Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 839,493
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

garbanzox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use Decrypt9/Hourglass9 to dump an eshop game to CIA, does it contain any personally identifying information? Is it restricted to my console, or can it also be used on other consoles?

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use Decrypt9/Hourglass9 to dump an eshop game to CIA, does it contain any personally identifying information? Is it restricted to my console, or can it also be used on other consoles?

the application is only signed to be on your system (if you got it from the eshop) so if you wanted to install it like a legit cia, you can't. you would need CFW to install it. I don't think there is any personal information in it though.

grafate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@d0k3 In the Plaicet guide, I want to confirm that it has uneccesary steps. So when doing a ctrtransfer for 9.2, it has in "Section IV Restore config save". Isn't that part outdated or not needed?

When checking the logs for decrypt9, it shows that it dumps the 4 transfer files before the ctrtransfer, and then at step later, it injects the 4 backup transfer files. And the last one is the configsave file.

So I guess what I am asking is why does the guide have a section for restoring the config save again?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@d0k3, any way to run this from 2.1.0 using cubic ninja? Quite urgent.
I can only give you some hints... 2.1.0 / 2xrsa uses a different framebuffer (can't tell much about Cubic Ninja on 2.1.0), so that part would need changes in the source code. Also, not everything would work. Other than that, you will just have to replace the 2xrsa arm9.bin with the Decrypt9WIP.bin (rename, too, ofc).

Maybe OTPHelper has the functionality you need? Older releases of it still have full 2.1.0 compatibility.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Literally all I need is a way to restore my nand backup from cubic ninja, is that a possibility with what's currently available?
OTPHelper, or anything of you are on a9lh. But you would know if you just tried what I told you earlier.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there any reason not to just install a9lh? If not, just consult 3ds.guide. That also includes instructions to start software from 2.1.0.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any reason not to just install a9lh? If not, just consult 3ds.guide. That also includes instructions to start software from 2.1.0.
My touchscreens broken, i'm in the process of doing that, so to open otphelper, all i'd need to do is just replace the code.bin with otphelper?

Last edited by iAqua,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well... No idea how to go from there without touchscreen access. I'd suggest you ask around on #3dshacks on Rizon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po