Donkey Kong Land 1-3 VCS on N3DS keeps on crashing

steamedham

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I tried to get the SNES trilogy running on my N3DS via FBI installation but I never get it to run. I can install them properly and they launche showing the N3DS splash screen but then they crash and only leave me the option to create a crash dump or power the N3DS down. I tried creating my own VCS from my own roms and tried the compiled VCS files from hshop but nothing works. Has anyone encountered the same issue and knows of a fix? Granted DK Returns is a damn fine game but the originals are just something else and hold a very special place in my heart :wub:

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and they launche showing the N3DS splash screen but then they crash
Gives an Arm11 error immediately after you launch them? Try importing seed in fbi, for each game. And use Luma3DS Locale Switcher to launch them if they're out-of-region. also enable "game patching" in Luma3ds for it to work.

steamedham

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank your for your reply. Yes it is the ARM11 error. I'll try the Luma Locale Switcher and keep my fingers crossed.

edit: Seems I can't get it to work, still throws me the ARM11 error. I downloaded the seeds from hshop and put them into "sd:/fbi/seeds" and changed the region to EUR and tried also to switching the region to USA. Booth didn't work. What am I missing?

Last edited by steamedham,

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Just install VC games, they must work without problems, but you can play snes vc games with 3ds, 3ds xl or 2ds

steamedham

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Got it to work. Installed the seed via FBI over the internet.

@Doux91

Almost all VCs work for me but the Donkey Kong Land Trilogy and F-Zero won't work on my european N3DS due to the region lock. Don't ask me why shit just be like that. Got it working though and learned something new about the inner workings of our jailbroken devices. Thanks again @CoolMe

Reactions: CoolMe and Doux91

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank your for your reply. Yes it is the ARM11 error. I'll try the Luma Locale Switcher and keep my fingers crossed.

edit: Seems I can't get it to work, still throws me the ARM11 error. I downloaded the seeds from hshop and put them into "sd:/fbi/seeds" and changed the region to EUR and tried also to switching the region to USA. Booth didn't work. What am I missing?
I know you already got it to work but i just wanted to mention something, the seed method you tried early probably didn't work because the folder must be named "seed" and not "seeds".

Not sure how it works with hshop but i got from here and manually extracted the dat files with hydroseed. I just keep all dat files on my 3ds sd card so i don't ever need to worry about seeds in the future.

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7