dude1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i hear that dpg is a modified mpeg1 file am i right?
well if so how is it different from a mpeg formated to fit a ds size of screen?
and are there any other video formats that a ds can play?
or can i convert a video file to a .dpg by hand (i hear it had modified headers or something around standard mpeg)

i ask because my main machine is a mac (dual g5) and i wont care if i need to convert it nd size it to fit on it because its a fast video encoder but dpg tools of any sort arnt ported to a mac yet
if not i have vpc what is the speed of it doing .dpg encoding? orin my living room i also have a 700mhz p3 satellite box would it be faster than vpc and what would a estimate be for speed

goretech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too have a dpg question... anyone able to get them to play on a PC for testing purpose? I can convert them fine but until I decide on a cart I want to see quality of playback on my PC.

So we need a dpg codec?
wink.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DPG is a standard MPEG file with a modified header as far as I am aware.

As for VPC it should not take that long if it works at all as MPEG is simple and you are doing a simple resize and encode 99% of the time.
Also there was another thread like this a little while back which may help in some way:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=34235&hl=mac

As for goretech's question: using the standard DPGtools package there is an app called dpgdec.exe, fire your .DPG through this and you can play it back. I hear some early versions of batchDPG may produce files that do not work with this though.

dude1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DPG is a standard MPEG file with a modified header as far as I am aware.

As for VPC it should not take that long if it works at all as MPEG is simple and you are doing a simple resize and encode 99% of the time.
Also there was another thread like this a little while back which may help in some way:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=34235&hl=mac

As for goretech's question: using the standard DPGtools package there is an app called dpgdec.exe, fire your .DPG through this and you can play it back. I hear some early versions of batchDPG may produce files that do not work with this though.
anyone know how to use that platform-independent header maker listed in that topic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Large creep