Gaming Does XLink Kai work with 3DS games, and if so, XLink thread for Sm4sh demo and for Gatewayers?

Nepeta

:33
OP
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully this is the right place, but I'd like to ask if XLink Kai works with 3DS games, and if so, I'd like to have a thread for sharing XLink tags and playing together via XLink! I heard about it recently, its a Windows program used to play PSP/DS and earlier games online that had local wireless features but not wifi, Here's a link to download the program: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/?go=download
Pretty sure you have to sign up too for a tag to be able to use it. Regardless, I'm installing it myself right now so I'll get back to you all if it does work in a bit, and if not I'll likely request for the thread to be closed.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
we didn't get anything like this for ds, i think i read that because the ds required a very fast connection, and making it slower by passing it over the internet would cause problems, not just 'lag'? (i think it was something like that)
i guess 3ds would be even worse in this respect.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
we didn't get anything like this for ds, i think i read that because the ds required a very fast connection, and making it slower by passing it over the internet would cause problems, not just 'lag'? (i think it was something like that)
i guess 3ds would be even worse in this respect.

But we have already seen its possible with Monster Hunter that 3DS can do ad-hoc.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
But we have already seen its possible with Monster Hunter that 3DS can do ad-hoc.

what do you mean? games have local wireless, sure, but this thread is about taking local wireless and putting it over the internet to play with others

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
what do you mean? games have local wireless, sure, but this thread is about taking local wireless and putting it over the internet to play with others

Yeah, Monster Hunter 3U on 3DS has an ad-hoc feature where if you have a wiiu and capcoms adhoc software you can play online with the 3DS version.

Same thing happened with PSP and ad-hoc party.

Its basically proof of concept that ad-hoc can work. Hopefully it will happen soon.

Id love to play Star Fox, NSMB2, Ex Troopers or even Kirby Fighters with people online.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Yeah, Monster Hunter 3U on 3DS has an ad-hoc feature where if you have a wiiu and capcoms adhoc software you can play online with the 3DS version.

Same thing happened with PSP and ad-hoc party.

Its basically proof of concept that ad-hoc can work. Hopefully it will happen soon.

Id love to play Star Fox, NSMB2, Ex Troopers or even Kirby Fighters with people online.

oh yeah i understand, i think something similar was for ps3 and psp monster hunter... maybe :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again