Homebrew doom

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a silly motherfucker. I accidently put another 3ds folder inside my 3ds folder *fp* but now it works great! Just add saving support, circle pad support, touch the touch screen to exit and itll be near perfect..

Reactions: XDel

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was waiting for this, thanks :yaysp:
I wasn't a huge doom fan back in the day but I've grown used to playing it on anything that gets homebrew and playing it in 3D is just awesome. When I first tried ninjhax, the yeti3DS brew made me want 3D doom even more.

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
This is the wetness!!!!!!!! LOVE DOOM so much!!!!!!!

If someone makes a .cia for this I might just mess my trousers (if I'm wearing any) XD

I've had trouble building .cias myself, if someone wants to PM me a little help in the form of a command string to use, go for it. Teach a man to fish and all that...

I have a working toolchain for .3ds .3dsx compiling btw.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to comment on the way the 3D looks.

I could be wrong but to me I think you have the 3D rendering for the weapon to be backwards as you adjust the slider. What I mean is that I noticed that as you get the slider to about midway and then go higher, the level looks 3d (like ocarina of time 3d, the level has depth) but the weapon seems to be popping out to me.

I've noticed that if I get the slider up where I like it and then slightly rotate the 3DS screen a little to the left or right (this seems to flip what the eye sees as left and right image), the gun looks fine but the level then looks weird. Is this what you or anyone else is experiencing?

I think the right way would be to have the gun go into the screen with the level, but it seems to be working against that which is doing a number on my eyes :wacko:

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to comment on the way the 3D looks.

I could be wrong but to me I think you have the 3D rendering for the weapon to be backwards as you adjust the slider. What I mean is that I noticed that as you get the slider to about midway and then go higher, the level looks 3d (like ocarina of time 3d, the level has depth) but the weapon seems to be popping out to me.

I've noticed that if I get the slider up where I like it and then slightly rotate the 3DS screen a little to the left or right (this seems to flip what the eye sees as left and right image), the gun looks fine but the level then looks weird. Is this what you or anyone else is experiencing?

I think the right way would be to have the gun go into the screen with the level, but it seems to be working against that which is doing a number on my eyes :wacko:

i disagree. when i look at it, it seems the arm has MORE depth then the level. particularly when a creature walks right up on you, the arm seems to extend beyond him. and the arm looks as though it going into the floor. this is at any depth setting. i think the fix would be to reduce (or completely remove) the amount of depth of the arm as it's technically part of the hud.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i disagree. when i look at it, it seems the arm has MORE depth then the level. particularly when a creature walks right up on you, the arm seems to extend beyond him. and the arm looks as though it going into the floor. this is at any depth setting. i think the fix would be to reduce (or completely remove) the amount of depth of the arm as it's technically part of the hud.
I don't see this as a big deal, personally. The big thing is we can play Doom with almost good controls and great speed on a 3ds. The 3d mode works for the most part. It'll never be "perfect".

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't see this as a big deal, personally. The big thing is we can play Doom with almost good controls and great speed on a 3ds. The 3d mode works for the most part. It'll never be "perfect".

why not? fixed 3d levels and a small framerate boost and i'd consider it perfect. worked alot better then i had expected, especially the speed. it is an awesome port but hopefully he's going to continue support for this app. cause i dont consider 'almost good' controls and graphics that 'work for the most part' worthy of letting take up sd space.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The 3D looks nice enough when the slider is set to 1/2 or 3/4. It just looks funky when set to maximum.

Does anybody have a .smdh file for this that they feel like sharing? :)

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3D looks nice enough when the slider is set to 1/2 or 3/4. It just looks funky when set to maximum.

Does anybody have a .smdh file for this that they feel like sharing? :)
I have one, and a slightly edited version of this. I zipped it. But i cant upload it atm

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I thought about trying to adjust the scaling of the 3d slider so you're not stuck at the bottom end of it, but couldn't find it quickly. Main problem I had with this build tho was that I couldn't save the game progress due to lack of keyboard input, did anyone else manage it?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have one, and a slightly edited version of this. I zipped it. But i cant upload it atm
It would be greatly appreciated if you could when you have time. :)

I was able to save just by pressing buttons until it would proceed. It does regularly crash when trying to save, though.

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
While we're on the topic, could someone pretty please share a cia?
Don't make me beg, I'm having mega trouble compiling one myself (I have tried, I'm not daft or lazy)

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be greatly appreciated if you could when you have time. :)

I was able to save just by pressing buttons until it would proceed. It does regularly crash when trying to save, though.
That's impossible. Saving requires you to enter a name for it, which you need a keyboard for.

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
prboom3ds - a version of doom based on prboom 2.5 and code brazenly stolen from dsdoom and other ports. it has 3d and sound - while not exactly perfect it does run. it requires the doom wad files in the root of the sd card as well as the prboom.wad

lots of graphical glitches and you need to play with the 3d slider to make it look decent.

Hey man, you still working on this? i've been following this thread waiting for any updates. i think it would be badass once you got the 3d fixed and some save support, im pretty stoked actually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1