So what's your current experience with Xlink Kai on the 360?

trs180

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved the Xbox before the 360 and I eventually got a 360, but I never once paid for Xbox Live. I liked the idea of having friends locally and not needing it and saw paid online as a scam that will eventually go away when people stop paying for it. But around the time the 360 came, I stopped having local friends and it collected dust until my friend fried it by plugging it in a ungrounded outlet and I just switched to PC. Now I have a RGH, I can start playing delisted games and imports. Anyway, how's Xlink Kai these days? Maybe I'll play some ace combat or halo or something.

Reactions: BigOnYa

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't have much choice without paying. There are stealth services that connect you to live by sending Microsoft servers a clean kv, but they're a ripoff.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the 360 unlike the original xbox it was indeed mostly seen as a for friends/online forums you know* type of service rather than a super janky matchmaking service like the original. Can't speak to activity today though.

*only the host needs to be KK/JTAG/RGH so if you do know someone without a modded dash then you can still play for the most part (LAN modes tending to lack the nice ping mitigation techniques so there is a limit).

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's many active lobbies, and it's usually active in the weekends, COD games (mainly BO2) are usually the ones most crowded a dozen or so people at most.. Also games GTA 5 & Borderlands 2..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa How have you been