Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 845,091
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@d0k3

Here is the info from O3DS CTRNAND

Thank you!

Can I launch decrypt9 via gatewaycard and CubicNinja.3ds ?
You just need Cubic Ninja.

How can I get a seeddb.bin on a N3DS and without Firmware 9.6 or EmuNAND?
You can't. Ask someone for help, but not here. Copyrighted stuff ;).

@everyone:
I'm currently thinking about getting rid of the system titles dumper. Is that even useful for anything? In any case, it dumps so much crap, and you would probably be better off just dumping the whole CTRNAND partition, mounting that and getting from there the stuff you need. If the the system titles dumper should stay, I guess at least soem kind of filtering would make sense.

Anyways, are you actually using the system titles dumper and what for? Should it stay or should it go?

DJPlayer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can't. Ask someone for help, but not here. Copyrighted stuff ;).
Okay, thanks for the Info :/
Possibly someone is reading this post and could me help with this per PM?
And possibly someone could tell me per PM *How I can Get this file*? ;)

No Joke, I really want to extract the romfs of some 9.6-crypto games but I only have a N3DS with FIrmware 9.2 :(

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, thanks for the Info :/
Possibly someone is reading this post and could me help with this per PM?
And possibly someone could tell me per PM *How I can Get this file*? ;)

No Joke, I really want to extract the romfs of some 9.6-crypto games but I only have a N3DS with FIrmware 9.2 :(
Just one thing for you to know, there is no such thing as 'the' seeddb.bin file. The seeddb.bin file is a database, which contains seeds for several games. Even if you would have a 'complete' seeddb.bin file (for all games) now, more games with seed crypto are still coming and the seeddb.bin file would need to be updated. It get's even worse, as each 3DS system only has the seeds for the games that are installed on it, so it's almost impossible to get a 'complete' seeddb.bin on your own. You already know SEEDconv, btw? https://gbatemp.net/threads/download-seedconv-seeddb-bin-generator-for-use-with-decrypt9.392856/

DJPlayer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just one thing for you to know, there is no such thing as 'the' seeddb.bin file. The seeddb.bin file is a database, which contains seeds for several games. Even if you would have a 'complete' seeddb.bin file (for all games) now, more games with seed crypto are still coming and the seeddb.bin file would need to be updated. It get's even worse, as each 3DS system only has the seeds for the games that are installed on it, so it's almost impossible to get a 'complete' seeddb.bin on your own. You already know SEEDconv, btw? https://gbatemp.net/threads/download-seedconv-seeddb-bin-generator-for-use-with-decrypt9.392856/
I already know SEEDconv but I need a 3DS with Firmware 9.6 or higher, or not?
Get the file at nand:/data/<console-unique>/sysdata/0001000f/00000000 (only available on FW 9.6, thus only available with a hardmod or on EmuNAND)
It's bad that I don't own a 3DS with Firmware 9.6 or EmuNAND...
Right now, I need a way to decrypt and extract Cube Creator 3D :/ (just need the romfs)

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm now 100% sure that's decrypt9 is safer than Gateway's Launcher.dat to make a nand backup !
Also big thanks to @d0k3 & @Shadowtrance for their work that's saved another user's life again ^^
I have successfully installed rxTools on my 1.21GB NAND 2DS.
Follow the steps of @pakrett.

Backup NAND using Decrypt9, it will be 943MB (Backup using GW will be 1.21GB - Idk why?)
Format emuNAND using my O3DS which is 943MB NAND (format emuNAND using 2DS will be 1.21GB partition) then inject Decrypt9's NAND backup to it.

It works :D
It is. We won't need Decrypt9 to use rxTools. The thing is that my 2DS has something wrong inside of it. GW might detect the NAND in wrong way. After backing up or format emuNAND, the after size of the NAND backup and emuNAND partition is 1.21GB while the rest of 2DS has 943 or 950MB in size. That's why I use Decrypt9 to back NAND up, it will dump a right size of 2DS's NAND (943MB), then inject the right NAND to formatted emuNAND's SD (using GW on O3DS).

Reactions: thaikhoa and d0k3

DJPlayer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it possible to create EmuNAND with Decrypt9 on New3DS?
Is there a way to update this EmuNAND (don't need to use it after it) and update it so I can get the needed files for seeddb.bin?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to create EmuNAND with Decrypt9 on New3DS?
Is there a way to update this EmuNAND (don't need to use it after it) and update it so I can get the needed files for seeddb.bin?
No, Decrypt9 does not and most likely will never support EmuNAND. The only way to be able to extract seeds from a N3DS is a hardmod. Also, keep in mind that you need to have the titles installed for which you want to extract the seeds. SO, just updating to 9.6+ is not enough.

DJPlayer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, Decrypt9 does not and most likely will never support EmuNAND. The only way to be able to extract seeds from a N3DS is a hardmod. Also, keep in mind that you need to have the titles installed for which you want to extract the seeds. SO, just updating to 9.6+ is not enough.
urgh, NandMod a N3DS (non XL) is a bit to hard for me, I guess...
Even If I create a EmuNAND with Gateway Launcher, I'm not able to get the seeddb.bin from it?
I've the Game installed which I want to decrypt and extract.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
urgh, NandMod a N3DS (non XL) is a bit to hard for me, I guess...
Even If I create a EmuNAND with Gateway Launcher, I'm not able to get the seeddb.bin from it?
I've the Game installed which I want to decrypt and extract.
Can you update EmuNAND on GW / N3DS to 9.6.0+? And, if you've already got the game installed, how come it works and needs seed crypto, if you are on 9.2.0? By the way, stuff relating to the seeddb.bin should better be discussed in the SEEDconv thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/download-seedconv-seeddb-bin-generator-for-use-with-decrypt9.392856/

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
@everyone:
I'm currently thinking about getting rid of the system titles dumper. Is that even useful for anything? In any case, it dumps so much crap, and you would probably be better off just dumping the whole CTRNAND partition, mounting that and getting from there the stuff you need. If the the system titles dumper should stay, I guess at least soem kind of filtering would make sense.

Anyways, are you actually using the system titles dumper and what for? Should it stay or should it go?

I personally don't use it, or really find it useful to be honest. Plus as you said it dumps a lot of crap. There may be situations where it comes in handy, can't think of any atm. But yeah maybe some filtering of some sort or just removing it altogether. I dunno...

Reactions: d0k3

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
... and we have a new release! And yes, it includes the thing that some of you have been eagerly anticipating.

Important changes in this version:
  • You can now automagically decrypt game backups (seed crypto not implemented yet, though)
  • System Titles Dumper disabled - this has no valid uses
  • Launcher.dat is no more included. There's a problem with that that I still need to fix.
  • Various minor improvements and bug fixes
The title decryptor should handle everything that you have been using the NCCH xorpad generator in the past for, except the new seed crypto (don't worry, seed crypto will be finished soon). This still needs testing. I so far tried only with the Cubic Ninja backup (everything looks fine), but testing with 7x crypto roms (on N3DS / O3DS) is also required, plus in general it makes sense to test it with more roms and to verify the output. Always have additional copies of your game backups available when testing the title decryptor.

Keep in mind, titles that you want decrypted go to Decrypt9/D9titles (I might change that later). Also, files will be overwritten with their decrypted version, and decryption is not reversible, at least not with Decrypt9.

The System Title Dumper is a feature that was used by basically no one (at least it looks to my like that). In this release, it is only disabled. If you want it back, write here in thread and tell me what you are using it for (so that maybe I can add in some filtering before reenabling it). If no one wants it back, I will remove the code by the next release.

And the launcher.dat... I'm not happy with it, but somehow only Brahma gives us access to the permissions that allow decrypting the TWLNAND. I could either remove TWLNAND decryption or remove the launcher.dat, and for now I chose the latter. I'm still searching for a solution, though.

Anyways, have fun testing the new feature and give me some feedback :).

Last edited by d0k3,
Reactions: kactusss

AquaX101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... and we have a new release! And yes, it includes the thing that some of you have been eagerly anticipating.

• You can now automagically decrypt game backups (seed crypto not implemented yet, though)
  • Launcher.dat is no more included. There's a problem with that that I still need to fix.
The title decryptor should handle everything that you have been using the NCCH xorpad generator in the past for, except the new seed crypto (don't worry, seed crypto will be finished soon). This still needs testing. I so far tried only with the Cubic Ninja backup (everything looks fine), but testing with 7x crypto roms (on N3DS / O3DS) is also required, plus in general it makes sense to test it with more roms and to verify the output. Always have additional copies of your game backups available when testing the title decryptor.

Keep in mind, titles that you want decrypted go to Decrypt9/D9titles (I might change that later). Also, files will be overwritten with their decrypted version, and decryption is not reversible, at least not with Decrypt9.

The System Title Dumper is a feature that was used by basically no one (at least it looks to my like that). In this release, it is only disabled. If you want it back, write here in thread and tell me what you are using it for (so that maybe I can add in some filtering before reenabling it). If no one wants it back, I will remove the code by the next release.

And the launcher.dat... I'm not happy with it, but somehow only Brahma gives us access to the permissions that allow decrypting the TWLNAND. I could either remove TWLNAND decryption or remove the launcher.dat, and for now I chose the latter. I'm still searching for a solution, though.

doesn't work with ninjhax 2.0 on 9.8, correct?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country

So I've done some testing of the rom decryption...
I first tried pokemon alpha sapphire, failed straight away (i didn't have enough space free, expected that)
then i did yoshi's new island, completed no probelm.
then i tried harvest moon the lost valley, fails straight away, could not open D9titles/ folder. Weird. Yes the folder is present and the game is in the folder. :)
And that's it so far.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I've done some testing of the rom decryption...
I first tried pokemon alpha sapphire, failed straight away (i didn't have enough space free, expected that)
then i did yoshi's new island, completed no probelm.
then i tried harvest moon the lost valley, fails straight away, could not open D9titles/ folder. Weird. Yes the folder is present and the game is in the folder. :)
And that's it so far.
Thanks for testing! I think I'll use /Decrypt9 for this as workdirectory too, maybe that fixes it. Other than that, there is a possibility that the file io routines have trouble with spaces inside of file names. Could that be the reason?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure, pokemon had spaces in it (but failed because of the lack of free space), yoshi had spaces and completed no problem, harvest moon was just short (avmp.3ds) and it just fails as i said above. So i have no idea.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure, pokemon had spaces in it (but failed because of the lack of free space), yoshi had spaces and completed no problem, harvest moon was just short (avmp.3ds) and it just fails as i said above. So i have no idea.
Yeah, I think the directory handling routines might be not the best. Anyways, I haven't written it earlier, but the title decrypter can batch process multiple files. It should only stop once it has checked and / or decompressed all files in the folder. BTW, did you also check if the decrypted output is correct? It is pretty difficult putting safety/checker routines in there that also makes sense, so there are almost none.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I think the directory handling routines might be not the best. Anyways, I haven't written it earlier, but the title decrypter can batch process multiple files. It should only stop once it has checked and / or decompressed all files in the folder. BTW, did you also check if the decrypted output is correct? It is pretty difficult putting safety/checker routines in there that also makes sense, so there are almost none.
Yeah the one that completed was decrypted fine, was able to extract everything from no problem.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, new release. This is mainly to improve the CTR Title Decryptor.
  • Implemented seed crypto
  • Hopefully fixed directory parsing
  • Improved the onscreen output
This should now handle everything that NCCH padgen does (and without using Python scripts and xorpads, of course). Seed crypto and 7x crypto is implemented. Game backups still go to /Decrypt9/D9titles. Everything else still goes into /Decrypt9. Looking forward to you opinions!

As for the decision of keeping it inside the D9titles subdir: As you know, the title decryptor checks all files inside a directory, and - if detected as NCCH/NCSD container - overwrites files with their decrypted versions. While it has a fairly reliable detection for decryptable stuff, false positives are possible. Mixing that with your regular files is dangerous, and so it is better to keep it contained.

Last edited by d0k3,
Reactions: kactusss

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A