ROM Hack DS Auto Trainer Maker (DSATM)

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated. Had to work around the assembler bug by storing halfwords as longwords.. So much for optimization...
rolleyes.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
blink.gif

Nice work cracker
grog.gif

I take it with something like this the per game patches will become obsolete? Is it currently possible to go directly from asm->hook? (nope, don't mind me)

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arctic_flame said:
What was it?

It was a stupid error that changed the arm7.bin copy to address in the header to the address that the trainer function would be located at even if the trainer was embedded into the arm9.bin. The result was a consistently overwritten trainer function that appeared to be caused by the game's programming. One of those big duh moments.
wacko.gif

QUOTE(cory1492 @ Apr 13 2008, 08:04 PM)
blink.gif

Nice work cracker
grog.gif

I take it with something like this the per game patches will become obsolete? Is it currently possible to go directly from asm->hook? (nope, don't mind me)

Yeah that is the plan. I hope it will prove useful to many since there are so many requests for trainers and different people want different cheats for the same game, etc.

By going directly from asm->hook do you mean for a user to have DSATM inject their own arbitrary code into the game and then patch it up automatically for them? Yeah that could be done really easily.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cracker said:
By going directly from asm->hook do you mean for a user to have DSATM inject their own arbitrary code into the game and then patch it up automatically for them? Yeah that could be done really easily.
It's just a thought, I figured since it already uses arm-as and all... I just wasn't entirely sure it'd be within the scope of what you are aiming at and already doing (I have to admit, what it can do at this point boggles my creative processes.)

Basically my own use of it would be to hook some of my own code directly into arm7 to allow a binary copy of the arm7 data (to SRAM, in chunks when it's too big) after whatever loader loaded it and patched it (I've been able to do such things with arm9 without issues so far but hooking to arm7 had always derailed on me), but I'm sure there could be much better uses for such a method as well, bypassing basically going from asm->ar->asm->bin.

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
A trainer in the purest sense of the word is imo a patch that is applied to a ROM dump and features an added startup screen where predefined cheats can be switched on or off before starting the game itself. Ingame key combinations to enable/disable cheats are also common.

Trainers are usually made by scene release/trainer groups. There used to be quite a few trainers in the GBA days. Trainers for the DS are kind of obsolete because many flashcards offer Action Replay cheat support.

If I'm right crackers's app won't make a startup menu, but instead hard-patches selected cheats in the ROM dump, though key-combo's are possible.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jelbo said:
Wow, that GUI really has a professional look, unlike most DS related tools out there. Very cool and useful, thanks a lot for your hard work on this
smile.gif

Thanks. Placement with CreateWindow calls is a tedious job. (BTW if anyone knows of a tool that can convert a dialog resource into CreateWindow calls I would love to know about it.) Unfortunately the flow kind of fell apart at the end due to the hook/embed listboxes.

P

pasc

If I ONLY wanna use this tool to add slowmo to for example... super mario 64 DS, what do I have to do ? could anyone help me out ? I suck with that hook adress thingy, a tutorial would be much appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0