geo roms faster (at reasonable framerate) setting the NeoDS.nds at 133Mhz in the options rom (pressing Y when you select the NeoDS.nds file) but expect many graphical glitches.

did you convert the neogeo games using app called NeoDsConvert ?

erimatai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
did you convert the neogeo games using app called NeoDsConvert ?
In theory yes, but for some reason the app crashes when starts the conversion, so I downloaded pre-converted Neo Geo roms in .neo format several years ago. I don't remember the specific site, but I think it's already dead now.

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 Had a big screwup on my 3ds, this is a little confusing but I will try to explain.

- I accidentally pressed L+R+Down+B during “loading” screen (The usual white background with progress bar) after selecting rom.
- Next time I’m loading twilight, it failed, showing something _nds.sldr is missing I think. I forgot.
- Then I checked on FBI, _nds/twilight menu now becomes a shortcut to the root of SD card. I’ll be redirected to my root directory if I select it. Weird.
- Failed to access the severity of this problem, I thought I’m gonna have to redo the process and just replace _nds folder from the gitHub site with my old one. Let’s just say I was tired at that point.
- FTPing those files with my phone, it crashed FTPADB if I merge them (_nds folder)
- Impatiently I deleted the old _nds folder, and the results basically become me deleting all my root content, lol. and yes I’m not paying attention during the span of deletion.

I can rectify this but I thought this can become a serious issue.

Last edited by MagnesG,

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah here’s a link 3ds.console.com watch the video with it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It’s .guide at the end sorry
Don't use video guides. #1 rule to installing CFW.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize how many pages behind I was. Someone probably already told you this already.

Last edited by FateForWindows,

israelsaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry if this was asked already, but I updated twilightmenu and deleted all my launcharg.
I just downloaded all the dsiware again but I wanted to know if there's a way to recover my saves and flipnotes, also I used to open the settings directly from the launcharg but now I'm unable to launch it form the nds file, Is there a way to do all of this without opening unlaunch? :/

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this was asked already, but I updated twilightmenu and deleted all my launcharg.
I just downloaded all the dsiware again but I wanted to know if there's a way to recover my saves and flipnotes, also I used to open the settings directly from the launcharg but now I'm unable to launch it form the nds file, Is there a way to do all of this without opening unlaunch? :/
To open System Settings without a launcharg, go into TWiLight Menu++ settings, then search for the System Settings option.

israelsaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
To open System Settings without a launcharg, go into TWiLight Menu++ settings, then search for the System Settings option.
That's neat, thank you. What about the other system apps like the camera? Also do you know if there's a way to recover my dsiware saves from commercial games and flipnote?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo