Hardware Does the XL's screen scratch easily?

Tigro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
So I've just bought myself a nice XL and I began to wonder if the foil screen protector is an absolute must here. For all the time, both my original DS and later Lite had the foil on the bottom screen but does anybody know if anything changed in the 3DS as long as scratchability goes? Of course I'd rather refrain from it but I'm so used to it I won't give it a second thought if the screens still scratch easily in fast, stylus-based games. Also, if it's needed - is the bottom screen enough as it used to be or should I apply it to the upper one too?

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
With stylus-based games there is always the possibility of scratching the screen, i've been using my XL for approx 6 months now & haven't made a single scratch on the screen.

I am very aware of the possibilities of scratching the screen so i use the stylus with care.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you play touch-based rhythm games at all you definitely need a screen protector. But it should be a habit to put a screen protector on any device you own, as scratches can happen even on Gorillaglass screens and similar. I always put on a screen protector on a new device as soon as possible.

Tigro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks. After playing a bit, it seems the touch screen hasn't been improved since the previous generation as long as being prone to scratches goes. I ordered the protectors though I'd apply it only for the lower screen, as I used to with the DS and Lite :)

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been using my 3DS XL without a screen protector for 12 months and so far, no scratches. Although, I'm rather careful with my electronics. It all depends on how much you abuse your system.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foil? I'm sure foil would protect the screen very well, but how would you be able to see the screen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY...