deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ohh.. this thread brings back so much memories.
Most games were already mentioned, I tried not to name duplicates but at least one person named each game I was thinking of.

But it looks like there's no love for Jungle Jill series? Probably Commander Keen was too great to have Jill on the list.

Also there's one game I really liked but don't remember the title.
It was on a single 5.25" floppy disk. Genre is platformer, the main character throws daggers straight across, but upgrades allow you to throw multiple daggers 3 way and stuff. There were fireball spitting skulls on walls, I don't remember any other enemies. The first stage was inside a castle.

I was so sure that the title was GOD, or maybe God but gamefaqs search gave me neither.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
deathfisaro said:
Most games were already mentioned, I tried not to name duplicates but at least one person named each game I was thinking of.

But it looks like there's no love for Jungle Jill series? Probably Commander Keen was too great to have Jill on the list.

It was on a single 5.25" floppy disk. Genre is platformer, the main character throws daggers straight across, but upgrades allow you to throw multiple daggers 3 way and stuff. There were fireball spitting skulls on walls, I don't remember any other enemies. The first stage was inside a castle.

I was so sure that the title was GOD, or maybe God but gamefaqs search gave me neither.

it was Gods.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
test84 said:
deathfisaro said:

it was Gods.

OH BLOODY GORGEOUS

One of the best games I've ever played in my life. From the wiki link I could download the game, gonna try it with DOSBOX soon. Yay!

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mines of Titan (and it's sequel that I don't know the name of that you need in order to actually beat the game)

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Dont know whether I have posted but...

Doom's

Duke Nukem's

And a few other good ones.. Cant remember names though
frown.gif

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Commander Keen ep 4, Doom 1 and 2, Duke Nukem 3D, Monkey Island 1, Lost Vikings, SNES9X AND NO$GMG DOS EMULATORS ZOMG, Dangerous Dave 2, Crystal Caves, Jazz Jackrabbit 1, Diablo 1, Mortal Kombat 1, Volfied, The Incredible Machine, Prince of Persia 1 and 2, Titus the Fox, LHX Attack Chopper, Larry 6. Pretty much every single game I played. Again this brings to a dilemma I stated in a flashcart topic: you're much more motivated to play and like a game when you know your options are very few than when you know you can download and play anything in existance, and back then games were hard to get. Also, time and nostalgia ennoble even the most obnoxious of games.

NOT Dangerous Dave ONE. Urrrgh the memories... >.=.

Christen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PICKLE WARS!!

Can't believe no one mentioned this one yet.

picklew.gif

And One Must Fall is a pretty damn good fighter from what I can remember.

rscarrab

Trophies
XP
Country
-Leisure suit Larry
-Space Quest
-Bio-Forge
-Full Throttle
-Time Commando
-Pagan Ultima VIII
-Blood
-Flight of the Amazonian Queen
-Wrestlemania : The Arcade Game
-OMF 2097
-Redneck Rampage
-Doom's
-Dark Forces
-LBA 1
-LBA 2
-Command & Conquer + covert missions expansion
-Diablo
-Descent
-Duke3d

WAY too many to list.
I could go all day about the golden years.
My DOS gaming days contained some of my most enjoyable moments in gaming. By far.
The thing i liked the most about DOS was the feeling that ALL your system resources were being dedicated to the game, cause when windows 3.1 & 3.11 came along i absolutely hated running games in that environment, even in windows95 i yearned to run all my games off the DOS prompt but with little to no avail... sigh...
Oh and when i mean ALL system resources, i mean ALL of my 486's system resources which could be cut in half by the simple press of a "turbo" button on the front of my PC... sigh(x2)...

gumbyscout

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C-Dogs 2
Blood and Magic

and some game i can't remember what it's called, haven't played it since I was six, it had a cobra or something on the box and you start out on a boat and run as lighting strikes stealing your party members....

Oh and I used to like the jill of the jungle series, before I found out what a real platformer is.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hm, DOS games always were a favorite for me. Definitely gotta have:
Xargon (all episodes)
Jill of the Jungle
Hugo (1, 2, and 3 are all fun and challenging, although 3 is the easiest. 2 is the longest and hardest.)
Street Rod 2 (get the hacked version so Fords can have superchargers)
One Must Fall 2097
Desert Storm Command
Funball (a good puzzle game)
Duke Nukem (a total classic)
Jazz Jackrabbit (again, a classic)
Overkill
God of Thunder (all episodes) (good puzzles and gameplay)
Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure (all episodes)

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
There was this Apogee game, but i forgot the title. I used to play it on the classroom computer @ elementary school. The teachers were not aware of it's presence on the machine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!