Gaming DS doesn't charge anymore :(

AdamBrunt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the above problem is fixable ?

Basically, my son dropped his DS this morning (not for the first time in his DS's lifetime) and now it refuses to charge unless the DS is open flat. As soon as the lid is closed, then the orange light goes off.

Whilst this is not a massive issue, and charging does still work, does anyone know if this could be fixed ?

TIA for any help.

Regards,

Adam Brunt

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure it isn't charging? It might still be charging just without the light showing. test this by draining the battery and then charging it when closed. If, after 10 minutes of charging, it can last for longer than say 10-15 minutes then it's problem just the LED that's broken.

Reactions: 1 person

AdamBrunt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Open it and fix whatever is broken.

If I had any idea how to do that I might do but at the moment I don't. I was simply asking if it something that was fixable.

Are you sure it isn't charging? It might still be charging just without the light showing. test this by draining the battery and then charging it when closed. If, after 10 minutes of charging, it can last for longer than say 10-15 minutes then it's problem just the LED that's broken.

But the LED comes on when the DS if flat but doesn't when it is closed.

D

Deleted-236924

Open it and fix whatever is broken.

If I had any idea how to do that I might do but at the moment I don't. I was simply asking if it something that was fixable.
How would you plan on fixing it without opening it?
And then, you could send it to Nintendo, but (I'm going to assume the warranty has ran out) it would cost money.
My friend had a basic hinge problem and Nintendo said they'd charge him $90 to repair it.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country

But the LED comes on when the DS if flat but doesn't when it is closed.

Yes, I see what you're saying. But it may be that when the DS closes it (for whatever reason) cuts off power / a connection to the LED. In fact, an easier way to test this (though may only be about 99% accurate) is to:

Turn the DS on
Close the lid
Check whether the (power) LED is flashing or not
Open the DS back up and check it is still turned on
Report back here with your findings.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Just call Nintendo and bitch to them about how their products are of shotty quality and how you're an undervalued customer and the person helping you will break down and give a free repair. :yaynds:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 229 steam games more than I thought