Hacking Does anyone know if jailbreak will work on a demo ps3.

Servdogg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On ebay I noticed that you can buy demo PS3s for about 160.00 The seller seems reputible and claims they are constructed more soundly than retail PS3s, and should play games and blu-rays with no problems.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS3-Playstation-3-40gb...=item2a0a423613

They are not backward compadable and cannot access the playstation store. So I was thinking about getting one of these demo Ps3s, but I am not sure whether jailbreak will work on it.

Please let me know what you think.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem would lie in the firmware but then again you should be able to download it online. It should work I guess you'll never know until you try. Also try craigslist since good deals for ps3 pop up sometimes. Trust me I bought my ds and wii for less then 50% of retail with some extra stuff.

It is to risky since there is a chance you cannot upgrade the firmware.

Then again you could buy a ps3 from a store put that ps3 in and do that but that seem unethical.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do not get demo ps3's
alot of the features are locked and the firmware cannot be updated
and because of that they cannot play new games

theres a reason why its cheap

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you can't upgrade the firmware and assuming it isn't on 3.4.1 you can safely assume as long the current PS3jailbreak isn't modded to work on other firmwares you pretty much can't use it. So don't get it.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Servdogg said:
The seller... claims they are constructed more soundly than retail PS3s.
He would say that, he's selling them and running a business. I wouldn't be surprised if they failure rate was actually higher, they are normally enclosed behind plastic to stop people stealing them. This probably means they have less ventilation than an average retail model.

I've often overheard salesmen lie through their teeth to get a sale, for example "you need a £40 HDMI cable to get 1080p".

QUOTEThe seller seems reputible

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...rms=Negative_24

His percentage doesn't include the 13 which have been revised. I've seen people on eBay with better feedback who sell fake memory cards day in, day out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up