Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 846,214
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For CN, the exheader is not automatically recognized with the xorpad way too.
Yeah, that's what I thought. The problem may be in 3DS builder, I don't know. I guess the xorpad - decrypted version and title decryptor decrypted version is identical then? Anyways, looking good so far :).

key1340

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying lots of different games and they seem good need some more testing.

The only thing that has failed so far is 9.6 seed crypto.I get this

Crypto Flags: 7x Seed
Failed!

It doesn't even try to decrypt now.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have been trying lots of different games and they seem good need some more testing.

The only thing that has failed so far is 9.6 seed crypto.I get this

Failed!

It doesn't even try to decrypt now.
I assume you have a seeddb.bin with the correct seed? If not there should be an error message anyways. I'll check this, I'm pretty sure it is just somethign small.

EDIT: already found it. There was a stray 'return 1' in the code because seed decryption was stumped before. That makes release #3 for today :D. Just give me a sec.

key1340

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you have a seeddb.bin with the correct seed? If not there should be an error message anyways. I'll check this, I'm pretty sure it is just somethign small.

Yes i have decrypted it with xorpads fine.with the old version it would do

Decrypting ExtHeader
Decrypting ExeFS
Failed!

now just

Failed!

key1340

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yep that works.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@d0k3

I have now tested 3ds cartridge,3ds eshop,old ncch,new ncch,9.6 seed and n3ds only games.From 128 MB to 4 GB.

And have been able to decrypt them all fine.

The only things i had were Cubic Ninja and Xenoblade ExHeader were not automatically recognized in 3DS Builder.

Thank for all your work on Decrypt9.

Reactions: d0k3

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yep that works.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@d0k3

I have now tested 3ds cartridge,3ds eshop,old ncch,new ncch,9.6 seed and n3ds only games.From 128 MB to 4 GB.

And have been able to decrypt them all fine.

The only things i had were Cubic Ninja and Xenoblade ExHeader were not automatically recognized in 3DS Builder.

Thank for all your work on Decrypt9.

For CN, the exheader is not automatically recognized with the xorpad way too.

Thanks a ton for all the testing (that goes to everyone)! The Cubic Ninja ExHeader is not recognized in 3DS Builder even if you decrypt the old way (with xorpads). That is some strange problem. If you could find a CN ExHeader that works, I can look into it and maybe find the reason. For now, I have to assume that the problem lies in 3DS Builders database.

If you should find anything else that doesn't work properly, just let me know and I'll try to find the reason.

key1340

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@d0k3

I have had some more time to test the title decryptor.

With the 9.6 seed game p&d z demo the icon.bin is corrupt and the resulting cia is not shown on the home menu.I crc checked the files with the xorpad decrypted files,And they all match minus the icon.bin.

I haven't look at any other games yet.But i will now.

EDIT
Just test old ncch game and all files from title decryptor version and xorpad decrypted version crc match.

Last edited by key1340,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@d0k3

I have had some more time to test the title decryptor.

With the 9.6 seed game p&d z demo the icon.bin is corrupt and the resulting cia is not shown on the home menu.I crc checked the files with the xorpad decrypted files,And they all match minus the icon.bin.

I haven't look at any other games yet.But i will now.

EDIT
Just test old ncch game and all files from title decryptor version and xorpad decrypted version crc match.
The icon.bin doesn't match for the P&D Z demo... But it works with the xorpad? That's pretty strange. Normally, only one file in ExeFS uses the seed crypto / 7x crypto - the .code. This sounds like the icon.bin should have used the seed as well. You generated the xorpads via Decrypt9 and used MEX.py to merge, correct?

key1340

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes xorpad version works fine.Put the icon.bin from xorpad version in to title decryptor version and it works fine.I can start the title decryptor version from devmenu.

And yes i generated the xorpads via Decrypt9 and used MEX.py to merge.

EDIT

I Just test new ncch game and the icon and the banner don't match.

I don't know if it's me or the title decryptor.

EDIT

It cant be me just straight converting the title decryptor version to cia and it doesn't show.But works launched from devmenu.

Last edited by key1340,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes xorpad version works fine.Put the icon.bin from xorpad version in to title decryptor version and it works fine.I can start the title decryptor version from devmenu.

And yes i generated the xorpads via Decrypt9 and used MEX.py to merge.

EDIT

I Just test new ncch game and the icon and the banner don't match.

I don't know if it's me or the title decryptor.

EDIT

It cant be me just straight converting the title decryptor version to cia and it doesn't show.But works launched from devmenu.
Okay, I took a look, but still a bit clueless. The icon should show up even if your system doesn't support the seed crypto. You say everything else is correct, the banner, too?

key1340

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes everything is the same minus icon.bin on p&d z demo.And on new ncch game it was the icon and the banner.

Was it different for you as well ?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes everything is the same minus icon.bin on p&d z demo.And on new ncch game it was the icon and the banner.

Was it different for you as well ?
I guess I'll need to check this out tomorrow. I also need to figure out how to use xorpads for ncch decryption first, to be honest :).

The problem is specific to the Puzzles and Dragons demo, though, correct? It doesn't happen with any other title? Plus, you got different results decrypting the same game? I need to figure out what's special about that, no idea yet.

By the way, the NCCH xorpad generator routines cannot handle specific cases yet - those with seed crypto but without 7x crypto. The title decryptor can, though. Just so you know. That was the case with that Pony game.

key1340

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'll need to check this out tomorrow. I also need to figure out how to use xorpads for ncch decryption first, to be honest :).

The problem is specific to the Puzzles and Dragons demo, though, correct? It doesn't happen with any other title? Plus, you got different results decrypting the same game? I need to figure out what's special about that, no idea yet.

By the way, the NCCH xorpad generator routines cannot handle specific cases yet - those with seed crypto but without 7x crypto. The title decryptor can, though. Just so you know. That was the case with that Pony game.

It happen with pokemon shuffle as well but it was the icon and the banner.That game needs 9.3 NATIVE_FIRM to boot.

Yes i'm decrypting the same game.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It happen with pokemon shuffle as well but it was the icon and the banner.That game needs 9.3 NATIVE_FIRM to boot.

Yes i'm decrypting the same game.
And Pokemon Shuffle, too, works when using xorpads? I might have an idea, but I need to completely figure out that later.

key1340

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright... But just so I got that right... This is not specific to seed crypto games, correct? For now just these two? Also, are you using a O3DS or N3DS to decrypt and which FW are you on?

PM is 7.x ncch + needs 9.3 NATIVE_FIRM.P&D is 7.x ncch + needs 9.6 seed.

I'm using N3DS 9.2 fw

I'm just trying a normal 7.x ncch game now.

EDIT

normal 7.x ncch game sonic boom icon and banner different.

So old ncch everything same

new ncch icon and banner different

9.6 seed icon and banner different

EDIT

Just done pokemon shuffle with rxTools title decryptor and the icon and banner match the Decrypt9 xorpad ones.

EDIT

Just redone P&D Z demo and it was the icon and banner.But only the icon was needed to make it show up.

Last edited by key1340,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/h7XaTWz8zSU?si=J_9Ia9ZigxNht2Z1