Dragon Quest XI announced

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm honestly quite surprised by this news. Its a very odd combination of platforms. If both are localized I wonder which I'll get. Maybe both if the gameplay is somewhat different.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I'm honestly quite surprised by this news. Its a very odd combination of platforms. If both are localized I wonder which I'll get. Maybe both if the gameplay is somewhat different.
I imagine the games will feel very different. You can watch the gameplay for the two versions already and see that the two versions will ultimately be fairly different games. On a basic level, of course, they'll both be DQ XI, share basic DQ elements, and otherwise, but the PS4 version seems to offer a pretty different experience to the 3DS one.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, for the PS4 it will be just another RPG. For the 3DS it stands to bring a refreshing experience.
The PS4 is amazingly low on worthwhile JRPGs. Honestly, last gen was pretty lacking for console JRPGs in general. Don't get me wrong, the 3DS library could use a boost. It hasn't gotten even a fifth of the RPG love that the DS got, but this is definitely a game to look out for on both. Each will offer a unique experience. The 3DS version compensates for the somewhat useless second screen for JRPGs by adding a second game view and will otherwise offer a more sixth gen Dragon Quest experience. The PS4 version uses the power available and makes up for the fact that we never got a main Dragon Quest on the PS3 by presenting a beautiful game that will offer all kinds of exploration and interactions in a huge, impressive world.

Although they will offer the same story, it's plain to see that the PS4 version will be the definitive version of the game, whereas the 3DS version will be a worthwhile experience in its own right for being a portable, full DQ experience that doesn't cut certain corners like DQIX did (like depriving you of a real party).

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They both look good to me. Although, the PS4 character looks kind of bright in comparison to everything else. They didn't show it, but I'm guessing the PS4 version will also be turn based.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
so now we know 2 games that will be coming to the NX
No we don't. Gamerzhell and Nathan already pointed out the obvious "is under consideration" (which basically means "it might" at the very best), and that other game you're refering to - project CARS, right? - isn't announced either. Those guys were hoping that the NX specs were revealed at E3. Since they weren't revealed, they're not saying anything.

Plattym3!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoping beyond hope for the localization of BOTH versions. I'd definitely pre-order both and play them both all the way! Very excited for this news!

Reactions: Haloman800

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah search Google