Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 843,423
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I attempted to decrypt a CIA placed in the /D9Game folder, but no decrypted content is found in the SD card even though the app says decryption was successful.
assuming it said it decrypted it, the same CIA file is decrypted then. it doesn't rename, move, or copy the file. unless you're saying it didn't decrypt it at all?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
assuming it said it decrypted it, the same CIA file is decrypted then. it doesn't rename, move, or copy the file.
Now I understand what you mean. The output is still a .cia. It seems I mistook decryption from extraction. What I want is actually extract the CIA to edit the RomFS. Can I do this with Decrypt9?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I understand what you mean. The output is still a .cia. It seems I mistook decryption from extraction. What I want is actually extract the CIA to edit the RomFS. Can I do this with Decrypt9?
you would extract it on your computer now that it's decrypted.

if you don't mind using the command prompt/terminal, you can check out my guide on extracting CIAs. if you try it out, tell me if it works for you or if you need help.

there is also something like Pack Hack, though I haven't used it (I think it's using outdated binaries as well).

Reactions: WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
you would extract it on your computer now that it's decrypted.

if you don't mind using the command prompt/terminal, you can check out my guide on extracting CIAs. if you try it out, tell me if it works for you or if you need help.

there is also something like Pack Hack, though I haven't used it (I think it's using outdated binaries as well).
Do I need to re-encrypt a decrypted CIA if I want to install it?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help. Is there an option to dump individual tickets or extract them from a ticket.db?
for extracting/dumping individual tickets, I don't know of any tools that do that right now. FunkyCIA (not to be confused with FunKeyCIA) reads the ticket.db to download games inside of it and whatnot but I don't think it dumps tickets. what are you trying to do?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
for extracting/dumping individual tickets, I don't know of any tools that do that right now. FunkyCIA (not to be confused with FunKeyCIA) reads the ticket.db to download games inside of it and whatnot but I don't think it dumps tickets. what are you trying to do?
I'm trying to edit a legit purchased game and see if the ticket changes in the process.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to edit a legit purchased game and see if the ticket changes in the process.
when rebuilding the CIA, a ticket with a random titlekey is generated. I don't know if it replaces the existing installed ticket.

what you can do however is delete the ticket with FBI, then open the eshop, which will re-install the proper ticket for your purchased game. it won't delete the installed game or anything (it will just be unusable until the ticket is reinstalled).

Reactions: WiiUBricker

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry, but the new font is horrible oO
1468959531-d9.png

Last edited by Asia81,

Spiderman8081

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have dumped several 3DS games successfully. When i go to dump (ser # on back, AGGEY40221, "Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon"). I get

Cartridge ID: FFFFFFFF
Error reading cart NCCH header
Dump Cart (trim): failed!

also, if i do full dump, i get the same thing saying full instead of trim.

rebooted several times. Cleaned cartridge as well.
I'm using Decrypt9WIP (2016/06/26)

any suggestions on how to fix this?

Last edited by Spiderman8081,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@d0k3

Remember back in late January, all your tools were not working properly with the browser exploit? (Cakehax issue)
Well guess what, the problem is back again with all the tools (The 3 I have .dat for are D9, E9 & GM9.. But I'm guessing all the tools have the same problem)

Back then I was able to test earlier releases and identify exactly when the problem started happening, and since the UI versions were based on yours, it existed in that version as well). I did not test older releases now. I can do that when I wake up if you want.

However, I can say the E9 UI (updated 18th April), and D9 UI (updated 27th June) work fine and do not have this problem. Since it's based on yours, I think it's same to assume that this problem started appearing late June or July.

Hope that helps :)

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry, but the new font is horrible oO
1468959531-d9.png
you can get the original one back when building it using "make FONT=ORIG".
Aw, come on. A lot of people like it. I already decided that the next release will contain both versions, though (original and 6x10 font). As an added bonus, there is also a third font, available with make FONT=ACORN.

I have dumped several 3DS games successfully. When i go to dump (ser # on back, AGGEY40221, "Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon"). I get

Cartridge ID: FFFFFFFF
Error reading cart NCCH header
Dump Cart (trim): failed!

also, if i do full dump, i get the same thing saying full instead of trim.

rebooted several times. Cleaned cartridge as well.
I'm using Decrypt9WIP (2016/06/26)

any suggestions on how to fix this?
You're not the first one with this issue, but this issue is rare. As a matter of fact, to solve it, we may need someone to donate (not saying you should, we might find another way) an affected cartridge so that it can be debugged.

@d0k3

Remember back in late January, all your tools were not working properly with the browser exploit? (Cakehax issue)
Well guess what, the problem is back again with all the tools (The 3 I have .dat for are D9, E9 & GM9.. But I'm guessing all the tools have the same problem)

Back then I was able to test earlier releases and identify exactly when the problem started happening, and since the UI versions were based on yours, it existed in that version as well). I did not test older releases now. I can do that when I wake up if you want.

However, I can say the E9 UI (updated 18th April), and D9 UI (updated 27th June) work fine and do not have this problem. Since it's based on yours, I think it's same to assume that this problem started appearing late June or July.

Hope that helps :)

Yeah, I have an idea... I think that started happening when ctrulib got updated. It is very likely this broke CakeHax (I can't test myself, only N3DS). If that is the case, things are not looking good. @mid-kid would have to look into that entrypoint. One thing you could do is going back to the commit before D9 was updated for ctrulib. Problem here is, you will need an older ctrulib to compile, too.

EDIT: And I have to take back what I just wrote. CakeHax does not use ctrulib... Can you tell me what CakeHax entrypoints you tried and on what consoles? Browser? MSET? CakeBrah? Also, I am a bit clueless right now.

Last edited by d0k3,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Aw, come on. A lot of people like it. I already decided that the next release will contain both versions, though (original and 6x10 font). As an added bonus, there is also a third font, available with make FONT=ACORN.
Lol, I honestly think this new font is horrible as well. The old one was good. Why the change?

Yeah, I have an idea... I think that started happening when ctrulib got updated. It is very likely this broke CakeHax (I can't test myself, only N3DS). If that is the case, things are not looking good. @mid-kid would have to look into that entrypoint. One thing you could do is going back to the commit before D9 was updated for ctrulib. Problem here is, you will need an older ctrulib to compile, too.

EDIT: And I have to take back what I just wrote. CakeHax does not use ctrulib... Can you tell me what CakeHax entrypoints you tried and on what consoles? Browser? MSET? CakeBrah? Also, I am a bit clueless right now.
I'm trying it through the browser exploit on a 9.2 system.

I'll try to narrow it down to see when this started happening a bit later

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@d0k3

I just tested the latest release, and the .dat worked fine with the browser.

Since the last release, there has been 15 commits, so something in these commits broke it.
I compiled commit ec1d089 and the .dat was not working.

So either commit ce0e471, a02de0e, or ec1d089 broke it. I can't test the earlier 2 since it requires an older ctrulib to compile because of the libkhax issue.

So yeah, narrowed down to 3 commits. Hope that helps :)

Edit: This is for D9 btw. I assume once you can pinpoint the issue, you'll be able to figure it out across all other tools

Last edited by Madridi,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lol, I honestly think this new font is horrible as well. The old one was good. Why the change?
It does look better in the console, and just take a look at the new font in GM9. It looks absolutely great there. If more people dislike the new font, I might make the original one the default in D9 again, though.
@d0k3

I just tested the latest release, and the .dat worked fine with the browser.

Since the last release, there has been 15 commits, so something in these commits broke it.
I compiled commit ec1d089 and the .dat was not working.

So either commit ce0e471, a02de0e, or ec1d089 broke it. I can't test the earlier 2 since it requires an older ctrulib to compile because of the libkhax issue.

So yeah, narrowed down to 3 commits. Hope that helps :)

Edit: This is for D9 btw. I assume once you can pinpoint the issue, you'll be able to figure it out across all other tools
Thanks a ton for this! And this means, the issue is actually in CakeHax or ctrulib, cause none of the other changes could have caused it. If you use your current ctrulib to compile the last release yourself - will it work? If not we will have it at least pinpointed to ctrulib.

Reactions: Madridi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1