Does NTR CFW 3.6 still have brightness control?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Kevin Fajardo, Aug 10, 2017.

1. trecko1234

trecko1234 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2013
    United States
    I guess im talking about something different then, but regardless im unable to use the screen filter unless I set the option before I launch an application.

I don't see the menu option for brightness control anywhere in the NTR settings menu, is that option removed if you are running anything later than 11.3 or something similar?

2. South Cape

South Cape Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2010
    Japan
    Having to run the filter before launching a game is pretty much how it's always worked.

And yes, brightness control is only available on 11.3 and below. I'm unsure of the details but something in 11.4 and up disabled access to it. So the option doesn't even show up.

3. trecko1234

trecko1234 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2013
    United States
    Guess i'm going to be downgrading tonight then. If I do a full sysnand backup and also backup my SD card and the downgrade goes bad, I can revert both of those and be fine, correct?

4. South Cape

South Cape Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2010
    Japan
    I guess so. Not a helpful reply but I've never had to restore from a backup or anything. At least in my specific case, the downgrade just worked fine. Make sure you read my post though about it uninstalling your titles and shit, because it is a bit of a pain in the ass. Just nice to know ahead of time is all.

5. natanelho

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Antarctica
    Between the Sacred Silence and Sleep
    Is there an easy solution for that?, because I dont have a backup of 11.3 or below and uninstalling all my stuff will take a long time...

6. SaffronXL

SaffronXL Emulationer

Nov 17, 2016
    United States
    New Mexico
    I really wish the Luma devs would prioritise fixing this, they've been promising a fix for over 3 months, but no progress has been made. I'm very frustrated with the lack of updates, but even more frustrated by the devs' seeming inability to accept assistance in resolving the matter.