Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, okay. Didn't understand how sysupdater worked with directly downgrading. Thanks.

When would someone gain direct arm9 or arm11 access? Would certain 3ds games need direct access? If so, couldn't we inject said games and hijack from there, just like the good old ps2 days with elfloader and such?

Running unsigned code period requires either arm9 or arm11 access via an exploit. Running 3ds games that you do not own the official cart for (or that you did not legally purchase off of the eshop) requires an arm9 exploit to remove the signature checks done when launching those titles.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I already know that this needs a hardmod. I sacrified my ds to find out if this would work, as in a previous thread I was the one who instigated all this madness. What I'm saying is that we would need to find an exploit to write to the nand so the general mass could use this, or a variation of it.

yeah, arm11 exploit. sorry for my wording ;P I'm new to the software scheme of things.

A video tutorial would help a lot of people, even if they have a proper understanding and/or have a general idea. Most guides are interpreted in an odd way for most people, including me. A video would display the steps in a way that is universal.
I make video tutorials for everything, so I will do one. I am ordering my Arduino and other equipment. However, i dont know what the micro sd adapter is used for...

fuducker81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand. What I'm asking is if physical 3ds games require direct arm9/arm11 support. If so, we could always try the back in the day solution of swapping a game while it's running (in this case do it while the ds is in sleep mode, and run a fake version of that game with injected code.

With the ps2, you would swap a game (using 007: Agent Under Fire) and swap it with an identical copy, except it has elfloader on it, to where whatever you needed is loaded in ram, and any option you chose would load up elfloader, and through that, you would use unsigned code.

With a ds, wouldn't the process be similar, to the fact is that you make a fake cartridge and use it to swap an original copy with injected code , at lets say the main menu, in sleep mode, then open it up, and select a menu?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand. What I'm asking is if physical 3ds games require direct arm9/arm11 support. If so, we could always try the back in the day solution of swapping a game while it's running (in this case do it while the ds is in sleep mode, and run a fake version of that game with injected code.

With the ps2, you would swap a game (using 007: Agent Under Fire) and swap it with an identical copy, except it has elfloader on it, to where whatever you needed is loaded in ram, and any option you chose would load up elfloader, and through that, you would use unsigned code.

With a ds, wouldn't the process be similar, to the fact is that you make a fake cartridge and use it to swap an original copy with injected code , at lets say the main menu, in sleep mode, then open it up, and select a menu?

This would not work as the game is already loaded and will error out (and likely cause you to reboot the system iirc) when you eject it. This worked for the PS1/2 (and the superslim ps3) because opening the tray and stopping the disc did not interrupt the code running, it just caused it to stall and wait for you to close the tray and spin the disc back up.

fuducker81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would putting the ds in sleep mode then switching up the game with an almost identical copy keep it from ceasing up? I recall doing something similar on my original ds; not sure if it would be the same.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would putting the ds in sleep mode then switching up the game with an almost identical copy keep it from ceasing up? I recall doing something similar on my original ds; not sure if it would be the same.

The INSTANT you remove the cartridge it will lock up. Not to mention the potential risk of dmg to the game or save.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just tested it just to be sure (ejected and reinserted the same game), and as soon as I open the screen back up i get "The game card was removed. Please press HOME to return to the Home Menu." Pressing HOME then reboots the console.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The INSTANT you remove the cartridge it will lock up. Not to mention the potential risk of dmg to the game or save.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just tested it just to be sure (ejected and reinserted the same game), and as soon as I open the screen back up i get "The game card was removed. Please press HOME to return to the Home Menu." Pressing HOME then reboots the console.

It actually didn't do that when the system was first released. Wonder if they thought to patch it in for this reason?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It actually didn't do that when the system was first released. Wonder if they thought to patch it in for this reason?

I've always known it to bitch about the game cart being removed. As for the reboot, I think its just a soft reboot.

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmmm... what if we modify the native firm localized in the update partition of a rom, say, spoof the one from firmware <=10.3? then we just could put that back into a 3ds rom and put it on a sky3ds? just an idea

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The instructions have been updated and fixed. Mods, if the way I have directed users to the firmware files is still not allowed tell me and I'll remove the link.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so 10.5 downgrade possible? pls i use and 3ds look liao

attachment.php

pls 3ds cost 3500$ in my country

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone knows a person who can hardmod a n3dsxl in the US? Really don't wanna screw up my 3ds by soldering. To scared to do it myself :ha:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum