Hacking DS Flash and other questions..

JesterDev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's been a long time since I've dealt with anything more then a GBA flashcard. I got the itch again so here I am. Anyway I have a few quick questions. The last time I looked into this the newer DS's where not compatible with the then current line of flashcarts (cards?). Is this still an issue or is it ok to just buy any DS/DSL?

About the pass me and flashing the DS firmware. I'm not going to attempt this just yet, but is the battery life drain really that bad?

Any if anyone has any suggestions on flashcards (i.e. which one(s) to buy, compatibility etc I would seriously appreciate it. Once again last time I looked into this there where some issues with playable games.

My ex's kids lost my DS. So I'm off to buy another next week so no hurry.

Edit: The SD cards - Looking at 1 gig, but just making sure that is 1 Gigabyte, not Gigbit right?

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant really tell you how much your batter will drain if you dont flash your ds, because the first thing i did when i got my passme2 was flash it. Its just more convinent to flash it , you dont have to worry about any malware that might run on your ds. You can have other things in the ds slot, like a legit copy of a game
smile.gif

since you probally have a gba cart already, you wont really need to buy one that thats great on compatability (assuming you have one)

Im a supercard person, so id suggest a supercard sd
smile.gif
about 99% of roms work on it , and has great homebrew support
smile.gif
the sc Lite/ mini sd might be a option for you too, if you dont like anything sticking out of your ds

JesterDev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the help. I have an EzFlash ( If I remember correctly). So GBA games wont be a problem.

Super card eh? I don't think I've looked into that one just yet. Been looking at the M3 because that's what I remember being all the rage awhile back - Going to have to look at the Supercard too.
smile.gif

I'm a bit nervous about flashing the DS... I've modded several console systems, but this seems a bit different. Is the success rate pretty high on this? I imagine it woud be otherwise there would be more warnings about it, but still.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Flashing an old NDS is pretty easy, I've seen almost no way to mess it up. however, new DSL have some see through metal that can brick your DSL. The NDS doesn't have that. I've flashed several NDS (and only NDS) with a drillbit that wasn't insulated. Worked every time, no bricks. DO NOT do that with a DSL, as chances of bricks are higher.

... why would you buy something for you're ex's kid. that's their problem (as i see it)

i'm not sure so (verification required) but flashcarts are the ones that look like cartridges, don't have removable memory, and are measured in Gb. NOT GB. Memory cards for flashcards are often in GB or MB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.