Does NTR CFW 3.6 still have brightness control?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Kevin Fajardo, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Kevin Fajardo
    OP

Kevin Fajardo Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    United States
    So one of my favorite things about NTR was being able to lower the brightness even lower than level 1. Was this feature removed because I don't see it any where. :/

Last edited by Kevin Fajardo, Aug 10, 2017
  2. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    There's 2 pages now. Press UP on the first selection.

3. Kevin Fajardo
    OP

Kevin Fajardo Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    United States
    Where do I press up?

4. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    In the NTR menu.

5. Kevin Fajardo
    OP

Kevin Fajardo Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    United States
    It just leads me over to the "Screen Filter". How do I get to the second page lol

6. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Well then, it's gone.

7. Freya

Freya Newbie

Newcomer
    May 27, 2017
    Germany
    I can't test it (currently), but I found this:

"What's New
    1. The "Blue Light Reduction" in the main menu was renamed to "Screen Filter".
    2. Accessibility features including "Grayscale" and "Invert Colors" were added into the "Screen Filter" menu."

Source: https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.6

BL4Z3D247 likes this.
  8. natanelho

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Antarctica
    Between the Sacred Silence and Sleep
    Was about to make a similar thread, that sucks. I used it to play at night...

9. R4ismychildhood

R4ismychildhood Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2017
    Japan
    It's gone someone plzzz help usssssssssssss

10. NanashiFinal13

NanashiFinal13 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2017
    Argentina
    Im using ntr 3.6i right now, it has the bright fuction, is down the power button, you will see the word "backlight", just press a button

11. Bluespheal

Bluespheal GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2016
    Mexico
    As far as I know it's gone, but it's being implemented into Rosalina, someone correct me on that one though...

12. NanashiFinal13

Newcomer
    May 1, 2017
    Argentina
    Is not gone, is still there, im using the backlight fuction right now with ntr 3.6

13. Bluespheal

Bluespheal GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2016
    Mexico
    May I ask what 3DS version do people have that can use the feature, I read that newer version don't have access to the feature anymore.

14. R4ismychildhood

R4ismychildhood Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2017
    Japan
    Where can I get 3.6i

15. NanashiFinal13

Newcomer
    May 1, 2017
    Argentina
    New 3DS XL with Luma 7.0.5, Arm9loaderhax Sysnand 11.0 (USA Console)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And Old 3DS Luma 7.0.5 and Arm9loaderhax Sysnand 9.2 (USA Console)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases

Last edited by NanashiFinal13, Sep 26, 2017
  16. South Cape

South Cape Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2010
    Japan
    I had this problem too. The feature isn't gone. System Menu 11.4 and on, i believe, disabled access to brightness settings via NTR. To circumvent this, i had to downgrade my system menu to 11.2 using some instructions i found somewhere. It's the only way to get the option back. I'll try to link you later. But, in short, it is totally possible to get it back, you just need to downgrade a couple versions lower

17. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    The backlight option was lost when 11.5 came out, right now I do believe i've heard of work on luma and rosalina to bring in backlighting so that this loss will no longer be a bother to people who use that feature.

18. South Cape

South Cape Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2010
    Japan
    Okay, here's the method I used to downgrade to from 11.5 to 11.2: 3Down

When you downgrade to 11.2, as a warning, all of your CIAs and stuff will remain on the system but will be reverted to presents. Also any folders or sorting you had will be erased and you'll have to do everything again. A few games I had actually broke (couldn't load, froze console on boot), forcing me to redownload them; every game that broke was a very new game (for example, Dragon Quest XI). So just in case, I recommend you backup your most important game saves, at the very least, with JKSM. Note: about 90% of my games/CIAs were fine.

BUT at the end of the day, I got brightness control back in the NTR Menu and that was worth all of the hassle. I personally use the brightness feature every single night, so losing it was a huge loss. There was no hassle not worth getting this feature back. Good luck!

Last edited by South Cape, Sep 27, 2017
  19. trecko1234

trecko1234 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2013
    United States
    I was about to go through the steps above me, but just messing around I got the screen filter to work on 11.6 without touching system updates. Using the latest bootntr from Nanquitas (2.9) and the latest version of NTR CFW (1.3), I launched ntr from the bootntr app, opened it up and turned on the screen filter from the home menu, then launched a game, and it works. Hopefully this helps someone else until it gets fixed for good.

20. South Cape

South Cape Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2010
    Japan
    Are you sure you're talking about the same thing? Screen filter is available on any version. This topic is about the brightness control setting that allows NTR to lower brightness much lower than factory settings, which to my knowledge, is only something available on 11.3 and lower.

SaffronXL likes this.