'Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragons' announced

double dragon.png

A new Double Dragon title is kicking its way onto PC and consoles soon! Developer Secret Base announced the upcoming co-operative beat ‘em up title Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragons and aired a trailer for the game:

New York City in the year 199X: the city has been devastated by nuclear war. Its citizens fight for survival as riots, crime and chaos flood the streets. Criminal gangs terrorize what remains as they vie for dominance. Unwilling to endure these conditions any longer, young Billy and Jimmy Lee take it upon themselves to reclaim their city.

Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragons gives players incredible, seamless tag team abilities and a multitude of strategies for devastating combos, defensive and offensive moves across the game’s 13 unique playable characters.

Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragons will feature new and returning cast, and will support two-player local co-op. The game is slated for a release this summer on PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS4 and PS5.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My unpopular opinion; Double Dragon has always sucked in every iteration it's ever had, and there's always been a better equivalent experience available on the same platform. And yes, I'm old enough to have played the OG DD in arcades... by Double Dragon Neo I gave up expecting them to actually be worthy of the near universal praise they usually receive.

Reactions: MightySashiman

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My unpopular opinion; Double Dragon has always sucked in every iteration it's ever had, and there's always been a better equivalent experience available on the same platform. And yes, I'm old enough to have played the OG DD in arcades... by Double Dragon Neo I gave up expecting them to actually be worthy of the near universal praise they usually receive.
My nostalgia for this game is so strong that I can't go a week without firing up the original arcade version. The really weird thing is that I still have the same awe for the graphics that I had back then as a teen. I also love the music, so when I heard it in this trailer it got me excited.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry you don't have friends that like to come over. Many of us do.
don't get me started.... on my RL trauma. on top of the Steam Version added online to double dragon neon and hell even pang adventure's did also for steam. i'm sorry but the best newer DD game is Neon it felt so perfect to me IMO... but the grinding to power everything up was so....

Reactions: Pseudo99

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the day's of local play are FUCKING OVER!!! there should be rule to add online or GTFO. who cares how long it's delayed just add online dang nab it. and has my avatar say's i'll be keeping my money. (unless it's 10 dollars)
Honestly I get more upset when something is only online. There have been so many instances where I can't play a game with someone I'm in the same room with.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I get more upset when something is only online. There have been so many instances where I can't play a game with someone I'm in the same room with.

it SHOULD have both online and offline at least IMO but it's only local and you heard me bitch about that all ready so yeah....

diezel4eva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I'll just stick to playing Double Dragon Advance . . . Not that it's a bad game, just one of the better ones in the years history . . . Which is also kind of sad when you think about how many years since it came out, and how many platforms and company's could've picked this series up and did something awesome with it (looking at you Capcom) Nah- but seriously, Billy and Jimmy in a Street Fighter game as dlc characters, c'mon! 😏

Reactions: Mike_77712

Pseudo99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't get me started.... on my RL trauma. on top of the Steam Version added online to double dragon neon and hell even pang adventure's did also for steam. i'm sorry but the best newer DD game is Neon it felt so perfect to me IMO... but the grinding to power everything up was so....

Neon is amazing. I've beaten it a few times and still go back and play it occasionally.

Reactions: DJPlace

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
the day's of local play are FUCKING OVER!!! there should be rule to add online or GTFO. who cares how long it's delayed just add online dang nab it. and has my avatar say's i'll be keeping my money. (unless it's 10 dollars)
I think online sucks ass. Gimme a good ol' local co-op story all day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste