Gaming DS Games Of 2008 - Part Two

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking forward to a lot of these games, and isn't there going to be a third part?

The DS is going to be the best portable console for years to come, with a wide library of games.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking forward to a lot of these. Especially Metal Slug 7, Kirby Ultra Super Deluxe, Legend of Kage, Ninja Gaiden, Commando, and Populous. I don't know why developers think we need 5 million RPG's on the DS, but oh well as long as you kids like them.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its good to know that they are making another Rune Factor as I am playing it now and LOVE it...a bit easier than other Harvest Moons especially with the harvesting in caves but the sword forging and cooking and well all RPG elements have me HOOKED. Also good to know the game is buggy and it is not just my G6Real... was getting worried there.

I also play the Zoo Tycoon series on the PC yet found the DS version very MEH...then again I have yet to find a good sim game on the DS...

Love FFIV yet worried about the inherriting feature...stoked for including more story line as the original was fantastic.

Space Invaders Extreme is not extreme enough....

Oh hell too much to comment on...yet DS still seems to be the best gaming device for me right now! YAY DS

D

Deleted User

Wow, what a great amount of good games. I'm definitely looking forward to too many of those games and I'll for sure keep recommending the DS to the people I know.

Man this took fricking hours to do! I'm gonna order me a pizza.
Your hard work is very well appreciated Hadrian (even though I just had the time to read both topics). Thanks!
grog.gif

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, part 1 was decent, mostly because of the fleshlite comment,
but this, THIS is what I was waiting for. I found myself beside myself about 10 of the first 11 listings. I only wish I had just one of them to play right now. Then I wouldn't have to cheat on my DS with my PSP.

Plus, I have full reason to believe that Ninja Gaiden will be pushed to 2009.

Thanks Hrthdrian.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That stuff looks dissapointing.
Ninja Gaiden and the new Harvest Moon may be promising...but nothing that Nintendo has given a release date on looks like it's going to be very good.

DS has lost its magic, sorry to say
frown.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Ninja Gaiden and the new Harvest Moon may be promising...but nothing that Nintendo has given a release date on looks like it's going to be very good.

frown.gif

I hope you're kidding, but if you're not I really can't disagree with that enough. These sort of games are why I bought a DS in the first place. To me it looks like 2008 may be one of the best years the DS has had yet.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States

frown.gif

I hope you're kidding, but if you're not I really can't disagree with that enough. These sort of games are why I bought a DS in the first place. To me it looks like 2008 may be one of the best years the DS has had yet.

Mario Kart DS, Metroid, Super Mario 64, Tetris DS...

Those are the "good" games of DS.

Those are the ones a lot of people play and the games that Nintendo need to spit out more (the "good" ones like those, I mean)

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
Can anybody say year of the RPG/Strategy?

Pretty much everything on this list is one or the other... Still, it looks like a pretty good year.

Thanks for all the hard work and effort hadrian. You deserve more than just a pizza... Want some fries with that? xD

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Mysterious Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer DS - Could be OK, although I preferred Izuna over the Pokemon one.

The Legend of Kage 2 - What? Not familar with it.

Final Fantasy IV - Geez... Again? I just started playing the PS1 game on my "599 US DOLLAR" PS3.

Rune Factory 2 - No. Enough of sequels. Put the original game on Virtual Console and leave it alone, please. Many internets for when or if they do.
smile.gif

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Umm... All black costumes? I guess, seems kind of pointless to make another one.

Ys AND Ys II - Haven't played the series.

Space Invaders Extreme - Eh, wasn't part of that era.

Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness - Nooo! Not more sequels, I'm begging you.

Egg Monster Hero - Huh, really? I've been waiting years for the English version to quit being vaporware.

River King: Mystic Valley - No ida.

Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword - 10/10 if easier than the Xbox game, which was literally impossible for me. 0/10 otherwise.

ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat - Um...

Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice - Yay!

07 Commando - Looks cool. Contra turned out good, I have hopes for this.

Bangai-O Spirits - No clue, sorry.

Exit DS - Not many puzzle games lately...

Way In Dusk - What's this? A real third person shooter? Hmm...

Dungeon Explorer: Warriors of Ancient Arts - Don't know.

Eco Creatures : Save the Forest - What??

Fire Emblem (Temporary Title) - Yes!
biggrin.gif

Sonic & Mario At The Olympics - Sports? Eh...

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin / Dark Conflict - Worth a try.

Command & Destroy - Not really into RTS, though Revenant Wings and WH40K Dawn of War are alright.

Zoo Tycoon DS 2 - No.

FIFA Street 3 - Again, no.

New International Track & Field - I'm not too sure.

DS Air - They better translate it. I didn't play the Japanese one, hoping it'd come.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: The Sealed Grimoire - No, I am your father. Noooo! Can't stand 2D isometric games, regardless of genre. Disgaea did it the right way by having a 3D play field.

Viva Piñata - Hm... Kinda late, huh?

Top Gear: Downforce - This has been in development forever. I don't count on it being good.

Populous - Couldn't figure out the original game, didn't have a tutorial or anything if I recall.

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks once again Hadrian! 2008 looks like a great year for DS games, although I wish Nintendo would
release some more games.

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Those are the ones a lot of people play and the games that Nintendo need to spit out more (the "good" ones like those, I mean)

By quoting "good", you made the definition of "good" in your sentence even more ambiguous?

What do you mean by "good"? I think the games that you mentioned are excellent, solid games of their genre. I don't like any of them, though.
laugh.gif

The upcoming games look amazing to me. (I'm talking about the ones without release dates, though. Were those not included in your statement?)

By the way... The DS hasn't lost its magic. The DS still has all those old games, and great new games are still coming out for it. You might not be interested in them, but lots of other people are.

Ducky

QUACKJECTION!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
God! The DS Games devolpers are surprising me once agian! I thought that the time when Contra 4 + Call of duty 4 + Simpsons game + Many others..

I thought that was the only time the DS will have good games.. LIE!!!

DS GAMES ARE GONNA BE AWSOMEEEEEEEEEE

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil

frown.gif

I'm sure Nintendo has more games to show us on E3 or something.. The DS still has a long way to go..

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking forward to a lot of these games, and isn't there going to be a third part?

The DS is going to be the best portable console for years to come, with a wide library of games.
Well there was and then I thought sod it just put the rest in one. I may do another next year featuring whatever gets announced hopefully write up games like the 3rd DS Castlevania which has yet to have any info or screens.

Or perhaps I'll just bring back the "Coming Soon" thing I did in the weekly threads.

EDIT: Oh noes I forgot Halo DS!

rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol